What Is The "worst" Officiating Call Against Miami Ever? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Is The "worst" Officiating Call Against Miami Ever?

csabe said:
That game and when we played in Pittsburgh in the playoffs in the 1994 season. 4th down and Mcduffie got tackled "no pass interference of course" on a game winning/tying FG drive. We would have been in FG range and there was plenty of time left on the clock to even get in the endzone with Marino driving. We would have played the Chargers in the AFC Championship. Though we would have got killed by the Niners in that Super Bowl most likely the big game was in Miami and thought we had a real shot not having to deal with Buffalo for once back then. Oh well....

:confused: What game was this?

Not exactly "against" Miami, but in 1977, NE at Baltimore, at the end of the game with NE leading, Bert Jones scrambled, fumbled, NE recovered. Should have been game over, NE wins, which meant Miami would have won the AFC East. Instead, the refs invent "down by contact", "in the grasp", years before anyone heard of that. Baltimore kept the ball and scored and won. Miami missed the playoffs with a 10-4 record. Denver won the AFC that year - IMO, that call might have cost Miami a SB appearance. I heard that ref never worked a Miami game after.Does anyone else think that Washington's last TD in SB17 was bogus? The guy never got his feet down (was ruled pushed out), and he had his back to the sideline, so I don't think he would ever have come down in bounds. It was 3rd down, so Washington may have kicked a FG, going up 23-17 (instead of 27-17). 2min left, Strock was coming in. Would have liked to see him get the ball w/ a chance to win at the end.

MoFinz said:
The Snow Plow game....F' NEW ENGLAND

What did the Snow Plow game have to do with officiating??? NOTHING. The guy drove his plow onto the field by himself....the refs had absolutely nothing to do with this.....other than they never should have let him on the field. :mad:

ON a side note: The phantom pass interference call against the CANES in triple Overtime against Ohio State in the Championship.

I mostly yell, scream, and black out when bad calls happen. I can't recall too many. All I know is at least once a game I am screaming at the jackass on TV.

csabe said:
11/20/94 -- at Pittsburgh 16, Miami 13 (ot) Divsional Playoffs

This was the game, but got it wrong it was 13-13 and we were driving for the winning score during regulation. We would have been in FG range on a 4th and something from the Pittsburgh 45 we threw a pass down to about the 23 and Mcduffie was clearly open and got tackled by the corner way before the ball got there and was a no call. We ended up losing the coin toss and the game quickly in OT. That call would have won that game for us but the refs blew it big time.
Why does it say divisional playoffs? Unfortunately, that year we were eliminated by S.D. in the divisional playoffs; otherwise we would have gone to play Pittsburgh. Marino's last good shot at another Super Bowl.

Miami hasn't been screwed over that much over the years. We have lost a few close games but mainly from guys like Stoyanovich and Uwe von Schaman shanking some kicks. Stabler beat us in a playoff game (I think it was 1974?) with the luckiest crappiest throw ever....that is the game I remember crying over. :boohoo:

csabe said:
11/20/94 -- at Pittsburgh 16, Miami 13 (ot) Divsional Playoffs

This was the game, but got it wrong it was 13-13 and we were driving for the winning score during regulation. We would have been in FG range on a 4th and something from the Pittsburgh 45 we threw a pass down to about the 23 and Mcduffie was clearly open and got tackled by the corner way before the ball got there and was a no call. We ended up losing the coin toss and the game quickly in OT. That call would have won that game for us but the refs blew it big time.

Maybe I'm wrong but didn't the Dolphins tie it at 13 late in the 4th quarter to force OT?

BringBackShula said:
ON a side note: The phantom pass interference call against the CANES in triple Overtime against Ohio State in the Championship.

:sidelol: :sidelol: ..Whatever makes you feel better bud...it was a late call..but it was OBVIOUS!!! You got outplayed and the better team won.:wink: :tongue:

BringBackShula said:

That was a good call!!

Go Buckeyes!!! :tongue:

Marino420TD said:
Not exactly "against" Miami, but in 1977, NE at Baltimore, at the end of the game with NE leading, Bert Jones scrambled, fumbled, NE recovered. Should have been game over, NE wins, which meant Miami would have won the AFC East. Instead, the refs invent "down by contact", "in the grasp", years before anyone heard of that. Baltimore kept the ball and scored and won. Miami missed the playoffs with a 10-4 record. Denver won the AFC that year - IMO, that call might have cost Miami a SB appearance. I heard that ref never worked a Miami game after.Does anyone else think that Washington's last TD in SB17 was bogus? The guy never got his feet down (was ruled pushed out), and he had his back to the sideline, so I don't think he would ever have come down in bounds. It was 3rd down, so Washington may have kicked a FG, going up 23-17 (instead of 27-17). 2min left, Strock was coming in. Would have liked to see him get the ball w/ a chance to win at the end.

When I saw this thread this the call that immediately came to mind. I agree with you.

Roughing the passer on Pat Surtain that negated an INT (we would have won)

and same game, defensive holding on the last play of the game on Madison(the clock would have run out if the fake penalty wasnt called)

both of these plays were against the Cardinals last season. The refs literally stole that one from us.

Oh well, if we were 5-11, who knows who we would have drafted.

Oh well, if we were 5-11, who knows who we would have drafted.[/quote]

..Probly a Cadillac or something. Actually I wouldnt take back draftin Ronnie..I think he'll be a better back in the long run. Juat thank god we didnt get Benson!

Back
Top Bottom