What Is The "worst" Officiating Call Against Miami Ever? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Is The "worst" Officiating Call Against Miami Ever?

Snowplow game. Shula's head almost exploded. The refs should have never alowed it. Shula knew of course since he was head of the rules commitee I believe.

JAcK o D1AmonDs said:
What happened in the Snow PLow game?

Late in the game the pats were trying to kick a field goal to win the game. They called a timeout and had a snowplow come on the field and clear a patch of snow so they can kick the field goal. A clear violation of the rules.

The 1982 snow plow play. 0-0 score in the 4th qt. Actually it was a broom on a tractor. And the guy driving the tractor was a convicted burglar. N.E won 3-0.
I remember watching it in disbelief thinking to myself " Why isn't someone doing something".

Hard to say what the worst was, although every time Miami plays the Jets at least one major call goes against them. This year was no exception when a pass interference penalty was called (on Howard I think) late in the game that gave NY a huge first down. The pass was nowhere near the receiver so should have been ruled uncatchable. There was also a catch in the back of the endzone by Chambers against the Jets a few years ago that was incorrectly ruled incomplete. That call essentially cost Miami the game.

DolphinzD said:
Oh my. That was one of the WORST calls I have EVER seen, any game, any sport, any level. And I would have felt the same way if I weren't a Dolphins fan. I believe it was David Givens, who literally picked Fletcher up, moved him out of the way, and then still missed the ball. The official was right on top of the play and threw the flag on Fletcher. Unbelievable. I know there were a lot of factors that contributed to the Dolphins losing that game, but I still believe that had that call been made correctly (or if even no call was made), Miami would have won. New England was down by 11 with 5 minutes left, I think they were near midfield, and that put them right at the goalline. Say the play is ruled PI against Givens, or just an incomplete pass, and the Patriots still have a long way to go. Any Patriots fans who whined about the questionable PI call in the Denver play-off game need to go back and watch that play.

Yeah, that's the one I thought of.

does anyone remember either two or three years ago when we played the jets in new york and chambers caught the ball in the back corner of the endzone and they said that he did not maintain control of the ball....it was total bull**** and we lost that game....well i didnt read the post right above mine but apparently someone remembers.....

MoFinz said:
The Snow Plow game....F' NEW ENGLAND

Game, Set, Match...Winner! It had to be the dumbest rule on or off the books at the time to allow that to happen.

The shootout at the meadowlands 1986. Offerdahl caused a fumble that wasnt called that wud have give us possesion in the jets half in ovvertime i believe. massive call.

Roman529 said:
What did the Snow Plow game have to do with officiating??? NOTHING. The guy drove his plow onto the field by himself....the refs had absolutely nothing to do with this.....other than they never should have let him on the field. :mad:

I was thinking the same thing. All though the NE coach did wave him on, it wasn't the officials fault. What was the officials supposed to do in that case?

csabe said:
11/20/94 -- at Pittsburgh 16, Miami 13 (ot) Divsional Playoffs

This was the game, but got it wrong it was 13-13 and we were driving for the winning score during regulation. We would have been in FG range on a 4th and something from the Pittsburgh 45 we threw a pass down to about the 23 and Mcduffie was clearly open and got tackled by the corner way before the ball got there and was a no call. We ended up losing the coin toss and the game quickly in OT. That call would have won that game for us but the refs blew it big time.

When did the NFL start playing playoff games in November?

I don't worry about what the officials call or let go, it doesn't and never will cost a team a game. What looses a game are missed tackles, poor blocking, turnovers, poor play calling on both offense and defense, missed assignments, QB's going 23-49 (see Hassleback), things like that. Just because a referee misses a call is not really that big of a deal. Fans these days are saying that the officiating has gotten worse over the years, will thats BS. Now days you have 20 different camera angles to look at and replays that take forever. A official has a split second to make a call and are usually right most of the time.
Only crybabies will blame a lost on the officials.

steveincolorado said:
I don't worry about what the officials call or let go, it doesn't and never will cost a team a game. What looses a game are missed tackles, poor blocking, turnovers, poor play calling on both offense and defense, missed assignments, QB's going 23-49 (see Hassleback), things like that. Just because a referee misses a call is not really that big of a deal. Fans these days are saying that the officiating has gotten worse over the years, will thats BS. Now days you have 20 different camera angles to look at and replays that take forever. A official has a split second to make a call and are usually right most of the time.
Only crybabies will blame a lost on the officials.

LOL....these Canes fans will LOVE to hear that!!

Back
Top Bottom