What Is The "worst" Officiating Call Against Miami Ever? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Is The "worst" Officiating Call Against Miami Ever?

nyjunc said:
That was the proper call. The rule is the receiver must have possession in bounds w/ 2 feet which Chambers had BUT also must retain complete possession when they hit the ground and the ball juggled as he hit the ground. We had that exact same ruling go aginst as at NE in '03 and this year against NO on a would be TD by Coles.
Every time i see you post it makes me smile, just to know that being a jets fan makes you so miserable that you try to look for redemption here is funny to me. If you want you can become a Phins fan, we know you want to or else you would'nt be here so much. So come along and join a winning team, it feels great! :D

Does anybody remember last years game against New England when Chambers and Booker got called for excessive celebration 15 yds. then freakin Doug Flutie kicks an extra pt. and the whole NE team goes nuts. What about a few series later when JT gets called for roughing the passer. LAME, LAME, LAME. STILL PISSES ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!

randy9 said:
Actually, the guy running the snow plow was the convict & shoulda been thrown back in after that!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe the Refs were on a work release program themselves....

Tony305 said:
vs. Ohio State... National Championship Game... That OT Pass Interference call from other side of the field!! :tantrum:

that game shouldnt have gone into ot on a 3 and 5 one of miami coners got away with a obvious holding call if the refs would have called that miami never would have got the ball again and ohio would have kneed it 4 times i wish you canes fans would get off that:tantrum:

One time after a game back three years ago, an offical walked over and said "your a good man, coach DW". That has to be the worst call ever :sidelol:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned any one of the numerous games against N.E. in recent years where J.T. has been held repeatedly to keep him from rearranging T. Brady's body parts.

I distinctly remember J.T. being mugged in last game of the season as N.E.'s reserves were trying desperately to contain him. I recall "no calls" keeping several drives alive for N.E. wich is why game was closer then it should have been.

Da Plow was the worst by a landslide, But PI on Howard this year against NYJ was awful.

P.S. Glad Howard is gone though

Home opener of 2003 season, playing the Texans.
The game is uncomfortably close, and we're very flat.
Ricky busts a 50+ yard run down to the 1 yd line. It put him over the century mark, and gave us a chance to go up for good, and probably win.
Refs called an aweful holding penalty. It cut Rickys momentum, it was the longest run of a very brutal 440+ carry season. It cut the Dolphins momentum and was our first opening game loss in years. The snowball effect kicked in. It was the begining of our darkest days IMO.

BringBackShula said:
ON a side note: The phantom pass interference call against the CANES in triple Overtime against Ohio State in the Championship.

I think that is the worst officiating call ever, I still hate the buckeyes to this day for that very reason...In my opinion, the Miami Hurricanes won the championship in 2002...I watched the game on ESPN classic a few months ago, and i got even more pissed off then when i first saw the call!:fire: :fire: :fire:

Roman529 said:
What did the Snow Plow game have to do with officiating??? NOTHING. The guy drove his plow onto the field by himself....the refs had absolutely nothing to do with this.....other than they never should have let him on the field. :mad:

The Patriots coach SENT him on to the field. You think a guy with a tractor and a broom was just hanging out on the sidelines?

The refs didn't send the guy out... but they did nothing to New England for the clear cheating.

For those asking, here is a picture:

http://www.answers.com/topic/snow-plow-game-jpg

phinfan_1 said:
The 1982 snow plow play. 0-0 score in the 4th qt. Actually it was a broom on a tractor. And the guy driving the tractor was a convicted burglar. N.E won 3-0.
I remember watching it in disbelief thinking to myself " Why isn't someone doing something".
The funny thing is the Raiders were dumb enough to call a timeout against NE in that playoff game where Brady "tucked" and they went out and cleared the ground again. That was pretty stupid of them. But on the topic the most heart breaking loss I think was when we were beating SD 21-0 then they came back off of some BS calls like the Natrone Means call and then Stoyanovich missed like a 30 yarder to win it. I remember just getting up and walking outside just fuming so bad I couldn't speak. I hate that game.:fire:

Sethdaddy8 said:
Home opener of 2003 season, playing the Texans.
The game is uncomfortably close, and we're very flat.
Ricky busts a 50+ yard run down to the 1 yd line. It put him over the century mark, and gave us a chance to go up for good, and probably win.
Refs called an aweful holding penalty. It cut Rickys momentum, it was the longest run of a very brutal 440+ carry season. It cut the Dolphins momentum and was our first opening game loss in years. The snowball effect kicked in. It was the begining of our darkest days IMO.
Yeah that was def one of the worst calls I have ever seen, there were a few questionable calls in that game if i remember correctly but that was the big one.

Back
Top Bottom