What Is The "worst" Officiating Call Against Miami Ever? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Is The "worst" Officiating Call Against Miami Ever?

emale2u1 said:
I was at that game. I still remember the call as clearly as the back of my hand. Yes, he was on top of Kelly (after tackling him) and he didn't let go. In all my years of watching football (from 1970 - today), I have never seen that call again. It is quite common for the defensive player to keep holding onto the guy who fumbled to keep him from getting the ball while letting a teamate recover it.
Well something about this memory is wrong. Either it happened in the 90s, or it wasn't Klingbeil. Klingbeil played for the Dolphins from 91-95.

FinFaninMS said:
Well something about this memory is wrong. Either it happened in the 90s, or it wasn't Klingbeil. Klingbeil played for the Dolphins from 91-95.

I actually remember the play more than the players. I couldn't even tell you what year it was.

insomnia411 said:
2 years ago when we went 4-12, when we played the Cardinals Surtain was called for roughing the passer for barely grazing the helmet of Josh McCown, and the flag resulted in the Cardinals converting a long 3rd down. It was one of the worst call I have ever seen... Ever.

I was at that game, and let me tell you one thing: the fans didn't stop booing until the Dolphins had possession.

To DBoston80, I'm sure you're just as biased as any other fan, so just stop arguing about this crap.

nyfinzfan said:
Im gonna throw this one out there to see if anyone remembers it. It is the WORST call Ive seen in thirty years of watching my boys and one of the only times that I thought a game was actually FIXED.
The Dolphins are playing the Bills on a Monday night in Miami. Its classic 80's Bills Dolphins but we were big underdogs. Well were beating them late and Jim Kelly is backed to pass. Chuck Klingbeil the NT breaks through the middle and sacks Kelly resulting in a fumble. Miami recovers at about the 50 a real nail in the coffin. But wait theres a flag. The refs call holding on Klingbiel for holding because hes on top of Kelly (of course he is...he sacked him!) who was trying to recover his fumble. The Bills go on to score and ultimately win the game.
Now Ive never seen that call before and Ive never seen it since. Was the fix in? :tantrum:

Anyone remember that one??:confused:

If I remember correctly, it Thurman Thomas that fumbled and Klingbeil was called for holding because he didn't offer Thomas the opportunity to go after the football. What made this call even worse, the following week, Thomas fumbled against The Raiders and a LB can be seen holding Thomas up while a teammate recovered the fumble.

Geforce said:
If I remember correctly, it Thurman Thomas that fumbled and Klingbeil was called for holding because he didn't offer Thomas the opportunity to go after the football. What made this call even worse, the following week, Thomas fumbled against The Raiders and a LB can be seen holding Thomas up while a teammate recovered the fumble.

That actaully sounds more correct.

It's difficult to point out so many bad officiating calls against Miami but I do know one of the worst officiated games was the so called "Miracle in the Meadowlands" Monday Night Football game. It still pisses me off that the officials can call six pass interferences/illegal use of hands penalties on Madison and Surtain to keep drives alive and one offensive pass interference penalty on Gadston to stop a drive.

for hurricanes its the bull**** phantom call in OT against the ****ing buckeyes.

i can't think of a fins one right now.

god damn you, you brought back bad memories.

marinoisgodinRI said:
does anyone remember either two or three years ago when we played the jets in new york and chambers caught the ball in the back corner of the endzone and they said that he did not maintain control of the ball....it was total bull**** and we lost that game....well i didnt read the post right above mine but apparently someone remembers.....

I bring that one up all the time, because you can usually see similar catches ruled in bounds at least once a week. Half the time it isn't even as clear as Chambers' catch. To top it off I believe we would've made the playoffs had that been called correctly.

Well, one that has, by far, pissed me off the most was about 3-4 years ago when we had a chance to go into the playoffs. The only game we had to win was the last game against those A**hole pats (god i despise them). We were dominating them till the final few minutes when they luckily pulled like 3 td's out of there a**. The last touchdown that was set up had me screaming. It was a pass interference call against the cb (i forgot who), and the pats were now on our like 20'something. It was the MOST RIDICULOUS pass interference call i will ever see. And b/c of that call, the game was tied, the pats get the first possesion in overtime and of course (those f*****s piss me off soooo much), they win and keep us out of the playoffs.

csabe said:
That game and when we played in Pittsburgh in the playoffs in the 1994 season. 4th down and Mcduffie got tackled "no pass interference of course" on a game winning/tying FG drive. We would have been in FG range and there was plenty of time left on the clock to even get in the endzone with Marino driving. We would have played the Chargers in the AFC Championship. Though we would have got killed by the Niners in that Super Bowl most likely the big game was in Miami and thought we had a real shot not having to deal with Buffalo for once back then. Oh well....

In 1994 we beat KC in the playoffs, and lost to the Chargers by 1 point when Stoyanovich missed a FG by a mile at the end of the game. We didn't play the Steelers.

DolphinzD said:
That game is a pure nightmare in Dolphins' history. One of the most painful losses I have ever watched. You forgot to mention on the safety, I think it was Bernie Parmalee, clearly had the ball out of the endzone. I guess I'm not sure exactly how a safety is supposed to be called, but I've seen many times where a player is tackled, and they're partially in the endzone, yet the ball is out of the endzone, that aren't called safeties.

This game was the one I had in mind when I read the thread. You all beat me to it.

Dolfan984 said:
Pass INT vs Fletcher. That doesn't happen, and the Dolphins make the playoffs in 02.

in recent, memory the PI ag Fletcher takes the cake. :fire:

K-Rob said:
So what exactly happend in that snow plow game? I wasn't that much into football back then but I do remember the image of them plowing the snow for the convict to kick the game winning field goal.

Well if memory serves, The game is in overtime, both field goal kickers have already missed. When the patriots get in range again, a guy that was actually on "Work Release" or "Parole" from Prison drove the broom out there and swept the kicker a path. Shula was LIVID!!!!!!!!!!:fire: If they want to do a "Where are they now" thing They ought to find this guy and find out who told him to go out there

Back
Top Bottom