What Is The "worst" Officiating Call Against Miami Ever? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Is The "worst" Officiating Call Against Miami Ever?

Dolphan5876 said:
Well if memory serves, The game is in overtime, both field goal kickers have already missed. When the patriots get in range again, a guy that was actually on "Work Release" or "Parole" from Prison drove the broom out there and swept the kicker a path. Shula was LIVID!!!!!!!!!!:fire: If they want to do a "Where are they now" thing They ought to find this guy and find out who told him to go out there

I think the snow plower turned out to be the BTK guy.

I know the call i'm bringing up isn't directly against miami, but remember this?

Testaverde gets his helmet over the line and its called a TD.

Though there were a few more things that happened after that for the Jets, that win basically screwed the dolphins out of home field/bye for the playoffs.

Next year what happens? instant replay comes back. And yes, it was on that play and that play alone that the deciding vote got cast for bringing IR back.

Tell me different

Geforce said:
It's difficult to point out so many bad officiating calls against Miami but I do know one of the worst officiated games was the so called "Miracle in the Meadowlands" Monday Night Football game. It still pisses me off that the officials can call six pass interferences/illegal use of hands penalties on Madison and Surtain to keep drives alive and one offensive pass interference penalty on Gadston to stop a drive.

F*** dont remind me

nightmares for two weeks. Worse? I was at that game and had to go to work after making it home at 2am

Bad Lieutenant said:
I believe that play, and that play alone was the cause for Instant Replay to come back. It was narrowly defeated the season before this instance, but Vinny's touchdown that never crossed the 1 yard line was the decisive factor in swinging the vote to reinstitute instant replay.

Sorry I didnt see this, but yes yes yes.

it turned into the perfect storm to screw us big time

That damn snow plow........December 12, 1982.
I'm almost over it, 23 years later.

2002 or 03 when we were playing the pats for the division and surtain was guarding branch with like 45 seconds left in the game at newengland and brady just tossed it up to the endzone and branch missed it but they called pass int on surtain, the pats got it at the 1 yard line and scored and we didnt get in all becasue of that terrible call.

That damn snow plow game! :tantrum:

Without a shadow of a doubt. :fire:

I say the snowplow game too, without a doubt. Even worse, it was the first pro game I ever attended, since had had the luck (?) to be living in Mass that year...

backpacker said:
I was at that game, and let me tell you one thing: the fans didn't stop booing until the Dolphins had possession.

To DBoston80, I'm sure you're just as biased as any other fan, so just stop arguing about this crap.

..You dont like it..dont read it:sidelol: :lol: :D :wink:

finfan187 said:
I don't remember the year, I wanna say it was 1994, and I might butcher some the stats a bit but it was during the play off game against SD, and Natron Means fumbled the ball through the endzone but instead of a touchback, they gave the ball back to SD at the 1 yd line, he scored with ease, THEN on another TD run of his, he stepped out of bounds at the 5 and the refs missed it. That still bugs me.

I remember watching that game in disgust. I might have been 8 at the time when my passion for the phins had just started to kindle, but I definately remember that game and the name Natron Means with a bad taste in my mouth.:tantrum:

EHord25 said:
I remember watching that game in disgust. I might have been 8 at the time when my passion for the phins had just started to kindle, but I definately remember that game and the name Natron Means with a bad taste in my mouth.:tantrum:

Yep yep!!! I remeber that BS all to well......:shakeno:

to me the worst NON CALL against the phins was in the SB against the Redskins when Riggins fumbled and G. Blackwood to the ball the distance. It was ruled down, but was clearly a fumble. 3 plays later and Riggins was in the endzone. That play alone would have put Miami up mid way through the 4th quarter and the Redskins would not have been able to run the ball and control the clock. It was a horrible call and was one of the calls that led to the introduction of instant replay. the whistle had not blown, the ref just called him down.

On the topic of Miami in general because I am still upset about it.

I am going for Terry Porter for screwing the Hurricanes out of a championship. He basically called the penalty 52 seconds after the play and it was a BS call to boot. Absolutely horrible.

With the Dolphins I would say calling unsportsmanship on McMike last year comes to mind.

chemo476 said:
On the topic of Miami in general because I am still upset about it.

I am going for Terry Porter for screwing the Hurricanes out of a championship. He basically called the penalty 52 seconds after the play and it was a BS call to boot. Absolutely horrible.

With the Dolphins I would say calling unsportsmanship on McMike last year comes to mind.

:sidelol: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

Back
Top Bottom