What is your current age? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your current age?

old man GIF

I love Maui!
I would move there but our daughter and her family are here and there is not way my wife would want to move that far away from them. So we spend a month in Maui every year and that gives me the chance to mellow out for a month while enjoying the ocean outside the back sliding glass door and viewing Mount Haleakala every time we go out the front door.

Last edited:
Old fart!
The only good thing about getting as old as I am is I no longer have the sense of smell I did when I was younger. So when my grandsons fart and laugh about it, I don’t get the joke because I don’t smell anything. I guess losing a keen sense of taste and smell is part of old age and not just a COVID 19 symptom. At least it has been for me.

The day the cute young teen girl at the McDonalds drive through started calling me sir in the early 80s...its all downhill from there...lol
I remember I drove Into a gas station and a young man came out of the office and said, “can I fill it up for you sir”. I actually looked to see who he was talking to since up to then, no one had ever called me sir. That is the day I started feeling old.

I would move there but our daughter and her family are here and there is not way my wife would want to move that far away from them. So we spend a month in Maui every year and that gives me the chance to mellow out for a month while enjoying the ocean outside the back sliding glass and viewing Mount Haleakala every time we go out the front door.
I took the bike ride down Haleakala. It was beautiful watching the sunrise up over the top of the cloud-filled crater at dawn. Something I'll never forget. Not often you get to watch the sunrise on top of the clouds unless you're on a plane. Is Leilani's in Kaanapali still open? Used to like eating there with the ocean views and good food. I like to eat at the local establishments and avoid the tourist traps. Would always get suggestions from the locals and they never steered me wrong. Which part of the island do you usually stay in when you go?

I must be getting old because now a 45-50 yr old woman won't look my way anymore. I'm too old for them. I think they think I need a nurse or baby sitter or something!!! Lmaooooo. If I could only turn back time!!!

Last edited:
I took the bike ride down Haleakala. It was beautiful watching the sunrise up over the top of the cloud-filled crater at dawn. Something I'll never forget. Not often you get to watch the sunrise on top of the clouds unless you're on a plane. Is Leilani's in Kaanapali still open? Used to like eating there with the ocean views and good food. I like to eat at the local establishments and avoid the tourist traps. Would always get suggestions from the locals and they never steered me wrong. Which part of the island do you usually stay in when you go?
We have been on Haleakala to watch the sun rise and the sun set numerous times. I did the bike ride down the mountain when we first traveled to Maui over 20 years ago but haven’t done so since then .
‘’There is a Leilani‘s in the Whalers Villiage in Kaanapali. So I assume that that is the place you are referring to. It was still open when were were last there in 2019 but with COVID I have no idea if it is still open now. I hope so because my wife and I go there a few times every time we visit Maui.

We have been there so many times we have become close with the some of the workers at the MauiKai, where we always stay when we visit Maui. I have gotten a lot of information about local establishments in Maui from them over the years about where tourists rarely visit but are great places to eat. In all the years I have been going to Maui, I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal, even at the tourist restaurants.

The next time you go to Maui, if you haven‘t visited Leoda‘s kitchen and pie shop, they have excellent food and great pies if you like pie. It looks like an old shack on the right side when you are driving to Lahaina coming from the airport. It is a few miles outside Lahaina and I highly recommend it for breakfast or lunch. As you are obviously aware there are so many great places to eat dinner, it would take someone months if not years to eat at all the great restaurants on Maui.

By the way before I forget. The next time you visit Maui if you want to go up Haleakala to watch the sun rise, you now have to make a reservation through the park service before going. So many people were going up to watch the sun rise in the past, the park was being damaged by all the visitors at once. So now they limit how many visitors can visit the park to view the sun rise each day. I didn’t know about the change after it first happened and we drove up and didn’t get in because we hasn’t registered prior to driving to the park. The next year I registered online and got a date to visit the mountain for sunrise and had no problem getting in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom