What is your current age? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your current age?

47. I've been a Dolphins fan since 82, which was the year I started playing pop warner football. Growing up in Orlando back in those days, you had the choice of being a Bucs fan or Dolphins fan. It wasn't a difficult choice. :lol: I've been a die-hard ever since.

117, I'm immortal...
Just ready to hit 54.
It's refreshing to see a thread like this, we've put all our differences and opinions aside to get to know each other just a little bit better. It may be the first thread in FH's history without any bickering, kudos guys, glad you're all here sharing our love for the Phins, whether or not we always agree with the team's direction, when it boils down to it, we all have that same love in common...
:fh :pTB:hclap:
I'm coming for you
200-3.gif

We have been on Haleakala to watch the sun rise and the sun set numerous times. I did the bike ride down the mountain when we first traveled to Maui over 20 years ago but haven’t done so since then .
‘’There is a Leilani‘s in the Whalers Villiage in Kaanapali. So I assume that that is the place you are referring to. It was still open when were were last there in 2019 but with COVID I have no idea if it is still open now. I hope so because my wife and I go there a few times every time we visit Maui.

We have been there so many times we have become close with the some of the workers at the MauiKai, where we always stay when we visit Maui. I have gotten a lot of information about local establishments in Maui from them over the years about where tourists rarely visit but are great places to eat. In all the years I have been going to Maui, I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal, even at the tourist restaurants.

The next time you go to Maui, if you haven‘t visited Leoda‘s kitchen and pie shop, they have excellent food and great pies if you like pie. It looks like an old shack on the right side when you are driving to Lahaina coming from the airport. It is a few miles outside Lahaina and I highly recommend it for breakfast or lunch. As you are obviously aware there are so many great places to eat dinner, it would take someone months if not years to eat at all the great restaurants on Maui.

By the way before I forget. The next time you visit Maui if you want to go up Haleakala to watch the sun rise, you now have to make a reservation through the park service before going. So many people were going up to watch the sun rise in the past, the park was being damaged by all the visited at once. So now they limit how many visitors can visit the park to view the sun rise each day. I didn’t know about the change after it first happened and we drove up and didn’t get in because we hasn’t registered prior to driving to the park. The next year I registered online and got a date to visit the mountain for sunrise and had no problem getting in.
I plan on taking the wife back, hopefully, sooner than later. I found it amazing how cold it is in the morning on top, it was freezing. Not something you would normally associate with Hawaii. If I'm correct, I believe it's the steepest descent from 10,000 feet to sea level in the world. By the time we got back down the mountain, as I'm sure you're well aware, the temperature had risen by about 50 degrees. I found it amusing stopping at intervals on the way down to shed layers. I remember a restaurant midway down built on the side of the mountain overlooking the island, we stopped and ate there, the view was awesome.
Who doesn't like pie? I ate in a few restaurants that fit that description. When the locals said go here, we were reluctant to go inside a few of them but we were always pleasantly surprised by the food and atmosphere. From that point on we listened to them, they never recommended a bad place, I'm not sure there is one on the island. LOL
I've been to Oahu (too commercialized) and Kona (pretty barren) I liked them both but fell in love with Maui. I thought the active lava flows were pretty neat on Kona, and of course, we visited the Thurston Lava Tube. My favorite was the black sand beach. I also like traveling the road to Hana, no other ride like it in the world. Even stopped a few times to walk and explore the rainforest. Lots of hidden waterfalls and swimming holes off the beaten pathway. After talking about it, I'm really getting the itch to go!

I was quite embarrassed to post I am 33. I feel like I got just my drivers license compared to some of our FH faithful
Shut up and sit down. Speak only when spoken to or you'll find yourself in the corner young man.
Anyone up for a game of pinochle? I just finished my prunes and am ready to go... :lol:

That's great, I swear I thought I was arguing with a bunch of teenagers at times 🤣

I'm 34, been a fan since the 90's..I always tell my friends they can't call me a bandwagon Dolphins fan since they haven't won sh*t in my lifetime lol

Many years of misery and disappointment but I refuse to lose hope.

52, but my wife says, “you’re only as old as the girl you squeeze” so I suppose that makes me 38?
Who am I kidding, I pulled a muscle brushing my teeth this morning!
Been a fan for at least 40 rode hard years..
Love this place:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom