What is your current age? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your current age?

Tell all those fair weather fans to save their money. Because it won’t be much longer before they will be jumping on the Dolphins bandwagon and they will be wanting to buy a Dolphin jersey. At least that is my hope for the near future.
I hear you there they're starting to be a movement around here, and I honestly believe it's younger fans they don't have teams quite yet. I think the Alabama influence is going to bring a lot of young fans to Miami, no matter if we like it or not because I don't like Alabama whatsoever but there's a hell of a ton of fans around here that wear bama gear. And really the main reason it's not going to bother me is because sometime my kids that are in middle School don't want to always wear their dolphin gear because kids are pretty vicious. I just tell my kids are times coming guys whether the storm 💪

53. A fan since meeting Bob Griese in an elevator in Pittsburg Pennsylvania in 74 or 75. Griese asked me my favorite sport, I replied baseball, and he handed me the Dolphins hat he was wearing and said that might change things. Been a Dolphin fan since, and hat is long gone and still like baseball more. Go Fins and Red Sox...

I’m absolutely shocked as to how many people age 40 50 60 70 are on here! I seriously always assume it’s 20 year olds.

I am 33 and have been a fan for almost 30 years- it started young around 4 or 5 ( fish and colors ) and being a dolphins fan brings with it some of my first memories. I met Dan Marino when I was 9 - my dad who didn’t know anything about sports brought me to get an autograph from him at one of those big football conventions with all the players signing etc, and vendors . I was a huge fan for years by then. Randy moss was still in college. Rip dad !!

56. Lived in So Fl since I was 2 years old. Die hard Dolphins and Canes fan (All teams from SF really). Just old enough to remember the undefeated season and all of the Marino years. My entire family are Fins fans and some of the best times are going to games with my daughters or hanging at the local sports bars watching from Jupiter. Me and my older daughter even caught a Covid game this year. Fun, but a little weird.

It’s telling that our fans, myself included, tend to be older. It has been awhile now since our heydey. Hopefully we are on the cusp of a return.

Last edited:
I’m absolutely shocked as to how many people age 40 50 60 70 are on here! I seriously always assume it’s 20 year olds.

I am 33 and have been a fan for almost 30 years- it started young around 4 or 5 ( fish and colors ) and being a dolphins fan brings with it some of my first memories. I met Dan Marino when I was 9 - my dad who didn’t know anything about sports brought me to get an autograph from him at one of those big football conventions with all the players signing etc, and vendors . I was a huge fan for years by then. Randy moss was still in college. Rip dad !!
Hopefully you will be around long enough that the young posters will be shocked that you have been posting on here for over 60 years in the future. When I was your age, we had no internet and I can remember earlier in my life when there were only 3 channels on the TV and all the networks signed off by playing the National Anthem at 12 midnight.
Our first TV was black and white and you actually had to get up off the couch to change the channel because the remote hasn’t been invented yet. We didn’t have cell phones of course but we did have phones that you dialed manually and had party lines. So if you wanted to make a call and the person who was on the party line with you was using their phone, you had to wait until they got off the phone before you could make your phone call.

As I am sitting here writing this ,one thought keeps popping into my brain. That thought is, God I’m old and how did the years pass so quickly.

It helps when you have 2 grandsons who seem to be experts on the computer. If I’m not sure how to do something on the computer, I just call them up and they are able to solve the issue in no time.
My kids open new electronics and have them set up and running before I even finish the first page of the manual... :shrug:
Mine are in their late teens and early 20's...

Hopefully you will be around long enough that the young posters will be shocked that you have been posting on here for over 60 years in the future. When I was your age, we had no internet and I can remember earlier in my life when there were only 3 channels on the TV and all the networks signed off by playing the National Anthem at 12 midnight.
Our first TV was black and white and you actually had to get up off the couch to change the channel because the remote hasn’t been invented yet. We didn’t have cell phones of course but we did have phones that you dialed manually and had party lines. So if you wanted to make a call and the person who was on the party line with you was using their phone, you had to wait until they got off the phone before you could make your phone call.

As I am sitting here writing this ,one thought keeps popping into my brain. That thought is, God I’m old and how did the years pass so quickly.

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been...........Seems like yesterday we were STOMPING on the Orange Bowl's concrete floors having the whole stadium ROCKIN'..... Good Times!!!

Back
Top Bottom