What is your current age? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your current age?

Sending love and smiles all the way from Cape May County, New Jersey. Keep posting, don't give up. :bye:
How are things in Cape May? The last time I was there was in 1970 when I was going through the Coast Guard boot camp. I had one of the best times of my life after getting out of boot camp when me and a few of the guys I went to boot camp with got together and spent the weekend in Wildwood.
‘I think I proposed to one of the girls I met there over the weekend but I’m not sure because that was back in the days when I still liked to imbibe more than I should.
Eventually I did meet a girl from New Jersey who’s family had moved to South Florida in 1961, the same year our family moved to South Florida. I guess I was always destined to marry an Italian girl from New Jersey because last month we celebrated our 48th anniversary.

41 from NJ and one of the only female members on here. I don't post much anymore because of that fact, but I've been a die-hard since I was about 7. My dad was/is a Jets fan and I loved watching football with him. The Jets/Dolphins rivalry always sparked him. For fun, I'd root for the Dolphins, but then I fell in love with Dan Marino (yes, he was my crush as a 7 year old girl), and the rest is history. I know more about football and the Dolphins than most men, but not everyone takes a female fan seriously.
Please don't let that stop you, I encourage you to contribute. I look forward to seeing you post more with perhaps a slightly different and more sound perspective.
:fh

Man. Some of you old timers sure do know how to use a computer well!!

I kid, I kid

😅
It helps when you have 2 grandsons who seem to be experts on the computer. If I’m not sure how to do something on the computer, I just call them up and they are able to solve the issue in no time.

How are things in Cape May? The last time I was there was in 1970 when I was going through the Coast Guard boot camp. I had one of the best times of my life after getting out of boot camp when me and a few of the guys I went to boot camp with got together and spent the weekend in Wildwood.
‘I think I proposed to one of the girls I met there over the weekend but I’m not sure because that was back in the days when I still liked to imbibe more than I should.
Eventually I did meet a girl from New Jersey who’s family had moved to South Florida in 1961, the same year our family moved to South Florida. I guess I was always destined to marry an Italian girl from New Jersey because last month we celebrated our 48th anniversary.
...and she, or one of he 47 cousins, has not knifed you yet?

Cool story. Cape May is still very quiet. Although during the summer months things always get more crowded with vacationers. I see the Coast Guards kids still walking around from time to time. I live near the Hospital which is north of the Coast Guard base. Been here for 17 years now. Not much to do until summer, but I enjoy the peace and tranquility of the area. Only about 70K people live here year round. But it swells to about 700k during May - October. I almost move to Florida back in 2004, but unfortunately met a woman who I stayed for, that didn't work out. So here I am.

And a big CONGRADULATIONS ON YOUR MARRAIGE. She's a lucky gal.

...and she, or one of he 47 cousins, has not knifed you yet?
Why do you think we live in South Florida and not New Jersey? She had a couple of Uncles who have since died that always had a lot of money and beautiful houses but I never did know what they did for a living and I certainly wasn’t going to ask because they looked just like the characters in Goodfellas.

When we used to go up to New Jersey for the yearly family reunions my wife’s family always had. Those two Uncles were always renting the venue and paying for all the food and paying the hotel bills for family members who came from other parts of the country for the reunion. They were really nice guys but they used to tell me that I better never hurt their niece. Of course they laughed when they said it, but I have no doubt they would not have been happy with me if I had done anything to hurt her, since she was their favorite niece.

They both had come over from Sicily with their parents in the 1920’s. So I learned early on in the marriage to appreciate their generosity but don’t ask any questions.

Yes.

When I was growing up in Cincinnati, Ohio I was a Browns fan because that was the only NFL team in the state. I decided to become a Packers fan because of their uniforms when I was 8, but got tired of the other guys giving me a bad time. Was it worth it just for a nicer uniform - NO. When I was a young man, Paul Brown came to Cincinnati to head up the Bengals and I became a big Bengals fan. I moved to North Carolina in 1992. When the Panthers came to the Carolinas, I became a Panther fan. Up till then my choice for an NFL team was due to geography. The closest NFL team to me was the one I supported.

When the Panthers replaced coach Fox with Coach Riviera, I was disappointed, but remains a panthers fan. I kept following Coach Fox in Denver and guess what? He did pretty good. I started having doubts about the Panthers Front Office at that time. I considered Riviera as good a coach as Fox, but the Broncos were ascending and the panthers were barely treading water.

Then Fox went to Chicago to coach the bears and I decided I was Going to be a Bears fan. That is when I found out about Adam Gase, Fox's OC in Denver. Gase left Denver, was offered the HC position for San Francisco and TURNED IT DOWN! That was an eye opener to me. It turns out that San Francisco wanted Gase to keep their current DC, the guy that "stabbed Harbaugh in the back" the year before. I said, this is someone I want to find out about. Gase went to Chicago as Fox's OC and was hired by the Dolphins the following year.

I followed him here and became a Dolphins fan. I was disappointed when Gase left, but by then I had been engrossed (what a great word) with the Dolphins and remained a fan. Am I ever glad I did. If I had followed Gase to the Jets I would be stranded now in football hell - LOL
Great story. Thanks for sharing. I grew up in Indiana although I’m only in my early 50s. I’m not a Reds fan today but I loved those 70’s Big Red Machine teams, and of course King’s Island. Nice town.

Hopefully the Dolphins are your final destination as a pro football fan!

Cool story. Cape May is still very quiet. Although during the summer months things always get more crowded with vacationers. I see the Coast Guards kids still walking around from time to time. I live near the Hospital which is north of the Coast Guard base. Been here for 17 years now. Not much to do until summer, but I enjoy the peace and tranquility of the area. Only about 70K people live here year round. But it swells to about 700k during May - October. I almost move to Florida back in 2004, but unfortunately met a woman who I stayed for, that didn't work out. So here I am.

And a big CONGRADULATIONS ON YOUR MARRAIGE. She's a lucky gal.
No I am the lucky guy. She is a great wife and an even better human being. I have been blessed to be married to her all these years.

turned 42 last in march. this should have been a poll by age ranges seem not to many under 30 year old.

Back
Top Bottom