What is your current age? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your current age?

Early '70s teams were perfect timing for me because I was 10-14. Plenty old enough for everything to be fully appreciated, scrutinized and forever ingrained.

I still can't get over this oft repeated nonsense, including from Kiper on Saturday, that the draft was so obscure and unsophisticated prior to recent decades. Meanwhile by 1977 I could rattle off and recognize virtually every name from every round, including scouting report and date of birth. This year I was totally in a fog on the final day. Not so in the late '70s. There were many more college games on television than conventional wisdom prefers to believe, plus countless highlight shows like ABC for an hour every Sunday featuring Bill Flemming as host. That show had a personnel slant spotlighting top ranked guys from smaller schools. Joel Buchsbaum had a scouting column every week in Pro Football Weekly plus his game preview articles always highlighted the players, not the game itself. That actually became a running joke among Pro Football Weekly columnists and subscribers, that you could make a living by going against Buchsbaum's game picks and with his personnel picks.

42. First season I was REALLY into was the 1992 team that lost to Buffalo at home in the AFCC.

Same...age wise...I'm 42...

However, I started being a fan a little earlier back in the late 80's...it wasn't until the 1989 season when we needed to pick up those last 2 wins that I was solidified....even though we didn't get to the playoffs and ended up losing those last 2, I was forever hooked.

BTW, anyone know why did we play the Chiefs twice that year ('89)? What kind of scheduling quirk was that?

42 in less than a week. been a fins fan since 83.

my join date is March 2004, so if my fatass doesnt die of weight, drinking, or smoking related issues in 8 years i will have known alot of yall ****ers for half my life. but still interesting that over a third of my life ive been hanging out with some of yall dummies

I turn 50 this month. The first game I remember watching was the 41-38 Chargers Dolphins playoff game in 1981. I was hooked for life.
47 and this is also my first memory. I am sure I watched many before but I remember going out of the room because I couldn’t watch Benirschke or Von Schamann attempt their FGs.

Grew up mostly watching Dan sling it all over and always thought we could win every game. Boy do I miss those days.

Joined here 10 years ago after posting on the old Dolphins Digest board. Best place to get Phins news anywhere. :UP:

Back
Top Bottom