What is your greatest draft day fear? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your greatest draft day fear?

Any trade up from 5 scenario to draft Tua and then watch him rarely see the field due to lingering issues with the hip when you knew it was a risk. Just take Simmons or Brown if they are there at 5.

Overpaying for a QB who does not turn out to be worth it.

We won't know if that happens for a few years though.

I will admit that a huge fear of mine is not making the trenches a priority in free agency and the draft.

I think they spend big on two prime O-linemen in free agency. Two more have to come from draft. Not sure they can snag a DE in free agency with all the tagging that's going to happen.

None.

I gave up a long time ago that Miami is going to draft players I want.

As far back as JJ staying put at pick 19, if I recall correctly, and taking Moss. Hell, Miami wouldn't need a QB as Wilson would be occupying that position.

I do find it comical some fans fear Miami take a chance on drafting an elite QB in Tua apparently preferring the status quo of rotating below average QBs that has worked so well for Miami since Marino retired.

Any trade up from 5 scenario to draft Tua and then watch him rarely see the field due to lingering issues with the hip when you knew it was a risk. Just take Simmons or Brown if they are there at 5.

And if he goes on to have a great career with another franchise because you were to chicken SH%$?

And if he goes on to have a great career with another franchise because you were to chicken SH%$?

Agreed. The risk is always there but that's why you have to trust your convictions. And if they're wrong? So what, draft another when we pick top 5 next year. lol. You have to keep trying till you get your guy.

Agreed. The risk is always there but that's why you have to trust your convictions. And if they're wrong? So what, draft another when we pick top 5 next year. lol. You have to keep trying till you get your guy.

Wouldn't you rather be wrong taking a chance on a QB of this type than being wrong because you didn't take him?

Which hurts and sets your franchise back more?

1) The QB you didn't take that ends up being good?
2) The QB you did take that wasn't good?

Back
Top Bottom