What is your greatest draft day fear? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your greatest draft day fear?

We trade up to 3, days before the draft...Chargers trade up to 2 for Tua, day of

It would be kinda silly to make any trades before the draft.
You certainly should have criterias in place etc before the draft.
But you don't pull that trigger until you know what the Bengals do with #1, What offers are being thrown at #2,#3, and #4.
There's a chance that you could stay @5 and still get your guy.

Actually according to an articulate I read recently, Miami is in the upper tier of drafting since 2016. More of their draft picks are still in the NFL than most teams. Our problem has been not being able to use those draft picks and they seen to develop somewhere else. Last year was the first time I've seen a coaching staff for Miami actually bring undeveloped players along and made them viable by the end of the season. The one area we just didn't have any talent at was OL. 2 coaches from last year are gone because Flo didn't think they were getting the job done teaching wise. They were what they were. My biggest fear based on last year is giving up too much capital to get one guy. I just don't know if Tua is that special. I think he's good, but great is another story. No one on this board can actually say they saw Mahomes coming on like he did. I don't remember anyone on this board screaming for him. I think any of the top 5 QB's can be great once placed in the right situation from this draft class. So get the OL fix and get DL and DB's from this draft. If we can find a LB and edge rusher, get one too. All the latter depends on what we do in FA'cy.

2.99!? I just refinanced and we are looking at 3.5 (was at 3.75). I’d take 2.9 any day.
Yeah heard it on the news yesterday that they’re at an all time low right now because of the Coronavirus. So I figured I’d try and see what it was. Used lending tree to see what the rate was for the day.

Tua drops to 5 and we don't draft him.

We trade a boatload of picks to draft a guy with major injury questions at 2 and will lack the draft ammo needed to provide him protection, a running game, and defensive help, without which he is going to be a disaster.

We trade a boatload of picks to draft a guy with major injury questions at 2 and will lack the draft ammo needed to provide him protection, a running game, and defensive help, without which he is going to be a disaster.
What an unfounded fear. Miami can trade a boatload of picks to move up and they would still have a "boatload" of picks and a crap load of cap money to build the rest of the team.

The power goes out at 7:59 on draft night the same time the wifi crashes and the draft starts and I have no way to follow what is going on. Then the power comes back on at pick 6.
I have the eerie feeling that this draft is going to go as none of us expect. I see all these mock drafts having us pick perfectly at our spots with talented guys who would fill our voids and I think, man that would be OK with me.
But I have the feeling we are going to bounce all around and a lot of our picks are going to be system fits that we didn't necessarily see coming. I am not saying I think they are going to blow it, or that I think we will be angry or disappointed, I just think it's going to be an "outside the box" type of draft.

Honestly, i just hope we dont go RB in round 1 but I have no real fears. Whoever we draft in the 1st 2 rounds will be an upgrade at any position no matter who it is.....mi guess my biggest dear than is our current roster lol

Spending our first round draft picks to move up for Tua...

Mine is that we trade up for a guy who might never even be healthy enough to play a regular season NFL down. We would lose the ability, because of the trade up, to make up for losing Tunsil and wind up with another season of terrible offensive line play, still completely unable to pressure the other team's QB, or cover RBs out of the backfield.

On a side note; do you think "if he's good enough to take at #5, he's good enough to lose our #18 and second round pick to secure." ?
Agree. Reaching for Tua is a mistake. Don’t think they do it for a player who won’t even play next year. If he drops to us that’s a different story. I prefer Simmons or Okudah-two instant starters and playmakers

Honestly, i just hope we dont go RB in round 1 but I have no real fears. Whoever we draft in the 1st 2 rounds will be an upgrade at any position no matter who it is.....mi guess my biggest dear than is our current roster lol
Chan Gailey believes in a strong running game- we will draft a RB high or sign a big time RB. You can bet on it

Agree. Reaching for Tua is a mistake. Don’t think they do it for a player who won’t even play next year. If he drops to us that’s a different story. I prefer Simmons or Okudah-two instant starters and playmakers
Who has ever said that Tua won't play this year? Even if Tua doesn't play this year, why would it be a mistake if he turns out to be a franchise QB?

Back
Top Bottom