What is your greatest draft day fear? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your greatest draft day fear?

Tua is my guy. I don't care what it takes to get him. My biggest fear is that we take any other QB at 5. Either give me Tua at 5, or give me Simmons/Okudah/Becton at 5 and Love/Herbert at 18.

Tua is my guy. I don't care what it takes to get him. My biggest fear is that we take any other QB at 5. Either give me Tua at 5, or give me Simmons/Okudah/Becton at 5 and Love/Herbert at 18.
Methinks you significantly underrate Justin Herbert. If Tua is gone at #5 (and I hope he's not), I'm completely open to taking Herbert. We need to develop our QB for the future. We roll with Fitz in 2020 as our starter, but Herbert has a big arm and high ceiling.

Watching Grier trade picks like he's in a Gun Fight at the OK Corral, only to come away with Some obscure dude no ones ever heard of?

I enjoy sanity. I admit, I was expecting "Either give me Tua at 5, or I'm done with the Dolphins."
I agree. There are scenarios I would prefer, but none that will change my life.
[/QUOTE]

My biggest fear is they play it safe. Miami has played it safe for 20 years since Dan Marino hung them up when it comes to the QB position and look where it has gotten them. Time to swing for the fences and dare to be great. I understand completely the injury history and risk with Tua, and it wasn't until after this last injury that I became a fan. I was always concerned about his size and injury and I still am, but when he's on the field there isn't a better QB in college football. If he can stay healthy and he is the next Drew Brees or Robert Wilson then hell yeah, if he gets hurt and he never pans out then so what, we took a chance, swung and missed. Missing on a first round QB doesn't kill a franchise anymore. As Ron Wolf said, draft a QB every year until you have one then draft one every other years...

What an unfounded fear. Miami can trade a boatload of picks to move up and they would still have a "boatload" of picks and a crap load of cap money to build the rest of the team.

I love how Dolphin fans always want to act like the sky hasn't fallen when this team hasn't been consistently good since 2003. This team has almost no talent and can't blow 3 first round picks and still restock this roster. They have no starting caliber offensive linemen. They have no running back. Its pretty bad.

and we get Chase Young and possibly Jordan Love? Or trade back to a team that wants Young and come out with more picks in 2021? That scenario does not worry me at all.

That's exactly what I am hoping happens...

Chase Young is the guy I'd like to see them draft with that 1st pick, NOT a QB.

They already have 2 more than adequate QB's under contract.

Draft a QB in the bottom of the 1st or on day 2.

My biggest fear is that the draft capital amassed will be drizzled away by moving up unnecessarily.......and losing the chance to restock our roster with true blue chip talent.

I’m changing my biggest fear to trading the farm for burrow. There is something about this guy that rubs me the wrong way. He’s very Ryan Leafish to me.

That we pass on Tua if available

And this. yes at 5, but whilst hopeful that he is cleared from the hip injury, if he had a full final season at Bama, injury free, then yes I would trade up to get him.

But you cannot discount the injury. And if team x is going to give up the world for him, then a bidding war isn't what Miami need.

I love how Dolphin fans always want to act like the sky hasn't fallen when this team hasn't been consistently good since 2003. This team has almost no talent and can't blow 3 first round picks and still restock this roster. They have no starting caliber offensive linemen. They have no running back. Its pretty bad.
They have no freaking QB and haven't for 20 years. That's why they haven't been consistently good. If Grier needs three first round picks to fix the offensive line and running back position then this franchise is in more trouble than I've could have ever imagined. Running back? Lol. San Francisco just rode an undrafted free agent running back that was cut by six different teams all the way to the Super Bowl. Running back is the easiest position on the whole roster to find production from.

Stop acting like all of the personnel issues need to be fixed in the first round of this year's draft. If Miami were to draft Tua this season and he turns into the type QB that many believe he can be, Miami's draft will have been a success if they actually did not get a single contribution from any other player they draft this year. Of course, not getting any kind of contribution from any other players selected or signed after the draft is ludicrous, but my point would still hold. If Tua turns into a franchise QB, regardless of what happens the rest of the draft, it would have to be considered a success. If you asked the Chiefs organization how they would evaluate their draft from three years ago if it only yielded Patrick Mahomes they would tell you it was an A+.

That's exactly what I am hoping happens...

Chase Young is the guy I'd like to see them draft with that 1st pick, NOT a QB.

They already have 2 more than adequate QB's under contract.

Draft a QB in the bottom of the 1st or on day 2.
They already have two, more than adequate QBs? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom