What is your pre-game ritual? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your pre-game ritual?

BiggDolphin

Starter
Reaction score
This is just a thought that came to me last night. Every opening game of the year for the dolphins I have what you may call a ritual. It came to me that last year I didn't do it. Now I know fan can't cause a team to lose or win, but I didn't do it, every other year I did. So this year I will be doing my ritual.

I wear my jersey, this year is Jason Taylor, I get my box of cheese nips (baked crackers for those that are saying "what are those"), I make a big pitcher of Tropical Punch Kool Aid (yes I'm black) :lol:. I kick my wife and daughter out of the house or send them to other room. I say quick little prayer and lay back in my lazy boy( that usually doesn't last).

I know it may sound dum or wierd, but that's what I will be doing on Sunday at 12:00 pm central time. Just curious if any of my fellow fans have a special routine they do for the first game of the season.

Please refrain from the wise cracks, this thread is a fun laid back kind of thread, not the serious, bashing of the FO, Wanny or Feidler thread, sorry.

thats cool dude cuz my player of choice this year is the white jason taylor home jersey. im pumped and ready and the first thing i will do sunday morning when i awake is shower and don the ol 99 jersey and talk s$$t to everybody around. and i also tend to let out a few rick flair WHHHHOOOOOOSSSS!!!!!!

Pre-game ritual

If I'm watching the game at home (which is good since all three times I've seen the 'Fins live they've gotten spanked!) I put on my Zack Thomas jersey, pour a big ole glass of ice tea (yes I'm white, well at least I think I am), and I pretty much stand in front of the big screen most of the game, I have a difficult time sitting and staying still except during the commercials.

go to church, then to the supermarket, five guys come over to watch the game at my house on the dish with HDTV on 60 inch, i select a lucky shirt depending on the game

wake up, turn on the tv and find the appropriate channel for the fins game

i take a shower i don't like watching the pregame show i put on my fins baseball style shirt i have had for ten yrs and by fins hat and i know my blood preasure goes up and watch the game with my family i know my neighbors hate us during this time we are very loud

up late saturday night to avoid up early sunday morning and having to sit through hours before kickoff that feel like days. so im up at 1130, at "razzle's" (clearwater, fl)by 12 with dolphins hat on and a bite to eat before i watch all the nfl games at 1 and 4. focusing of course on the dolphins game.

I try and sleep in as late as I possible can so that way I dont have to anticipate the game all mourning. Which usually gets me up around 9:00 or so. Then I get up and shower, play ps2 football kinda like the guy above, I play the team we are playing I play a real game and I simulate a game. Then I throw on the Orange Seau jersey and head down into the game room so that I can watch my game in piece. The probably most stupid thing I do is jump up and down right before the kickoff (kinda like they do in the huddle before the game). Helps me get some of the tension out. Then jump all around the freaking room watching the game and yelling at the TV.

My Jersey of choice this year was David Boston, but after he got hurt, I went out and got 2 new jersey's on top of Boston's. I have my game day jersey, White Chambers, that will not be put on until I arrive at the Stadium. I have my Pat Surtain Orange Jersey for the Saturday before and Monday after. I will probably not be able to sleep Saturday night. I will go to the game, and I will get the feeling, "football is back"

I live in Pittsburgh now (I'm from Boynton Beach) I watch my games in my cellar and always try to find things to cook in the crock pot, pulled pork, ham barbecue, sloppy joes. I love the smell of food cooking while I listen to wqam in the morning on the PC. Only problem is...most of the time I watch the games by myself. I'm like that guy in the commercial...u know the one where the dolphin fan is amongst jets fans and was the only one to cheer... but instead I have Steeler fans here. One thing that is really cool is that I ran into Jason Taylors mom twice, once at Wal-mart and at a exibit farm JT's rookie season. She has a license plate that say's 99's mom on a big suv so she isn't hard to spot.

Got to Got to play the game on NFL2Kx before the actual game on the hardest level. Usually if I win the fins win...i would say almost 90% correlation.

"Please refrain from the wise cracks, this thread is a fun laid back kind of thread, not the serious, bashing of the FO, Wanny or Feidler thread, sorry."

great thread! i have enjoyed reading every post in this thread to this point... this board has gotten waaaaay to angst filled the last few days. if we cannot draw any joy from rooting for our favorite team during the impending season, what's the point in being a fan? there has been lots of drama, thats not to be understated, but hey football season is here baby, thats reason enough to celebrate!!! after readin all the other stuff posted here, i am almost ashamed to say i dont really have a ritual, beyond playing with my 2 daughters in the morning, putting on my favorite Fins hat and hunkering down to watch the Fins on sunday ticket. raiding the fridge frequently, talking to my buddy and fantasy league commish frequently since i have the sunday ticket. he will usually call me about 5 times during the day from whatever softball tournie he is playing in.

Back
Top Bottom