What is your pre-game ritual? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your pre-game ritual?

I get up around 9. Help the wife clean the house up some (so later she will let me watch in peace while she watches Lifetime), Fix some food/snacks, throw on the Dolphin gear of the week, send the kids outside to play(weather permitting) and hit the coach!

Routine

Up At 7...clean My Lair Where I Watch Game,go To Church,throw Football With My Son.put On 99 Orange Jersey,listen To Power And The Glory,set Up Fins Helmet Chip Bowl,get My Spit Cup And Dip And Watch Only Last 30 Minutes Of Cbs Pregame.lets Go ,knots In My Stomach.. If I Could I'd Run Under That Kickoff And Kill Somebody!!!!!!!!!!!!!here We Go Again.

West coast guy, so game starts at 10am. Get up, take shower and go get breakfast. Put the Dolphin flag on the Tahoe, head to Mickey D's. Get a big breakfast and an egg mcmuffin with a large coffee. Get home and munch. Put on the JT jersey. Watch the first half. If things are going good, head over to the liquor store and get a 12 of newcastle and pound it with a buddy or two. Like another guy said, the amount I drink depends on the outcome.

Long time coming

Only posted here once then had family issues, then computer issues etc. glad to be back though (although not neccesarily enthused the "connection" implied in my name is still the existing one) but anyway, in regards to this thread, does anyone else have the little stuffed referee with the velcro limbs.....so the moment that a bad call is made, an arm goes, or maybe both, and if it's a game changing call........it get's worse! It was a gag gift but I thought it was worth mentioning............ :roflmao:

I wake up and get out of bed, from the moment my feet hit the floor, the adrenaline starts pumping...It's Game Day!!!!! I pound my chest and get my mind right. Take a brisk shower and put on my jersey of the day. Watch the pregame shows both Sunday Countdown and the CBS Pregame show. Too excited for food I don't eat anything until halftime ( I never could eat before my highschool games either when I used to play). The hour draws near, the sounds of metal blasting from my stereo speakers, I start getting evil, talking to my boys through the T.V. Screen. Making sure everyone's on top of their assignments, making sure everyone is ready to go to war. Zach and Jason are ready, Sam and Pat give the ok, Chambers hasn't dropped a ball all week. It's almost go time. The guitars blaze and the drums get louder, I'm only thinking of one thing, making the other team pay for scheduling the Phins on this day!!!! Jumping in excitement and anticipation, the team runs out on the field and it's like I'm there with them suited up. I pace in front of the T.V. like I'm on the sidelines for 3 and a half hours, yelling with pride and joy for every good play, and cussing and yelling words of encouragement to the players after every bad. Dolphins football is my church, and every Sunday is a religious experience. Everything becomes right in the world when I hear two simple words...........ALRIIIGHT MIAMI!!!!!!!!!

I don't really have a ritual, but I usually remove all sharp objects that may be present and tempting by the third quarter. I also try to clear the floor below my feet for those impromptu stomps that occur when Fiedler throws an interception or the entire secondary misses a tackle because they were going for the big play instead of doign their job. It's great that football season is here again.

I have a football... an old, really old football... I've had it since the 40's...

It's been there forever for me. That's really my only "ritual" - get the ball, and let's watch some football... That's pretty much it. Though, I try to get it out of the way in the 4th - me throwing things around and stuff...

I get up around 7, double check the food list that I need, (Each game is different). I make sure that all my tv's are okay, (I've got 5), make sure that the VCR, now this year DVD is going to be fine. Pick out the 5 games, Play "Crazy Train". I'am good to go around 9-9:30 and then it's time for the pre-game shows. I've got a tv set up for CBS,FOX, and the ESPN shows. My dogs go and hide around 10:30 and come 11 MT it's kick-a$$ I mean kick-off.

Well it depends on gametime.
Since I am in California(except for the games I am at), the early game is at 10:00 AM for me. So for an early game I try to wake up at 7:00 AM and turn on ESPN for the sports reporters and usually sit on the toiliet when they are on(while waiting for Mike Lupica to say something really stupid). I then turn on the computer by 7:30 to check on my many fantasy teams and review my picks. I have the tube on ESPN, especially paying attention to the picks of Hammer Goldberg. Usually while I'm on-line a Jet fan messages me talking about whatever female reporter is on the air at FOX News at that time, and how he has the hots for that reporter.
I turn it ESPN for Countdown at 8:00. Often I will try to eat breakfast, while hoping for a live shot of our game to try to confirm what uniform we will wear. I often get in the shower at 8:30. I turn on the FOX pregame show, and goad my mom into watching it(she can't stand Terry Bradshaw :goof: ).
Once the comedian makes the picks on the FOX show I flip around between the 3 shows hoping to get a uniform confirmation. Around 9:40 I put on the game socks(I do own some both the all aqua tops ones and a mid-90's white model), then I put on the game pants(that I won off E-Bay, the aqua ones fit better), then my shoes with the orange stripes on them. At 9:59 AM I put on my #52 game jersey, then after tucking it in I put on my hardhat helmet and slap it on both sides.
During the game I keep the computer flipping from a running box score, and updated fantasy team scores. I pace around during the game. I also do not like to eat during the game. After a win I go to the front porch and hang a Dolphin flag on the rack on the porch.

I usually wake up at 6 for fear i am going to over sleep the game...:shakeno:

West Coaster here... Every saturday night is like christmas for me.... :D

PHINATIC13 said:
I get up shower go to sports bar have breakfast (west coast 1:00 is 10:00am here) wait til about 2nd Qtr.to drink beer order lunch end of 3rd Qtr. I love sundays:D Oh BTW is it cool or not to wear my old comfortable MARINO 13 jersey or should I buy a current Dolphin.?
The number 13 is retired by the Dolphins. We have a rule at our Dolphin club in Atlanta no one is allowed to wear retired Jersey numbers although there are only 3. (12,13,39) This year, no ones allowed to wear a Ricky Jersey. Part of the catch is we do give out 1 or 2 Jerseys every weak as a raffle prize so most have don't have to worry, they eventually win one.

LtDan662002 said:
I get up around 9. Help the wife clean the house up some (so later she will let me watch in peace while she watches Lifetime), Fix some food/snacks, throw on the Dolphin gear of the week, send the kids outside to play(weather permitting) and hit the coach!
I'm with you, I'd like to give him a good smack too!

Great thread!

The Phunwin Ritual:
* wake up and get pissed at myself for missing Mass again this week.

* work out at the fitness center in my apartment complex. I'm going to be chowing on heart-attack food all day, so I might as well get in some exercise beforehand.

* shower and have a bowl of cereal

* quality time with the wife. If I'm going to watch football, she needs to be placated. And if she's going to be my designated driver, I probably need to make her breakfast.

* put on the jersey. Last year, it was #34, which has since been donated to the local Salvation Army. This year, it's a Marino throwback I bought on ebay (sorry AtlantaPhin).

* head to The Distillery, the United Nations of football bars. Virtually every team is present, and pretty much everyone gets along. I'm usually there good and early, since it's "pick your own table" on Sundays, so I make sure the Dolphins game is readily viewable. I've got a group of friends that watch a bunch of different teams, so finding the right table, where everyone can see their game, isn't always easy. Since I'm usually the guy grabbing the table, the Phins obviously get priority.

* order the wing and beer special. 1 lb wings and a pitcher of Labatt Blue for $10. Best deal in town.

* more beer.

* around halftime, a burger follows.

* more beer.

* if I have a DD, more beer. If not, I switch to soda around mid-third quarter.

If the Dolphins are on local TV (I live in Western NY, and it happens more than you'd think), I'll usually stay home with a 12-pack and some pizza.

My pregame ritual consists of the following(the chances i get to watch the phins, which isn't often over here in eurotrash land):

Put on my authentic Marino jersey.

Get my friends together

Get loads of alcohol and junkfood

Cheer, watch the phins, eat junkfood and get severely ****faced.

Back
Top Bottom