What is your pre-game ritual? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your pre-game ritual?

I get up shower go to sports bar have breakfast (west coast 1:00 is 10:00am here) wait til about 2nd Qtr.to drink beer order lunch end of 3rd Qtr. I love sundays:D Oh BTW is it cool or not to wear my old comfortable MARINO 13 jersey or should I buy a current Dolphin.?

My brother comes over to the house and we get into game mode. Everybody else clears out of the room.

* Wake up, shower, and pick out that week's Dolphins gear -- usually the white #54 but occasionally the aqua #13 whenever the need for passing karma is especially strong, topped off by the most comfortable Dolphin hat that I haven't worn for a loss yet that season

* Double-check the lineups and injury status for my fantasy football teams and fill out the scoresheet template on the laptop

* Late breakfast at the neighborhood Taco Cabana -- eggs Mexicana combo, bean & cheese taco, and a diet Coke

* Surf between the pre-game shows for late-breaking news from the stadiums

* Take my laptop downstairs and fire it up in front of the 27" TV

* Fire up the VCR to send a tape to my dad in Kansas

* Down exactly two beers while cheering on the Dolphins and surfing live stats on the other games via the wireless connection between plays

* "Celebrate" game-killing Fiedler turnover or defensive breakdown by spiking my remote control and breaking it into every piece

* Spend second half of doubleheader searching A/V stores in north Austin for a remote control that will operate all the s--t that is hooked into the downstairs TV

Isn't football season the greatest? :ally:

1. Wake up
2. Shower
3. Brush teeth
4. Flip over to CBS
5. Curse at CBS-Orlando for showing the Jags instead
6. Drive to sports bar
7. Mock Cowboys fans
8. Sit back and enjoy the game

I Sleep in my Madison or Thomas Jersey the night before. I get up turn on the tv, then head to the internet to see if anything is happening. Once I find out...I start getting the chips, food , drinks ready...Then I sit...holler...bounce around...rant ..anything possible to chear my team on. People say Im obsessed... :confused:

I wake up and shower.
Next...
Drive to Tim Horton's to get a coffee and to the corner store to make my proline picks (proline is government sponsered sports wagering).
Next....
Set up my fantasy lineup on the computer while the Dolphins fight song plays in the background.
Next....
Watch the pregame show and wait for my brother to arrive.
Just before kick-off we get into game mode :redeye: and get ready for some football!

People say Im obsessed... :confused:[/QUOTE]

You know I get the same thing. I tell them I'm not obsessed. Im insane there is a difference :goof:

I stumble around the living room while cursing my luck under a drunken slur because I can't find the remote to turn on the game. Then I finally turn it on to see a Chiefs-Chargers game or a Lions-Bengals affair and i become violently angry. I then run to the computer and scramble to log onto the internet to listen to the game on the web and cursing yet again at my luck of having to pay to listen to the radio. :roflmao:

No, I usually just flip channels until game time, then I pretty much lock myself away from human contact for three hours until it is over. The outcome of the game depends on how much I drink afterwards. :goof:

BiggDolphin said:
I wear my jersey, this year is Jason Taylor, I get my box of cheese nips (baked crackers for those that are saying "what are those"), I make a big pitcher of Tropical Punch Kool Aid (yes I'm black) :lol:.......
Hey, I like Tropical Punch Koolaid too, and Im white. :) Don't drink it on gameday though.....unless its spiked with some everclear.

I put out my Phins couch pillows, my Phins blanket over the back of the couch, fill the Phins helmet chip bowl with chips and dip, call in an order for pizza and wait for the gang to show up.

Im sure some people have their Fiedler voodoo dolls which they stab with needles a few times before game.

PHINATIC13 said:
I get up shower go to sports bar have breakfast (west coast 1:00 is 10:00am here) wait til about 2nd Qtr.to drink beer order lunch end of 3rd Qtr. I love sundays:D Oh BTW is it cool or not to wear my old comfortable MARINO 13 jersey or should I buy a current Dolphin.?
It is ALWAYS cool to wear a Marino Jersey. You could be invited for a dinner at the white house, or have an audience with the Pope, or be at a formal wedding...and it would still be cool to wear #13:lol:

Wake up Hit tim hortens for a coffee and bagel, Put on one of my jerseys and hang the rest up on my wall. I will probually wear seau this sunday, but i just ordered fiedler should be here in a few weeks. OH Ya i grab my donlphins football, its flat and i have had it for everygame on tv .. Its a good luck charm i love it. Then after the game ill play madden 2005 and kick some ***.

Kicking a Jets fan in the nuts (in my best Cartman voice). :cooldude:

Get up, wash Jim, and the twins, wife makes breakfast, off to the garage with the 27Inch, and Yamaha surround sound blairing, with a fridge full of ice cold Sammy's not too far away! Go Dolphins!

Back
Top Bottom