What is your pre-game ritual? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your pre-game ritual?

get up , get drunk :) then go find out if Sky Sports is showing the Fins game this week , if not then tune in the radio to listen to the game and catch the highlights later in the week

Then get up for work 3 hours after the game is over - life is hard following the NFL in the uk at times :(

I chant Gresie, Marino, Zonka for two hours before the game. Then I ritualisitcly shave my gnome. I dress him in his Zach Thomas jersey and the curtains and bring him to the TV. WOOOOOO he says ( I'm not kidding you he really says it! )
We then go to the bacon grill. Oh my gnome the Dolphins are 10 and 6 he replys................................

Actual exerpts from Darkoaks diary

Wake up early. Watch pre-game shows. Make final adjustments to my fantasy football team.. and then get the food and get ready to watch the game.. never really considered it a ritual but it's what I do everyday..

painnotpleasure said:
Wake up early. Watch pre-game shows. Make final adjustments to my fantasy football team.. and then get the food and get ready to watch the game.. never really considered it a ritual but it's what I do everyday..
Ooops. What about those monster sigs people have

I fall out of bed at 1:20 pm.....crawl to the recliner just in time to catch the opening kick-off.

Then I work on waking up.

Usually I start trash talkin' with the fellas on Wednesday (I'm the only Fin fan in the bunch) :evil:. On Saturday, I get all the necessary materials for Sunday (food, beverages (sodas and alchohol) and etc). I get up Sunday around 7:30ish ET. Adrenaline flowing. Take a quick shower. Go out for a big breakfast. Come back home to prepare the food for the grill (i.e. marinated steak, homemade burgers or some type of sausages) or I order out for pizza and wings (If I don't feel like grilling, but that's a very rare occasion). Then, I put on my jersey of choice, this year it will be my orange JT jersey and my dark blue Surtain jersey(got it special order), looks sweet. Put the pregame shows on tv and check my fantasy football roster for any news that may reflect my roster. By that time, a few of the fellas should be showing up, put the snacks out on the table. The trash talkin' begins again. GAME TIME!!!!! :drinkers: :cpatch: :hump:

I used to put on my autographed Marino helmet and watch the game so when my mom smacked me in the head for cussing it didnt hurt.

Shamboubou said:
I used to put on my autographed Marino helmet and watch the game so when my mom smacked me in the head for cussing it didnt hurt.

:lol:

My parents got me a foam brick with a Dolphins logo on it, so I could throw it at the TV when things went badly. Looks just like a real brick too, so the first time I threw it at the TV when someone came over, they nearly had a heart attack.

i wake up early play catch with my son go out with the wife and since i live in jersey and cant stomach watching the jets unless there getting there @sses handed to them, i just grab a six pack and sit in front of the computer and watch the update score and who has the ball and where, on the internet its pretty sad but its the only way i can enjoy every dolphin game thats not televised up here. diret tv is a bust cant have it in my building.

OPENING DAY is like CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!!!

Get up shower

Usually I sleep in one of my many jerseys

Stretch

Run down the hall a few times to get good and loose

I use to have a set # of Fin shirts I would where under my jerseys...I usually go with the Teal Madison jersey on game day. It is the most beaten up.

ESPN @ 11

12 Go gather with the bros and get hammered at the bar. $2 beers WOOOOOOOO

When I smoked regularly I would smoke a butt every time da fish were on defense.

After every TD go check the Saints score and laugh at my cousin and his buddy until my life is threatened and the I go back to my bar stool.

Order the "special" at halftime get it by the start of the 3rd quarter drink some more beers.

After the game usually go and play hockey ( we use to have every hockey game scheduled for sundays play drunk a couple times):evil: and make fun of all the JET fans because they suck.

LETS GO FINS.

I get my jersey, #54, fly my Dolphin flag outside of my front door, put out my Dolphin welcome mat, flip off my neighbor(he's a huge jills fan), tell my wife to hit the trail, then get on my recliner (not reclined). I'm then ready for some football.

Actually, before all of that, my neighbor and I have a tailgate party in front of his house(deep fryer w/wings, grill, beers). After I eat, I flip him the bird!

Every gameday, first thing in the morning my wife, kids and I put up our Fins flag and sing the fight song !!

The night before the game I sleep in a seperate room from my wife to get used to sleeping there after all the cussing and bitchin I do during the game...Game day I make a few good Italian dishes and invite over a few guys (also finfans) and turn up the volume loud enough so the neighborhood can't here us cheering on our team (or screaming vulgar language at them if they are playing like Wannybees)

All about the Zach Thomas jersey going over the Dolphins t-shirt first thing in the AM.

Then I pick either my aqua or black Dolphins hat - depending on which has provided more recent luck, of course.

As kickoff approaches a open a split of champagne (every game is a celebration, right?) and get some grub out.

JUST before kickoff I blast my Dolphins pregame CD with all sorts of get-ya-pumped music that they nevr seemed to play at the stadium in my season ticket days.

I punch the air, let some "whoop"s out and maybe, eventually, take a seat.

And after every Dolphins score, I play the fight song on that pregame CD and jump around.

Unless the game isn't on local TV (i'm in Atlanta now) and I gotta shell out $20 for a day at the bar with my buddies. Much rather stay at home and zone out.

Back
Top Bottom