What is your pre-game ritual? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your pre-game ritual?

Waking up, getting some coffee. Church at 7:15, (games start at 11am) get home, set the lineup for fantasy. Make a big breakfast, watch a little of the pregame shows. Head over to a sports bar, meet up with around 20 Minnesota fans (Yes, they are here in Denver too) watch all the games and talk fantasy smack.

Get up get coffee watch the wanny show, I have to clean the kitchen or else the phins won't do to good!?!? :rolleyes:

My wife wears her Jason Taylor jersey and I wear my MARINO! Step father comes over wearing his marino jersey brings shrimp and beer. AH the Breakfast of Champions. And watch the phins. CAN'T wait till SUNDAY!!:D

I take a shower with my dolphins towel, put on my 99 taylor jersey, dolphins hat, and have my dolphins football in my hands, I sit my a$$ down in front of the T.V. and don't move. Oh by the way, starting Friday before every game noone can touch any Dolphins material I have until after the week-end in fear that we might get jinxed. That is my ritual, talk about dedicated.

Cool thread.

In the UK the games don't start 'til 18:00 so it's a looooong day that all feels as though you at that bit of the "Montu" rollercoaster in Bush Gardens where it jerks of the lifting chain and the fall is imminent.

Always watch the games on sky (Dolphins are on a few times a year but progress is reported by text or verbally throughout). Family all togged in Phins gear, including 2 year old and 2 month old boys, missus in JT99 shirt. Friends who like football, beer from a fins glass. Whichever replica game shirt takes my fancy. Dolphins logo ball in hand.

o' course if I was in Florida I'd be washed/dressed and into Hooters as soon as it's open and if near enough to be season ticket holder onto the game.

:drinkers:

move

aristides said:
i wake up early play catch with my son go out with the wife and since i live in jersey and cant stomach watching the jets unless there getting there @sses handed to them, i just grab a six pack and sit in front of the computer and watch the update score and who has the ball and where, on the internet its pretty sad but its the only way i can enjoy every dolphin game thats not televised up here. diret tv is a bust cant have it in my building.
:goof:

Wake up, shower and eat breakfast, go to church, go grocery shopping if necessary, come home and flip through the pregame shows, maybe order pizza. I've learned that the Dolphins lose almost every time I wear a jersey during a game, so I probably won't be doing much of that anymore. They do pretty well when I wear my Dolphins t-shirt, so I usually stick to that. If the game is on TV here (about half the time) I'll watch.....otherwise I'll have whatever game(s) are on showing while I watch internet updates for the Dolphins. Of course I'm pumped for this Sunday, but even moreso for the next week because they're on Sunday night, and they've got a really good Sunday night record over the past few years.....

C-Money84 said:
I wake up and get out of bed, from the moment my feet hit the floor, the adrenaline starts pumping...It's Game Day!!!!! I pound my chest and get my mind right. Take a brisk shower and put on my jersey of the day. Watch the pregame shows both Sunday Countdown and the CBS Pregame show. Too excited for food I don't eat anything until halftime ( I never could eat before my highschool games either when I used to play). The hour draws near, the sounds of metal blasting from my stereo speakers, I start getting evil, talking to my boys through the T.V. Screen. Making sure everyone's on top of their assignments, making sure everyone is ready to go to war. Zach and Jason are ready, Sam and Pat give the ok, Chambers hasn't dropped a ball all week. It's almost go time. The guitars blaze and the drums get louder, I'm only thinking of one thing, making the other team pay for scheduling the Phins on this day!!!! Jumping in excitement and anticipation, the team runs out on the field and it's like I'm there with them suited up. I pace in front of the T.V. like I'm on the sidelines for 3 and a half hours, yelling with pride and joy for every good play, and cussing and yelling words of encouragement to the players after every bad. Dolphins football is my church, and every Sunday is a religious experience. Everything becomes right in the world when I hear two simple words...........ALRIIIGHT MIAMI!!!!!!!!!
Hell of a first post dude! You're gettin me even more psyched about the season:cooldude:

LtDan662002 said:
I get up around 9. Help the wife clean the house up some (so later she will let me watch in peace while she watches Lifetime), Fix some food/snacks, throw on the Dolphin gear of the week, send the kids outside to play(weather permitting) and hit the coach!
I think we'd all like to do that to Wansteadt at times.

BiggDolphin said:
People say Im obsessed... :confused:

You know I get the same thing. I tell them I'm not obsessed. Im insane there is a difference :goof:[/QUOTE]

hahaha . Very true very true!! :D

Back
Top Bottom