What Players from this Draft End up Being Elite? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Players from this Draft End up Being Elite?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I always like to ask this question, especially since there is so much talent on this board. Lots of great information on college prospects. As we know, every year there are surprises. Every year we talk about scheme fits (JJ Watt as an example, ugh). Every year need is factored in.

Miami enters this draft with very few strengths on the roster. It's no surprise this is considered a total rebuild. In that sense, BPA could mean more to the Dolphins than it ever has. In the past, I've felt this team was too geared into needs and the draft showed that.

Anyway, let's hear it from the board. Who are the 5-10 players with the best chance from this draft to be elite? Are there any mid-round sleepers that you think could fit this category? Have away.

Tua
Joe Burrow
Ceedee Lamb
Laviska Shenault
Jerry Jeudy
Gabriel Davis
Lynn Bowden
Xavier McKinney
Brandon Jones
Kary Vincent
Jeff Okudah
Isaiah Simmons
Jon Greenard
Derrick Brown
Great list. Simmons seems like such a perfect fit for Flores. But, I have to believe Miami goes quarterback at #5.

A Safety, when Eric Rowe looked pretty good at Safety this year? Or is one an SS, and one an FS.

Tua
Joe Burrow
Ceedee Lamb
Laviska Shenault
Jerry Jeudy
Gabriel Davis
Lynn Bowden
Xavier McKinney
Brandon Jones
Kary Vincent
Jeff Okudah
Isaiah Simmons
Jon Greenard
Derrick Brown
Seemingly devoid of OL. A huge need for Miami. Maybe I missed earlier posts.

Tua
Joe Burrow
Ceedee Lamb
Laviska Shenault
Jerry Jeudy
Gabriel Davis
Lynn Bowden
Xavier McKinney
Brandon Jones
Kary Vincent
Jeff Okudah
Isaiah Simmons
Jon Greenard
Derrick Brown

I'm no expert, but I endorse 80% of this list. Only a few names I'm skeptical about. But, again, I'm no expert.

But even draft experts are wrong quite a lot. Because the biggest obstacle for most any player's success in the NFL, aside from good health, is ending up with the right franchise in the right system with the right coaches.

Some of these guys are bound to end up in the wrong sitiation for them and it'll hurt their chances to become elite.

OQ:

If history is any indication... about half of them in no discernable order.

I want Lamb, Higgins and Najee in the first round.
Lamb is a bigger, faster version of Landry.
Higgins so natural, wide catch radius, soft hands, catches away from body, doesn't leave ground unless he has to, long, tall, but quick feet. It's like Randy Moss.
Najee, just watch Najee against Auburn and Deandre Swift against Auburn. Talent is not close.
Gotta get these three in the first round.

I want Lamb, Higgins and Najee in the first round.
Lamb is a bigger, faster version of Landry.
Higgins so natural, wide catch radius, soft hands, catches away from body, doesn't leave ground unless he has to, long, tall, but quick feet. It's like Randy Moss.
Najee, just watch Najee against Auburn and Deandre Swift against Auburn. Talent is not close.
Gotta get these three in the first round.

I've seen you post these types of comments before...
You'd really go all in on the so-called 'skill players' and completely ignore our lines? You are not just being facetious?

I've seen you post these types of comments before...
You'd really go all in on the so-called 'skill players' and completely ignore our lines? You are not just being facetious?

Yes, in the first round. It's not worth it to draft linemen in the first round. Phins have 3 picks on day two. I'd spend them all on Oline, but not a single one on day one. Not with Lamb and Higgins and Najee on the board.

Yes, in the first round. It's not worth it to draft linemen in the first round. Phins have 3 picks on day two. I'd spend them all on Oline, but not a single one on day one. Not with Lamb and Higgins and Najee on the board.

I can't say that I agree with you, but you present your opinion with respect... so, we're good!

I’d be okay with Tua and 2 skill position players if we’re positive we have 2 day 2 OL we love.

Obviously, I disagree. In today's NFL, RBs fall into the 2nd, 3rd, even 4th rounds... and we already have a pretty good group of WRs.

Our Lines however?

Eww...

In my mocks, I usually take a RB with 2b or 3, and I don't take any WRs til the 6th or 7th... and only a slot guy then. My take is a complete 180 from yours.

Tua
Joe Burrow
Ceedee Lamb
Laviska Shenault
Jerry Jeudy
Gabriel Davis
Lynn Bowden
Xavier McKinney
Brandon Jones
Kary Vincent
Jeff Okudah
Isaiah Simmons
Jon Greenard
Derrick Brown

I think Gabe Davis, Jonathan Greenard and Xavier McKinney are great shouts here for under the radar elite prospects. I'm not sure who Lynn Bowden, Brandon Jones or Kary Vincent are but the rest of the list contains pretty fantastic looking prospects.

Back
Top Bottom