What Players from this Draft End up Being Elite? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Players from this Draft End up Being Elite?

Not super interested in drafting him, but I do think AJ Epenesa has a solid chance to be elite. Could see him being similar to Cam Jordan.

Higgins is just a natural, so smooth, everything is just easy, yet so dominant. Big catch radius, great hands. The rest of the wideouts work too hard, and look out of control compared to Higgins. He is a beauty.

Bowden has a lot of Steve Smith in him as a player. He's just a dude on the field. I would not be surprised if he ends up going day 2 perhaps in the second round. The guy is just far too skilled, too good with the ball in his hand to not gain momentum.

I'd probably also add Chase Young and Tee Higgins as a couple more kids that have a chance to be elite from this class. Which was really the OP's question - 10 or so players that have a chance to be elite. That's all I got.

There's another handful that have a chance to be pretty good. Somebody mentioned a few centers....

Young has bust written all over him. At least, in the sense that he never lives up to the hype.
'

I always like to ask this question, especially since there is so much talent on this board. Lots of great information on college prospects. As we know, every year there are surprises. Every year we talk about scheme fits (JJ Watt as an example, ugh). Every year need is factored in.

Miami enters this draft with very few strengths on the roster. It's no surprise this is considered a total rebuild. In that sense, BPA could mean more to the Dolphins than it ever has. In the past, I've felt this team was too geared into needs and the draft showed that.

Anyway, let's hear it from the board. Who are the 5-10 players with the best chance from this draft to be elite? Are there any mid-round sleepers that you think could fit this category? Have away.

When you say "best chance"...I'm interpreting that one of the aspects of your question entails the element of risk. To me, "best chance" means you want to know the ones that you can be most CERTAIN about. There are players I like quite a bit that won't be on this list because they're a bit more of a high stakes dice roll.

Tua Tagovailoa
Jeffrey Okudah
Creed Humphrey
Chase Young
Javon Kinlaw
Derrick Brown
Laviska Shenault
Antoine Winfield, Jr.
Zack Baun
Isaiah Simmons

Trust me there are other players I love, ones that could be elite. These are just the ones that I feel like I can be the most certain about, one way or another.

Who are the 2020 draft Sleepers? Players who have ability but need development?

I want Lamb, Higgins and Najee in the first round.
Lamb is a bigger, faster version of Landry.
Higgins so natural, wide catch radius, soft hands, catches away from body, doesn't leave ground unless he has to, long, tall, but quick feet. It's like Randy Moss.
Najee, just watch Najee against Auburn and Deandre Swift against Auburn. Talent is not close.
Gotta get these three in the first round.

Two wide receivers in the first round? Yikes.

I like Najee, but he can probably be had in the third round. Lamb is going to be special.

Who are the 2020 draft Sleepers? Players who have ability but need development?

I'm mostly going off this list of declared juniors:

I look no further at the QB position than Jordan Love. Incredible potential if you can just coach the man. He's willing.

I think CeeDee Lamb will take some development, but could give you massive rewards at the end.

There could be massive rewards down the road if you were to develop Jedrick Wills, Mekhi Becton, or Josh Jones at tackle. Or Netane Muti at guard.

I put Javon Kinlaw on my first list, guys that I'm relatively certain about, but he will take no shortage of development in order to get there. I just think the ceiling is extraordinary with him, and that he's also got a high floor.

Yetur Gross-Matos I think of as being a bit more developmental than some people are thinking, and yet nobody can deny the rewards could be phenomenal if you're able to do that with him.

I think Curtis Weaver could be a developmental project with great rewards at the end if you can just get him to play more consistently with urgency and energy. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen a guy's clock speed up in the NFL. That's what he needs, because his short-area explosiveness, eyes, and natural feel for using leverage are all very good.

Willie Gay is a linebacker that I think has a lot of potential that could be harnessed if you get him to be a part of your program. There's some personal development that needs to happen with him, not just professional.

Cameron Dantzler and Bryce Hall are both guys at corner that if you are able to brush up, could be amazing players down the road.

I haven't got a great grip on which safeties have the most raw potential yet. I've already put Antoine Winfield Jr. in the previous list. People are sleeping on him big time.

EDIT: Forgot to mention DE Alex Highsmith of Charlotte. Duh. High potential. Very underrated.

Last edited:

I look no further at the QB position than Jordan Love. Incredible potential if you can just coach the man. He's willing.

I think CeeDee Lamb will take some development, but could give you massive rewards at the end.

There could be massive rewards down the road if you were to develop Jedrick Wills, Mekhi Becton, or Josh Jones at tackle. Or Netane Muti at guard.

I put Javon Kinlaw on my first list, guys that I'm relatively certain about, but he will take no shortage of development in order to get there. I just think the ceiling is extraordinary with him, and that he's also got a high floor.

Yetur Gross-Matos I think of as being a bit more developmental than some people are thinking, and yet nobody can deny the rewards could be phenomenal if you're able to do that with him.

I think Curtis Weaver could be a developmental project with great rewards at the end if you can just get him to play more consistently with urgency and energy. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen a guy's clock speed up in the NFL. That's what he needs, because his short-area explosiveness, eyes, and natural feel for using leverage are all very good.

Willie Gay is a linebacker that I think has a lot of potential that could be harnessed if you get him to be a part of your program. There's some personal development that needs to happen with him, not just professional.

Cameron Dantzler and Bryce Hall are both guys at corner that if you are able to brush up, could be amazing players down the road.

I haven't got a great grip on which safeties have the most raw potential yet. I've already put Antoine Winfield Jr. in the previous list. People are sleeping on him big time.

EDIT: Forgot to mention DE Alex Highsmith of Charlotte. Duh. High potential. Very underrated.

You think Lamb needs more development than Shenault?

Thanks CK. I appreciate it.

Have seen that. Has to do what's best for him, and I'd respect his decision either way.
J-off, I saw Tony Pauline tweet during the season he was getting the feeling that both Wirfs and Espenesa were seriously considering returning to school.

Unique draft. So many of the best players and elite talents are the guys with the biggest health risks.

Tua, Trey Smith, Antoine Winfield Jr., Netane Muti, Terrell Lewis, Elijah Sindelar, Lucas Niang, etc.

Back
Top Bottom