What players have you guys met ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What players have you guys met ?

My buddies and I used to play Melreese golf course at least once a week. We usually had the first tee time and it seemed like LT and OU Simpson were always in the foursome behind us. OJ always seemed like he was annoyed that anyone was on the course before him so we usually let them play through somewhere on the front nine.

OJ got so used to us letting them play though he would just drive up in his cart when he saw us and tell us what hole they would be playing through on. I never knew if he had a knife or not, so I certainly didn’t argue with him. LT seemed like a good guy but OJ acted like he could do whatever he wanted to do
and no one else mattered.

O. J. was in the foursome in front of us.

Tony talked with him whenever we caught up to them.

6 month later was the white bronco

I played Melreese all the time back then as well (80's and 90's)

I met OJ Simpson at a hotel the Bills were staying at in '73 when they played Miami.

I remember him sitting at a table with a few of his lineman and we asked him for his autograph and he gave one to us and remarked pointing to his lineman that they had white people on their team too. We all knew who he was but didn't know his lineman.

That comment might not go over well today but we laughed at it then.

I got to chat and shake the hand of Don Shula. What an honor.
I also got to meet Dan Marino and get his autograph. I also got to be around Pete Stoyo, Bernie Kosar, Keith Byars, and a bunch of other Dolphin players from that year.

I never met OJ Simpson….But I heard from a friend of mine that had met him multiple times that he was always very cool. He always said that you would have never known that OJ was the type of guy that would kill his wife and a random waiter……Alledgedly.

I never met OJ Simpson….But I heard from a friend of mine that had met him multiple times that he was always very cool. He always said that you would have never known that he was the type of guy that would kill his wife and a random waiter……Alledgedly.
He was cool with us and I admired him. He chatted with us for a while despite our Dolphin attire.

Respect now gone.

Met Don Shula as well as I've mentioned in other posts.

My Wife's Aunt lived in Miami Lakes and we were visiting her and she actually took us to his house to see him. I was so shocked she did that but she knew Dorothy Shula well so she was so casual with it.

Thrill of my life.

Met Don Shula as well as I've mentioned in other posts.

My Wife's Aunt lived in Miami Lakes and we were visiting her and she actually took us to his house to see him. I was so shocked she did that but she knew Dorothy Shula well so she was so casual with it.

Thrill of my life.
I regret that I never met Shula. I idolized him as a kid. The same with Marino….. I hope I get to meet him.

In the 70s, Mike Kolen and Charlie Babb. They spoke at our church.
In the 80s, Dan Marino at the Markham Park gun range.
Bob Kuechenberg at an art show.
Patrick Surtain used to come to the pee wee football field in Pompano and sit in the stands with us.
I met Don Strock at Arrow Creek golfcourse.
A few others too.

I met OJ Simpson at a hotel the Bills were staying at in '73 when they played Miami.

I remember him sitting at a table with a few of his lineman and we asked him for his autograph and he gave one to us and remarked pointing to his lineman that they had white people on their team too. We all knew who he was but didn't know his lineman.

That comment might not go over well today but we laughed at it then.
Wow. I was 2 years old, lol!

Back
Top Bottom