What position will the dolphins take in the 1st round next year? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What position will the dolphins take in the 1st round next year?

Winning is about the team, not the QB.

Jay Fiedler is not even an average QB, yet Miami has won 22 games with him because they have a good team. They haven't won 22 games the last two years because of him. A lot of the wins have been in spite of him.

Wins do not determine if a QB is a great player or not. What the QB does individually is what determines if he is a great player.

The reason Tennessee couldn't be Florida is because Phillip Fulmer is an idiot of a coach. He's a great recruiter, but he can't coach the talent he has. A trained monkey can coach Tennessee to 9-10 wins a year with the talent they have brought in. Tennessee can't beat Florida simply because Steve Spurrier owns Phillip Fulmer. Tennessee couldn't beat Florida when they had Heath Shuler, and they can't beat them now with Casey Clausen.

I disagree. I am not arguing that Manning is not a top 5 QB in the league right now, but I just don't think he is Great. To have the title of great, you have to prove your worth by shouldering the load and willing your team to victory.

Joe Montana wasn't the best statistically, but man could he win. Peyton doesn't have that yet.

By the way, Tennessee beat Florida with Tee Martin at QB, so Fulmer must have been doing something right that season. Funny isn't it?

So, 1 season out of 11 seasons makes Fulmer a good coach?

Spurrier and Fulmer have faced each other every year since 1990, and Fulmer has won maybe 2 games in that time period against Spurrier.

How many National Championships does each have?

listen, I know Fulmer is Mack Brown. Hell, he was Mack Brown before Mack Brown was!(if that makes sense) Great recruiters, questionable coaches, but it still comes back to Manning. If Tee Martin could do it, why couldn't manning?

Is Martin a great QB? No, not yet, maybe never. So where does that leave us? I guess it is a matter of opinion.

I'd rather take a QB that can win the big one, not one that wilts when under the spotlight.

What is it with the Ken Dorsey fan club??? The guy is a 2nd day pick. His upper body strength is mediocre, he has skinny arms with no definition, he struggles to get the ball across the field and even if Miami U win the National Title again and Dorsey wins teh Heisman, when he gets to the Senior Bowl and the Combine and teams see his physique and see him struggling to throw, his stock will tumble faster than the Catholic Church. You guys need to watching guys like Dave Ragone of Louisville, Rex Grossman of Florida, Kliff Kingsbury of Texas Tech and the likley number one overall pick, Byron Leftwich of Marshall.

Maybe Ken Dorsey is Destined to be one of these late round picks that blossoms. I don't know, I maybe watched one Miami game last other than the Nebraska game.

Nobody is saying Dorsey definately wont be a good NFL QB, we are just saying that he in no way deserves to be a high draft pick, not right now.

He may develope some good body weight in an NFL weightroom in a few years, but as of right now he just doesn't deserve to be a high pick, certainly not a first rounder like a few on here think.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Nobody is saying Dorsey definately wont be a good NFL QB, we are just saying that he in no way deserves to be a high draft pick, not right now.

He may develope some good body weight in an NFL weightroom in a few years, but as of right now he just doesn't deserve to be a high pick, certainly not a first rounder like a few on here think.

The ONLY thing Dorsey lacks imo is body mass and that would of course include arm strength.

fiedler is getting up there in years, if we don't draft a QB, i think some of the backups should get some game experience!

ice blizzard - it isn't about gaining weight with Dorsey - gaining weight doesn't mean he'll then have an arm like Brett Favre - it doesn't work like that. First off - look at his frame - he doesn't have the frame to handle 15-20 extra pounds. He simply lacks the power in his release to make the necessary throws at the next level. He is a system QB - he runs the Cane system exceptionally well - but then with Clinton Portis, Jarrett Payton, Frank Gore, Willis McGahee and Najeh Davenport to hand off to...Ethnic Sands, Kevin Beard, Jeremy Shockey, Andre Johnson, Kellen Winslow JR, Kevin Everitt, etc to throw to and Bryant McKinnie, Joaquin Gonzalez, Sherko Haji-Rasouli, Brett Romberg, Martin Bibla, Vernon Carey, Carlos Joseph, Ed Wilkins, etc to block for him...you and me could do a pretty decent job in that pocket. Watch how lazy and ropey his mechanics become - look at how low his release gets, how cranky his arm is at times, how he has a propensity to throw off the back foot too much, how he throws at peoples feet on out routes because he doesn't trust his arm strength to put it up there, knowing a DB sitting on the route will take it the other way. He's a day 2 passer.

He is incredibly accurate with his throws and he is a very smart passer as well with average arm strength but Fiedler also has average arm strength.

Y? Dorsey was only sacked 4 times last year. That is the amount of times your QB was sacked on any given series last season!! haahahahah

Johnson has more mobility, and arm strength than Dorsey.

Dorsey has better decision making ability.

They are really nothing alike.

KB21..........

Originally posted by KB21
Winning is about the team, not the QB.

Jay Fiedler is not even an average QB, yet Miami has won 22 games with him because they have a good team. They haven't won 22 games the last two years because of him. A lot of the wins have been in spite of him.

Wins do not determine if a QB is a great player or not. What the QB does individually is what determines if he is a great player.

The reason Tennessee couldn't be Florida is because Phillip Fulmer is an idiot of a coach. He's a great recruiter, but he can't coach the talent he has. A trained monkey can coach Tennessee to 9-10 wins a year with the talent they have brought in. Tennessee can't beat Florida simply because Steve Spurrier owns Phillip Fulmer. Tennessee couldn't beat Florida when they had Heath Shuler, and they can't beat them now with Casey Clausen.

Tennessee did beat Florida this past year. I can't recall the exact score off the top of my head.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom