What stops this offense? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What stops this offense?

LOL. I misunderstood the "We did" part. Good to know you're not one of those 4th quarter no score deniers. I hear variants of that are going around.
Yep. So many in their little wait and see bubble that can't live in the moment and enjoy the ride. I pity their inability to get properly pumped about what the Phins are doing.

google commute GIF

We've all been on a fantastic high these past few weeks watching Tua and co. dissect NFL defenses with ease. There hasn't been a whole lot slowing down the phins other than a smattering of self inflicted injuries in the form of penalties, dropped passes, and Tua misfires. Hill is a matchup nightmare who gets to do whatever he wants on the field. Teams are either so respectful of his speed they play off him or McDaniel manufactures a clean release by bringing him in motion. The RPO/play action has kept everyone guessing enough that Tua has had a couple clean jersey days. I can't imagine he ever though he'd see another in his career after the past couple seasons of getting hammered.

We've seen this before with offensive attacks that have everyone baffled until someone comes along with what seems at least on the surface to be a ridiculously simple solution. McVay had his moment until he saw an extra man on the line of scrimmage completely nullifying his rushing attack. Mahomes and Reid couldn't be stopped until someone decided he wasn't going to throw deep on them anymore. Even Murray and Kingsbury had their brief time in the sun.

So what do you think is going to be the counter to the McDaniel/Tua show?

What can beat Miami's O? Three things . . .
Miami's OL
Mcd
top front 7 with a good pass rush

It may be our year. A team will have to be in Tua's face all game. They will have to hit him every drive. Sacks, false starts, holdings. A team will also have to stop our two headed rushing attack. I'm excited to see how we play against SF on the road against a defense that is big and gets after it and is the #1 total yards and rush defense

I actually think the cold weather helps our passing game. Right now, play action is a large part of it. The linebackers are respecting the fake and leaving areas of the field open. Teams might be considering having their LB's stay back a bit more, but with cold weather, element games, we are more likely to run, so they have to respect the run more, hence opening up more passing lanes.

cold weather, wind, rain, snow. If we can have home field advantage in the post season im going to be really excited about our chances to make it to the super bowl.

Unfortunately it could be 1 big hit on Tua - just being real - I cringe everytime he's hit now

Yep. So many in their little wait and see bubble that can't live in the moment and enjoy the ride. I pity their inability to get properly pumped about what the Phins are doing.

google commute GIF
Lmao do you just answer to posts entirely different in your head? Because thats twice in a row I've seen you answer something entirely different (assuming of course you were being honest about the "Yup We did" pertaining to ... something else and not the question you directly quoted, which stated "Did we score in the 4th against Detroit?"

Very confusing. So you... are not a 4th quarter score denier or?

The same thing that stops every offense. Pressure up the middle.

It does seem like McDaniel has defensive linemen hesitating just enough with the constant, elaborate play action. I wonder if some team is going to decide to ignore it all and attack every play.

Back
Top Bottom