What team did you leave to become a Dolphins fan? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What team did you leave to become a Dolphins fan?

My Dad was a Packers fan and for awhile growing up so was I.

I recall the legendary playoff game (v San Diego) in Jan 1982 and my curiosity was piqued.

Then, in Sept of 1982, I went to a neighbors house as they had gotten this thing called cable w/ Espn. I recall this kid named Marino playing and was absolutely intrigued.

The legendary draft of '83 was next and the rest is history.

p.s. Not even the Legends of Tomorrow can screw up this sacred timeline

Epilogue - My dad FWIW would eventually rotate between the "local" team (niners, raiders, denver) that was doing the best & ran the WCO.
so you saw Marino at Pitt during the 1982 season on ESPN, and then we drafted him?

I was under by Dad’s influence of liking Green Bay when I was 5-6 years old in the mid-80s. I also dabbled in the Bears, 49ers, and Redskins (being local).

1) Grew up in Ohio and started out a Browns Fan in the 1950's.
2) Decided I liked the Green Bay Packers uniform better and followed them a year.
3) Succumbed to "social pressure"; the guys wouldn't let me play football with them if I was not a Browns fan.
4) Became a Bengals fan when they started up (lived near Cincinnati).
5) Moved to High Point, NC and became a Panthers fan once they were established.
6&7) The Bengals and Panthers turned out to be a bunch of pussies. I liked John Fox who was then coaching the Broncos followed the Broncos until Fox Went to the Bears. That is also when I became a fan of Adam Gase.
8) Followed Gase to the Dolphins and have remained a Dolphin fan ever since. Probably due to the high intellectual activity I find on Finheaven. Like they say, in the land of the blind, a one eyed man is king - LOL

And here they call me a homer when I am worth at least 2 grand slams (for the millennials here, that's baseball term that tennis borrows) - LOL

Back
Top Bottom