What the Miami Dolphins need from their fan base.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the Miami Dolphins need from their fan base....

Nice write up, but I think you are missing your point. You're right we have never done this before, which means, some diehard fans will have a difficult time adjusting to this new way of tanking. Everyone remembers that the team would play their guts out every game to not look embarrassed.
It's been 2 weeks, let the fans who are bitching bitch. Then during the course of the season they will adjust and all will be right in fandom when we select at number 1.
I've seen Dolphin players with broken arms play in games. This team under Shula set a standard that has never been equaled. This is a storied franchise and so far this tank is well beneath the standard set by Shula. I don't like it, I don't have to like it and we should never have got so low that we had to resort to a last resort. I hope the season gets easier to live with as the schedule softens but I can't wait to draft Tua and start building a championship team. No poster gets to come here and tell everybody else how to act. The discontent is going to get worse, not better. Miami is a frontrunning city, ask the Marlins, ask the Heat and the Dolphins. We love a winner. How do you think we feel about the team today? I get where the OP is coming from, grin and bear it, it soon will be over but this is damn painful.

Miami is executing the first part of the plan to perfection.

The second part is hitting on the picks.

Stop telling fans to stop telling fans how to be fans.

It works both ways bro.

If fans can come out of the woodwork to complain incessantly about the team, other fans can complain incessantly about those fans complaining.

IDK why the first group believes they are the only ones with the right or reason to complain about nonsense.
I will defend the rights of people to speak out about the team that they love. I am against those who have advocated for censorship on this very message board against people who are negative towards what the team is doing. Attack the message, not the poster. I believe this is in the terms of service. If it isn't, it probably should be. I will defend your right to praise the team. I hope you will defend the rights of others to criticize it. We had to live through more than a half a decade of (some, byno means all) tannehill supporters saying tannehill criticizers were not dolphin fans. No need to repeat that

I hear you.

I never put much stock into opinions of online folks. Some are just here on recycled accounts to bitch and moan no matter what. We suck at 11-5. We suck at 8-8. We suck at 3-13. We tank but then the tank is not done right. We need to purge but then the purge is not done right. They are using the same argument as they have during the Wannstedt years: we need to suck badly. But then 4-12 was too much sucking and we are just a **** organization. Repeat that after Saban. We have to suck. But then 1-15 was too much sucking. And we recycle again.

There is a difference between an online community and actually fans with an investment into the organization. Most here have never seen Hard Rock Stadium from the inside in all of its configurations going back to the 1988s but they are usually the biggest "critics". Online fans who tell people not to buy tickets are the lowest of that pile. :lol:

On the other side I have had great talks with people at the stadium before and after the game. The difference was incredible.

I wouldn't put too much thought into what you read here and of course always consider who the author of posts is. Pick and choose what you want to read and use your ignore feature. Unfortunately I can't use that feature. :lol:

Just remember you are dealing with people here who are using and hiding behind anonymity.
In your opinion... Are the Fins tanking?

The heck with what the Phins need from us... we are the consumer, they are the PRODUCT.

If they want our money... perform.

period.

I was going to make a thread about this, but here seems appropriate.

1. I am on board for the losses and rebuild.
BUT

The thing I am finding most difficult to deal with is the fact that I MYSELF have t defend the decisions of the front office to anyone and everyone asking me how I felt about the loss today. Of course these people don't understand the fins are in tank mode and I have had to explain that to honestly 25 people over the past two weeks.

I find it a little dissapointing that I as a fan have to deal with the ramifications of the front office decision making whenever I wear Miami gear. So to that effect, I support the fins, but I will no longer be wearing my gear at all.

Poetic justice would be watching them select jalen hurts.

So who are the real fans? The ones who don’t settle for incompetence or the ones who look to spite the fans who don’t wear aqua blinders and won’t celebrate every move the team makes.

In your opinion... Are the Fins tanking?
There is no tanking in the NFL. In a physical sport like the NFL where one hit or one wrong turn can spell the end of a career there is no FO who simply says we are losing all our games on purpose for the pipe dream of getting maybe a franchise QB.

What you see is a rebuilding effort in combination with a change of philosophy and culture but they are trying to win. But those are not news. This was well known and expected. We are also missing one major ingredient to tank. If you want to tank you have to do a fire sale (dumping) of your best players on the roster. That did not happen. We got rid of players who held contracts not justifying their mediocre performance. It was also not a fire sale. Through intelligent maneuvering (combining cash incentives with draft picks) we were able to open up our cap space for next year while collecting a lot of draft picks. We "sold" them all at the most we could get for each one of them.

We can argue about the phrasing: is it a rebuild? Or a tank? Is there any difference? We may end up 0-16 with a rebuild effort. Maybe. Maybe not. The difference between the two is that one has the will to do your best, to put the team in a situation to perform well and to win. And the other you mail the game in. And we are not doing the latter.

Our struggle above all is that half the game roster wasn't even with us in camp and a lot of them not even for preseason games. So besides a new system for those already with us from last season you have a bunch of players who received our playbook the week leading up to the first regular season. And then you face 4 potential playoff teams of which two have Super Bowl aspirations to start the season.

I hate to break it to you but as the season will go on we will win some of our games which hopefully will put a damper into this constant "tanking" talk. Because to be honest (and I don't want to hurt anybody's feeling) anybody talking about tanking is really following a very simplistic thought process.

They don't need **** from me. They've hired bad leaders over and over who have teased Miami with exciting players only to not be able to manage them and have to trade them away or cut them. I'm sick of it.

More Fair Weather Fans!!

Just give us people from the mold of the what the Bengals, Browns, Colts and Cardinals have had. All of the sudden even here on our beloved Finheaven we have "fans" that are nowhere to be seen for years, now popping up all of the sudden to **** on my team that I have loved my entire life. Non stop bitching and whining, throwing tantrums, spewing negativity and trying to find the most creative way to say the same thing for the 50th time. Why can't we just have more fair weather fans that just slip in to the dark and wait for the team to get back on top of this mess?

We get it, the team sucks on an epic scale. We all see it, we all know it. Either endure it like a man or shut the **** up. Every tank happy fan is getting what they asked for and then crying that they're getting it. It's really really bad, and it's going to be for the entire season. Just think about this, when have the Dolphins done this? To my recollection...never. What they HAVE done over the last 20 years is just recycle the same old valiant efforts with zero results. So what's left to try? Pull the pin and throw a grenade in the middle of the whole pile of crap and then pick up the pieces. It's a long road, so either get on it or get the hell off and drift off in to oblivion and then come back later when the smoke clears and act like you never left. Fine with me, I won't even point you out. I'll welcome you back with open arms and cheer along side of you. But IF you stay, do it with dignity. Grow up, act like an adult that can take a bad situation or find your way to the lounge and jump in some threads there and laugh a little.

But for **** sakes, stop with the constant "fire everyone", "this player sucks", "that player sucks", "sell the team" blah blah blah. Do you really think you're enlightening the world with your take? There's 12 other threads saying the same thing with different words. Suck it up and just enjoy watching crappy football...it'll all be over in a couple months and then we can get excited about the rebuild. No matter how you want to spin it, it's going to come.....and it WILL get better. Take solace in that. It's got nowhere to go but up.

Sincerely,
Sarnics

:surr:

THANK YOU. It had to be said.
All this goddamn whining. I swear I don't know wtf is up with all this damn whining. People whining about every little thing. As bad as the team is right now, I'm willing to bet good money that no fanbase can beat ours in the gallons of tears pouring out this year.
Fire Grier, Fire Flores, Fire Ross, clean house; then bring in more admin and lose two games...BOOM, same whining to fire everyone again. SMFH.

So who are the real fans? The ones who don’t settle for incompetence or the ones who look to spite the fans who don’t wear aqua blinders and won’t celebrate every move the team makes.

I'm not sure i follow. To you those are the 2 options? If you aren't spitting fire in every thread you must be celebrating what's going on?
I'm not celebrating a single thing. Other than the attempt to try something new.
This all sucks, I'm just choosing not to handle it like a12 year old as some are.

I've seen Dolphin players with broken arms play in games. This team under Shula set a standard that has never been equaled. This is a storied franchise and so far this tank is well beneath the standard set by Shula. I don't like it, I don't have to like it and we should never have got so low that we had to resort to a last resort. I hope the season gets easier to live with as the schedule softens but I can't wait to draft Tua and start building a championship team. No poster gets to come here and tell everybody else how to act. The discontent is going to get worse, not better. Miami is a frontrunning city, ask the Marlins, ask the Heat and the Dolphins. We love a winner. How do you think we feel about the team today? I get where the OP is coming from, grin and bear it, it soon will be over but this is damn painful.

I disagree. People don't stick with the Marlins because they sell the team off every time they win. When they put a bad product on the field why would I pay to see it? Plus the drive to that **** city when they should have put the stadium in palm beach.

The heat? Basketball sucks in general, there's no balance. I loved the teams before Shaq with just Wade. I loved the teams before that too with hardaway and ZO. This super team trend just makes it impossible to be a fan when you're not the IT team.

As for the dolphins, it's been nearly 40 plus years since we've had a winner. The fact there are any fans left is amazing. This Minkah trade has me on the brink. If this next draft doesn't pan out, I'm done. Haven't bought merchandise in years, haven't been to a game in a decade because of the **** product on the field and I actually enjoy watching actual profession football. Going to the games means I miss out on every other game and spend a small fortune. I think 15 plus years of garbage and several "rebuilds" is ridiculous. Ross is the problem and I refuse to pay him for his garbage.

There is no tanking in the NFL. In a physical sport like the NFL where one hit or one wrong turn can spell the end of a career there is no FO who simply says we are losing all our games on purpose for the pipe dream of getting maybe a franchise QB.

If we aren't tanking, then our staff is in so far over their head that we are going to need another hiring cycle to get back to 7-9 territory. I genuinely hope we are tanking. The other possibility is frightening.

Back
Top Bottom