What to do with pick number 3 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What to do with pick number 3

Theres a number of things to do with Jackson. IMO he might stay at LT and Sewell play RT. Jackson has experience at G and even center I've heard so if Tackle didn't work give another spot a try for down the road.. He has unknown IMO potential to develop and I'd like to see that continue. Though if I were dreaming I'd dream of trading him to the Saints for Ramczyk and Sewell LT, Kindley LG, Linsley C, Hunt RG and Ramcyck RT..... Only one thing to say about that WOW...

Then add some play makers with real opportunity to be great playmakers.. We can get a few in FA, IMO
well, your response was better than I've gotten from other people who would move Jackson to RT.......which to me makes no sense because why say Jackson's not good enough to play LT but he's good enough to play RT with a LT QB? I do agree that Linsley would be great for us.

well, your response was better than I've gotten from other people who would move Jackson to RT.......which to me makes no sense because why say Jackson's not good enough to play LT but he's good enough to play RT with a LT QB? I do agree that Linsley would be great for us.

My hope is that they get those 2 OL and in FA get maybe at this point say a Packers RB Jones, and a top FA WR of their liking. See a opportunity to get those WR in the second and third round. Ya not the shinning stars everyone is drooling over but some pretty damn good ones should be there for us. Jones takes care of the RB a FA WR to a degree takes the high pick WR a little easier to deal with. Though I'd love Waddle but you can't always get what you want..

Now and interesting point to focus on is what are we doing for that LB er.... Do you consider one of the 3 top shelf stars at 18 ? Trade up cause I think they will be gone by the mid 20's.

FA LBr ? time for the arrival of the Fin Haven accountants..

There are a few points to make. One, I agree with whoever said don't overthink it.

But I believe the real value for Miami is trading down. I still think there will be a team or two that wants to come up to get a quarterback. The price could be a 2022 #1, the 2021 #1 and maybe a 2021 #2. That's probably at the minimum. The question then becomes how far can the Dolphins trade down and get Chase, Smith, Waddle or Pitts? I'd probably want to stay around the #8 Carolina pick.

The other option could be trading down one spot with Atlanta, and maybe getting an additional #2 or #3 pick from the Falcons. That scenario works if there's a player at number three, say Chase, that you have to have. Falcons grab their quarterback, Miami still gets Chase and an additional high pick.

My hope is that they get those 2 OL and in FA get maybe at this point say a Packers RB Jones, and a top FA WR of their liking. See a opportunity to get those WR in the second and third round. Ya not the shinning stars everyone is drooling over but some pretty damn good ones should be there for us. Jones takes care of the RB a FA WR to a degree takes the high pick WR a little easier to deal with. Though I'd love Waddle but you can't always get what you want..

Now and interesting point to focus on is what are we doing for that LB er.... Do you consider one of the 3 top shelf stars at 18 ? Trade up cause I think they will be gone by the mid 20's.

FA LBr ? time for the arrival of the Fin Haven accountants..
Well, first there's no way I'd spend the little money we have on a free agent RB. I'd rather just draft one in the 2nd round. As far as WR, there are a few good ones that might hit the market but again, they will cost a lot and the draft is loaded with good/great WR's so I'd rather draft two than to spend 20mill a year in one like Robinson to we don't have the money for it anyway. I'd look at LB in free agency since the draft is not deep as far as LB's this year.

I'd attempt to trade down. But I'm not Miami, what they do is not up to me. Grier spoke of keeping flexibility and having options, in the past. Lets see what happens.

Well, first there's no way I'd spend the little money we have on a free agent RB. I'd rather just draft one in the 2nd round. As far as WR, there are a few good ones that might hit the market but again, they will cost a lot and the draft is loaded with good/great WR's so I'd rather draft two than to spend 20mill a year in one like Robinson to we don't have the money for it anyway. I'd look at LB in free agency since the draft is not deep as far as LB's this year.

I have a tendency to believe the money is there and not as big of a problem as getting the right player.
Its not as if you have to release all the players to get the cap increase but rather more of adjusting the contracts on some players such as Van Noy and Ogbah who you mentioned. In which I'd think or hope they would be willing to do...

You want a superbowl visit it not going to be gotten cheap and IMO its using the money wisely where it will do us actual good instead of putting it all in the piggy bank. New Network deals going through should increase the money situation in the future. Now 20 mil for a guy is absurd to even consider but teen mil somehere could make us what we've all been hoping for this life time and must be evaluated as to our need and amount it brings to the team.
Linsley 10-11 mil est say 12. Jones 12 13 mil (really don't know) but if so he would be worth it IMO. Harris and Williams won't be around for those shinning star RB advocates... and if we can FA a good one clear Draft space for another need.............. well than More power to us......JMO

I have a tendency to believe the money is there and not as big of a problem as getting the right player.
Its not as if you have to release all the players to get the cap increase but rather more of adjusting the contracts on some players such as Van Noy and Ogbah who you mentioned. In which I'd think or hope they would be willing to do...

You want a superbowl visit it not going to be gotten cheap and IMO its using the money wisely where it will do us actual good instead of putting it all in the piggy bank. New Network deals going through should increase the money situation in the future. Now 20 mil for a guy is absurd to even consider but teen mil somehere could make us what we've all been hoping for this life time and must be evaluated as to our need and amount it brings to the team.
Linsley 10-11 mil est say 12. Jones 12 13 mil (really don't know) but if so he would be worth it IMO. Harris and Williams won't be around for those shinning star RB advocates... and if we can FA a good one clear Draft space for another need.............. well than More power to us......JMO
the way our cap space is right now, we will have about 10mill or a bit more after the money is set aside for the draft picks. Keep in mind you need to keep some money for in season moves. Unless we cut some player we won't have money for any of the top players in free agency unless we get very creative but it scares me to put too much money on future years.

Also keep in mind " right now "

I'm hearing that though at this moment we have as you say 10 mil that there is at present 26 mil before the draft $ is used. But I also hear that with cuts and restructuring contracts down the road we have the ability to get to 40-60 mil. Not that if correct all should be used but rather to show there is a very adequate room for some talented FA to be acquired. And that we may not be as hog tied as ya think..

Well either way it does make for an exciting free agency and Draft . Damn seems like the last couple of years the off season has been almost as exciting as the season itself.

Could not agree more. The top teams all have top playmakers and we don't have any at all. Now we have a real chance to get a top playmaker and people want to draft an OT.....smh
Is there some reason we can't do both?

As I've said before, trade down is preferred, but the value just isn't there to draft a WR at 3, and certainly not anyone in this class.

I know you, and others, have disagreed with the order of this regime's rebuild plan, but there is no doubt in my mind skills are on the menu for this draft.

There is a lot of WR talent coming out this year. We will address the situation.

Do you really care who we draft, and at what spot, if it turns out well?

I trust Flo/Grier to have a solid viable plan.

Thats not saying AJ isn't good enough, IMO. It's about putting the best unit on the field.

You know better........ Now I'm SMH.....

Dolphins should draft either Chase or Smithy or trade down.

Back
Top Bottom