What to do with pick number 3 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What to do with pick number 3

Trade back with carolina at 8 get an extra 1st next yr , CMac and a 2nd this yr. Carolina is scared about CMac s contract. I would rather have CMac over AJones and they would cost about the same. CMacs injuries scare me but if he is healthy he is a stud both as a receiver and a runner. Yes he has a high cap number for the next 2 yrs 12 MILLION, but there is an out in 2023, if he busts. Team captain, leader, another great guy in the locker room.

Last edited:
Is there some reason we can't do both?

As I've said before, trade down is preferred, but the value just isn't there to draft a WR at 3, and certainly not anyone in this class.

I know you, and others, have disagreed with the order of this regime's rebuild plan, but there is no doubt in my mind skills are on the menu for this draft.

There is a lot of WR talent coming out this year. We will address the situation.

Do you really care who we draft, and at what spot, if it turns out well?

I trust Flo/Grier to have a solid viable plan.
No I'd not care as long as it works out for the best. Keep in mind I don't get to make any decisions so all I can do is give my opinion. As far as Grier, he's done some good things but drafting is not at the top of that list. We'll see what they do this time around.

No I'd not care as long as it works out for the best. Keep in mind I don't get to make any decisions so all I can do is give my opinion. As far as Grier, he's done some good things but drafting is not at the top of that list. We'll see what they do this time around.
Actially, I think Grier realized it wasn't his forte. With Flo, and guys like McKenzie, he's open to input in that area, while doing his wheeler dealer thing with trades, cap sanity, and contract negotiations (something he seems to be good at).

Actially, I think Grier realized it wasn't his forte. With Flo, and guys like McKenzie, he's open to input in that area, while doing his wheeler dealer thing with trades, cap sanity, and contract negotiations (something he seems to be good at).
well, I wasn't crazy about the way they ran their draft last year but no need to go into it now cause what's done is done. I'm hoping for the best. I agree he's done a good job with all those other things.

I’d add Parsons as an option personally

Let me check the last time an elite wr won a superbowl. Nope. Sewell. Theres nothing to think about. Mark it down and start thinking of what we are doing with our 2nd pick. Which ultra talented playmaker will fall to us because one will. Especially with 4 qbs going top 10.

I'd attempt to trade down. But I'm not Miami, what they do is not up to me. Grier spoke of keeping flexibility and having options, in the past. Lets see what happens.
Let's not forget the look on his face a couple times when someone he wanted hot taken b4 us also. Might be more moving around this draft.

In the top 15, there should be 4 QBs picked, and at least 3 CBs, an edge-setter or two... maybe a Safety or a DT... it won't take much for a player from one of the positions that WE need to fall to 18.

So long as you are not a Devonta Smith or bust person, or a 'we have to have Ja'Marr Chase or I'm going to throw a tantrum' guy, we should be happy with what we find at 18.

Last year, I kept saying... don't trade up, don't trade up... a QB will fall to us. Don't be impatient, don't overreact... play poker, my brothers. And it worked...

Try it again. Stop being afraid that we are going to 'lose' this or that player that you want so badly. THIS draft is loaded with quality prospects in all of our biggest needs except pure pass-rusher. We'll get good players... maybe just not the specific one that YOU want.

Atlanta gives us their 2nd (pick 35) to move up one spot to beat out division rival Carolina to draft Fields.

Now sitting at pick 4, Denver offers their 1st (pick 9), their 2nd (pick 40), and Jerry Jeudy to move up to pick 4 also for a QB.

We turn pick 3 into picks 9, 35, 40 and get Jerry Jeudy.

We now have picks 9, 18, 35, 36, 40, and 50 in the top 50 along with Jerry Jeudy.

With pick 9 we can still get one of the 4 between Smith, Chase, Waddle, or Pitts. We may still have a shot at Parsons too.

Trade back is my preferred route but not far enough to miss out on one of the 5 players, that if we go any other route I would be really pissed off. In the order I would take them Sewell, Pitts, Chase, Waddle and Smith. I hear Kdawg's argument though that taking Sewell over one of the other 4 is a missed opportunity. Sewell is a special talent too though, we'll not get him if we trade down anyways, he's not getting past Cincy.

Let me check the last time an elite wr won a superbowl. Nope. Sewell. Theres nothing to think about. Mark it down and start thinking of what we are doing with our 2nd pick. Which ultra talented playmaker will fall to us because one will. Especially with 4 qbs going top 10.
Cough cough
Mike evans
Tyreek Hill
Demaryius Thomas

Back
Top Bottom