What to do with pick number 3 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What to do with pick number 3

Atlanta gives us their 2nd (pick 35) to move up one spot to beat out division rival Carolina to draft Fields.

Now sitting at pick 4, Denver offers their 1st (pick 9), their 2nd (pick 40), and Jerry Jeudy to move up to pick 4 also for a QB.

We turn pick 3 into picks 9, 35, 40 and get Jerry Jeudy.

We now have picks 9, 18, 35, 36, 40, and 50 in the top 50 along with Jerry Jeudy.

With pick 9 we can still get one of the 4 between Smith, Chase, Waddle, or Pitts. We may still have a shot at Parsons too.
I have seen several people make that offer for Denver or something similar with Jeudy. Why do you feel he would be available? He was their 1st rd pick last year, why would they give up on him so soon?

I have seen several people make that offer for Denver or something similar with Jeudy. Why do you feel he would be available? He was their 1st rd pick last year, why would they give up on him so soon?
Some ppl are into, and enjoy, "Madden" fantasy scenarios, regardless of rationality.

It's just the way it is. It used to irritate me, but what the hell, room for all fans here.

If you believe the most recent rumor on Bleacher Report, that 5 QB's are now expected to be taken in the top 10; It could make for lots of movement within the top 5-6 picks. Especially with Wilson now heavily being considered by the Jets at #2.
I don't know about 5, but maybe that's not too far-fetched. Lots of teams are desperate for quarterbacks.

I could see possibly Atlanta and Philadelphia. Both of those are wildcards to me. I think the Eagles might give Hurts a year. Teams in the top half of the draft that definitely need quarterbacks are Jags, Jets, Carolina, Denver and San Francisco.

I'm taking Chase without a doubt! Feeling so confident about this kid. He's going to shine baby and I feel he will bring that same intensity that we all so loved with Landry. Super excited to see him in a fins uniform.

Trade down twice if possible then trade back up for the second guy you really want is what i would try to do
3 and 18 goes to 8 and 12 maybe plus lots of future picks
I think you could be right. I just read an article, talking about Grier and Flores always looking to trade the present to set up the future. It feels like they may be busy trading picks? Where there is smoke there is usually fire. I keep getting the feeling at least one of Miami's two 1st round picks is going to be dealt. And quite possibly both.

In a perverse way it would help if the Jets drafted Chase. I think he is the only guy we covet enough to pick at 3. Plus that means there are two top QB's for teams to move up for.

Don't think that will happen so I'll continue with my next fantasy.

1A) Chase
1B) Parsons
2A) Harris
2B) Etienne
3) Tylan Wallace/Freiermuth/Eskridge

I'm taking Chase without a doubt! Feeling so confident about this kid. He's going to shine baby and I feel he will bring that same intensity that we all so loved with Landry. Super excited to see him in a fins uniform.
You might but the Fins would rather have the WR that has much more separation and is a better route runner and actually played football last year.

Lol...

A strong O line might have something to do with helping those top play makers, be top play makers.
Ask Mahones, Even he couldn't be that normal game changer ( top playmaker) when you got no time or throwing that 20 yder in the horizontal position. I think he had top play makers but OL turned into the Big Problem.

Football 101, a good to great offensive line can make some of those ok playmakers top playmakers.
Build the O line and whoever we got playing QB has a much better shot at being good. And hopefully it's Tua..

A Corey Linsley and Sewell will give even our playmakers a significantly better shot and thats not even calculating who else we pick up in FA & draft...
It's a great argument. We all saw how Josh Allen progressed with Buffalo. How much of that was due to the play of the offensive line?

While many are calling Allen elite, I still think he is a tad slower in processing. But his line gives him time.

Put another way, I always wondered who meant more to the Dolphins during the Marino years, Mark Clayton or Richmond Webb?

I’m happy with Sewell, Chase or Smith if we stay at #3.
When the time comes and we for some reason passed on all of them and drafted someone else. We better have either signed Allen Robinson or Aaron Jones (Not at 15 Mil but 12-13 Mil.) as well as a couple other bargain players on offense....

Parsons is a good prospect and will help our defense for sure but no way I pass up on those three top offensive players for him at 3, especially if we're not aggressive in FA to fix the offense.

Our defense still played well last season and they likely well next season as well even if we don't add to it.
Our offense was the struggle of last season... I seen us get dominated within the ten and five all season. When an offense is on first down and is within the five yard line. I expect a Touchdown vast majority of the time and I seen the complete opposite of that. Consistently shut down on multiple downs and settling for chop shot FG.... I don't think I can handle getting stuffed like that again next season 😂😂

You might but the Fins would rather have the WR that has much more separation and is a better route runner and actually played football last year
Chase seems to have all the tools to be dominant. His only question mark is speed but I've seen the 4.40 rumors lately, I just don't know how true they are. He'll be a beast regardless his speed tho, it's just about adding the right WR next to him if he's slower than reported. We need at least one guy who can blow the top off if he can't

You might but the Fins would rather have the WR that has much more separation and is a better route runner and actually played football last year.
So I'm assuming you never watched him play nor read any scouting reports about him before....

If I'm wrong for assuming then you may need to get those eyes checked because his route running and separation is elite....

Back
Top Bottom