What to do with pick number 3 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What to do with pick number 3

Draft for your need, stop trying to create scenarios, a player that you know wouldn't have been there at 18 that you valued.

I think we’ve covered this already in a 1000 other threads, but ok you wanna start another one I’ll play along.
Trevor Lawrence

I will be shocked if we didn’t get good trade offers for #3 but we must be cautious not to drop too far down and miss out on Chase, Smith or Waddle.

On some mocks even dropping to 8 has seen us miss out on those 3 WR. Yes it’s only a mock and someone’s opinion but you just never know.

Trade back and grab more draft capital. With a reduced cap this year it's vital we have a solid draft this year.

If you believe the most recent rumor on Bleacher Report, that 5 QB's are now expected to be taken in the top 10; It could make for lots of movement within the top 5-6 picks. Especially with Wilson now heavily being considered by the Jets at #2.

We could draft the skill player at 3, we could also maybe trade and still get one of those guys.

We could also draft the OT or LB at 3 and move up from 18 with 2b and get a waddle or a Pitts. I’m just not so deadset on we have to get a certain skill player at 3.

With 3 and 18 and the two seconds we can absolutely improve the offensive skill positions.

Last edited:
Fans will whine and complain but I would bet they draft Sewell at #3 and Harris at #18.
I wouldn’t mind that. Would be pretty nasty to go Sewell, Harris and Humphrey with the first three picks. Add a couple wide receivers with picks four and five. Get some depth on defense after that. It would result in a totally rebuilt offense with a line that can bully people.

I wouldn’t mind that. Would be pretty nasty to go Sewell, Harris and Humphrey with the first three picks. Add a couple wide receivers with picks four and five. Get some depth on defense after that. It would result in a totally rebuilt offense with a line that can bully people.

Winner!

I continue to be on board with a trade down from 3 to somewhere still in the top 10, and taking who's left of Smith/ Chase/ Waddle. Maybe Pitts or Parsons. However I'm getting less optimistic about getting a decent offer. It seems the top 5 qb's are separating into top 2 (Trevor and Wilson) and next 3. Which means teams behind us may just wait for the qb to come to them. Hope I'm wrong.

I continue to be on board with a trade down from 3 to somewhere still in the top 10, and taking who's left of Smith/ Chase/ Waddle. Maybe Pitts or Parsons. However I'm getting less optimistic about getting a decent offer. It seems the top 5 qb's are separating into top 2 (Trevor and Wilson) and next 3. Which means teams behind us may just wait for the qb to come to them. Hope I'm wrong.
We may get a "decent" offer. I doubt we get what many think though.

IMO, the jests are the ones more likely to get an absurd amount of picks in return.

Back
Top Bottom