What type of offense should be established? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What type of offense should be established?

The league also wanted less ticky tak calls.

As for offense, it depends on how the oline develops. And what type of players are brought in.

No, Miami is not hindered by Tua's perceived lack of arm strength. No, Miami is not destined for perpetual 12 play drive TD team.

As many have said, Miami can go FA or draft to fill those needs. I prefer the draft route, as FA wrs never seem to live up to the price tag of hype. I continue to want Hardman (KC) for a 3rd if possible.

Basically, just get some freaking pieces.

The offense will be no different than this past season because the same OLD OC will be calling the plays. We just have to hope the OL will be better in blocking for the run and pass next year and that there are major upgrades at WR and RB.

Would like to see a power run scheme like Seattle used early in Wilson’s career. Establish the line of scrimmage. Control the clock. Let Tua do his thing with some RPO, PA and bootlegs. Take a look at what the Titans do with Tannehill; he only had to throw the ball 27 times and they scored 41 points Sunday. A healthy running attack with Tua throwing 25-35 passes a game would be ideal.

West coast offense with vertical routes and RPO included. For more reference watch the Saints

absolutely but ya know that offense doesn’t always travel well in elements and outdoor settings even. Especially in the postseason. One super bowl out of the whole Brees prime with that head coach and his offensive brilliance kinda underachieving if you ask me.

arm strength wise however yep this is ideal ask of tua and what you should build towards.

those intermediate routes in the middle of the field doesn’t matter if you anticipate well if the ball still takes that long to get there. Ball was in the air too long Sunday allowing guys where completions should be to highly contest etc.

As others have stated, a rookie receiver will not be able to come in and contribute at an elite level. We will either need to acquire 2 receivers in Free Agency and draft 2 to develop. Availability has made our current roster (Grant, Parker, Preston) expendable. Parker is good but inconsistent with availability. I would keep Parker, Wilson and Preston for back up roles and competition.

If we do get Sewell at 3 then we could trade down at 18 and pick up a RB lower first and couple of tier 2 receivers in the 2nd or 3rd. May need to rely on the run setting up the pass. Much like Tennessee and Tannehill.

Since we are in the offseason it make since that we discuss the upcoming draft AKA our Superbowl.

However, I'd like to have a discussion around what peoples opinion is on the type of offense this team needs to be effective or dominant and help produce wins.

What I mean specifically is, do we want the offense to be more pass oriented (dominant passing game), more run oriented (dominant running game) or balanced (good on both sides)?

I believe most people would prefer the balanced approach but the questions is how far are we from that?

With the draft can we establish a balanced offense and what type of selections would that require?

If we don't have the means for establishing a balanced offense (can't trade down/FA does not work out), do we think it's better to create a passing oriented offense or running oriented offense? And how would we do this?

As an example let us assume FA did not net any worthy additions. In the draft suppose we cannot trade down #3 and the first 2 picks are TL and Fields, then it would be advisable to pick Sewell to bolster the line and with the #18 pick (assuming all tier 1 WR are gone) pick a tier 1 RB and use additional picks to establish a running game with some tier 2/3 WRs to help passing as well. But the strategy here is we will let the running game establish our offense.

Others may disagree with above and say that we focus on receivers (even tier 2) regardless of the scenario and create a passing offense that helps the QB, with less focus on adding value to running.
Note: I am saying less focus, we do still need to help for our running game.

I was just curious others think regarding this?

Maybe I'm picking at nits, but I'd like a flexible O. That is, be productive if the need is to pass or run. RPO, ground and pound, let it fly. Be able to change from week to week depending on the D.

Back
Top Bottom