What value does Cook have to this team as far as a contract offer? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What value does Cook have to this team as far as a contract offer?

What is the top contract you would offer?

• 4-5m per, two year deal, fully guaranteed

• 5-7m per, three year deal, 13m guaranteed

• 7-9m per, three year deal, 17m guaranteed

• 9-11m per, three year deal, 20m guaranteed

• Less than any of these

• More than any of these

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hoping we get him as we need a beast
How are you defining "beast"?

He's a good back. I wouldn't consider him "beast" level, ala Lynch, Elliot, Bettis, etc in their primes.

At this point, I think many are painting this guy to be more than he actually is. He had one outstanding year in 2020. Other than that, statistically he has been good, but not "beast".

Depends on the value team put on it.
We have 2 very decent rbs in Mostert/Wilson plus a very good rookie in Achane. Would it be an upgrade but a very large expense in roster that includes 2 pro bowl corners, pro bowl left tackle, Tyreek Hill, Chubb.
Along with needing to upgrade Wilkins, Hunt and Sieler.
Love him on team not sure we can afford it. And big wildcard if Achane becomes an star then there may be no need

How are you defining "beast"?

He's a good back. I wouldn't consider him "beast" level, ala Lynch, Elliot, Bettis, etc in their primes.

At this point, I think many are painting this guy to be more than he actually is. He had one outstanding year in 2020. Other than that, statistically he has been good, but not "beast".

Opinions differ

We’re not set to lose a single guy who plays on the LOS next year because we are cash strapped. You don’t understand the salary cap. Stop spreading this same misinformation in every thread.

It’s as clear as day. Your promoting the theory that backloaded contracts and guarantees is some kind of standard operating procedure.

For teams that believe they’re are going to be competitive in the immediate future, cap space is a bigger asset than even a late first round pick.

It’s basic economics, the more you use now the less you’ll have later.

And that later is next year when Christian Wilkins, Zack Seiler, Connor Williams, Robert Hunt, Austin Jackson and Raekwon Davis are all FAs, as will Ogbah once he’s inevitably released.

Ya there are things we can, resigning all the players we want retain next year is not one of them.

I’m rolling over as much money as possible to deal with the future.

He averaged half a yard less than Mostert and Wilson last year. And the carries differential wasn’t that big to suggest it played a part.
Maybe last year wasn't his year with the Vikings, that doesn't mean he wouldn't fit well with us.

Maybe last year wasn't his year with the Vikings, that doesn't mean he wouldn't fit well with us.
It wasn't just last year. I posted his career stats, year by year.

Is it possible you have been sold a "bill of goods" via the hype that has been going around?

It's a personal thing I guess and my opinion doesn't mean a lot since I like him lol

Don't you think we need someone that can get 1st downs when we need them.
I don't think Cook would be substantially better than what we have, barring injury, which he is also no stranger to. The stats are what they are.

We are also not a power rushing team. Our line is not built, or coached that way. We run zone blocking schemes. Cook can absolutely fit here, but we still won't be playing smash mouth, unless it's over the PA system.

Back
Top Bottom