What value does Cook have to this team as far as a contract offer? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What value does Cook have to this team as far as a contract offer?

What is the top contract you would offer?

• 4-5m per, two year deal, fully guaranteed

• 5-7m per, three year deal, 13m guaranteed

• 7-9m per, three year deal, 17m guaranteed

• 9-11m per, three year deal, 20m guaranteed

• Less than any of these

• More than any of these

Results are only viewable after voting.
It wasn't just last year. I posted his career stats, year by year.

Is it possible you have been sold a "bill of goods" via the hype that has been going around?
I'm definitely more impressed with Cook's career numbers than Mostert or Wilson... I get that ypc last year thing, but I just dont think these 3 are in the same ball park as far as talent goes. S

I get that when you combine both of these guys, the results may be somewhat similar, but idk. Cook is elite or close to it imo. Sure we may not NEED him. But it wouldnt hurt. Mostert is also injury prone, do we want the rushing attack to rely solely on Wilson and a rookie??

I'm definitely more impressed with Cook's career numbers than Mostert or Wilson... I get that ypc last year thing, but I just dont think these 3 are in the same ball park as far as talent goes. S
Last year was the lowest ypc of Mostert's career and it was better than Cook's career average.

If you say you don't trust him to be healthy, that's one thing. Career averages? I don't see where Cook is much better, if at all, in any of the standard rushing categories. Receiving may be a different story, but I don't see many ppl playing up that aspect.

You can make a solid case for Cook for a few reasons, but not statistically. That's why I only want to pursue it if it's a low $, low guarantees (relatively speaking) deal.

How are you defining "beast"?

He's a good back. I wouldn't consider him "beast" level, ala Lynch, Elliot, Bettis, etc in their primes.

At this point, I think many are painting this guy to be more than he actually is. He had one outstanding year in 2020. Other than that, statistically he has been good, but not "beast".

I'm curious what makes a beast or great here.

In the last 5 years, only 3 RBS have more all purpose yards then Cook.
Henry, McCaffrey and Kamara

In the last 5 years only only 6 starting RBS have started and played in more games.
Henry, A. Jones, Kamara, Elliot, chubb and Ekeler.

In the last 5 years only 3 backs have more rushing TDS,
Henry, Kamara and McCaffrey

In the last 5 years only 3 RBS have more rushing yards per game
Henry, Taylor Chubb

In the last 5 years only 3 RBS have more attempts then Cook
Henry, Elliot and Chubb

Last 5 years, Cook was easily a top 5 back, maybe 3. But clearly the 4th best statistically.

You think some paint him as more then he is.

I think some don't realize how good he's Been and make him less then he was.

He is well worth more then 4-5 million.

I would absolutely give him that 9-11 a year if necessary and not second guess it. For 2-3 years

In just a few days we will find out.. I expect him to stay with the Vikings but I would love to find him back at home in Florida

In the last 5 years only only 6 starting RBS have started and played in more games.

Henry, Taylor Chubb

Henry, Elliot and Chubb

Last 5 years, Cook was easily a top 5 back, maybe 3. But clearly the 4th best statistically.

I would absolutely give him that 9-11 a year if necessary and not second guess it. For 2-3 years
Great post, and that’s without even mentioning the fact that Cook is one of the best receiving backs in the NFL.

I really don’t understand the people who act like he’s comparable to Mostert and Wilson. Mostert is 31 and last year is the first time he’s started more than 8 games in a season. He’s an old, career back-up on a near-minimum deal. And Wilson is worse than that.

Cook is among the best RBs in the NFL.

Great post, and that’s without even mentioning the fact that Cook is one of the best receiving backs in the NFL.

I really don’t understand the people who act like he’s comparable to Mostert and Wilson. Mostert is 31 and last year is the first time he’s started more than 8 games in a season. He’s an old, career back-up on a near-minimum deal. And Wilson is worse than that.

Cook is among the best RBs in the NFL.
Ditto

Henry, Taylor Chubb

Henry, Elliot and Chubb

"Beast" is one of those terms that have no clear definition, kind of like "elite". Different ppl have differing opinions, none of which are right or wrong, due to there being no objective, measurable standard. It is opinion.

Did you cast your vote?

Back
Top Bottom