What value does Cook have to this team as far as a contract offer? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What value does Cook have to this team as far as a contract offer?

What is the top contract you would offer?

• 4-5m per, two year deal, fully guaranteed

• 5-7m per, three year deal, 13m guaranteed

• 7-9m per, three year deal, 17m guaranteed

• 9-11m per, three year deal, 20m guaranteed

• Less than any of these

• More than any of these

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cook isnt coming here for 5 mill per year. He can get more than that somewhere else., certainly Minny would pay more than that to keep him.

If Cook comes to Miami, it will be in the 7-9 range. Hopefully on the lower end, but 8 might be the number.

Some of these options are laughable. We gave Chase Edmonds two years, $12 million. Dalvin Cook is 27 and has made four straight Pro Bowls.

True, but that doesn't mean, and should not even imply, that we should pay Cook that much.

Other posters hit the nail on the head when they point out it's not about how much he is worth - it's about how much we can afford!

If our cap situation was better, then we could afford to pay more.

True, but that doesn't mean, and should not even imply, that we should pay Cook that much.

Other posters hit the nail on the head when they point out it's not about how much he is worth - it's about how much we can afford!

If our cap situation was better, then we could afford to pay more.
We will have $16 million in cap room by Friday. We can afford to pay him essentially whatever we want.

Agreed.

I mean they were statistically as good as D. HENRY, Josh Jacob's and Nick Chubb Last year

But I find it hard to believe anyone would take Mostert and Wilson over any of those guys.

I mean some people just don't want to pay RBS money, I get it.
I am one of those guys.
But when they could potentially be that player that puts us over the top, I am willing to pay the price.

If people are only willing to pay 5 million, that's OK. But I would hope they are only willing to pay 5 million a year for any RB not named Henry, because Cook has been as good if not better then every RB outside of Henry.

Where is the truth?

Somewhere between a player's stats and a posters opinion?

Or should we leave it to the coaches and FO with better (as in more accurate & current) information than we have.

It seems we are going around in a big circle and not getting anywhere.

What is Wilson's contract like? Can we drop him for Cook along with Gaskin and Ahmad and use their salary for Cook?

At the trade deadline? Me too.
Yes, after the trade deadline.

Will an offer even be tendered?
If an offer is tendered, how much would it be for?
If the offer is tendered and not accepted, I wonder where he will end up at.
Will he even play in the NFL this year?

With so many potential actions for us to take and him to respond to, it should certainly be "entertaining", if nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom