What value does Cook have to this team as far as a contract offer? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What value does Cook have to this team as far as a contract offer?

What is the top contract you would offer?

• 4-5m per, two year deal, fully guaranteed

• 5-7m per, three year deal, 13m guaranteed

• 7-9m per, three year deal, 17m guaranteed

• 9-11m per, three year deal, 20m guaranteed

• Less than any of these

• More than any of these

Results are only viewable after voting.
good thread. I said it in the Cook thread. nobody in their right minds would say they dont want Cook, its just at what price point.

6 mil a year was my price point. So i went option 2. the third year is really nonexistant anyways. I would go with 2- 12/13 and just guarantee it.

I would really lean closer to the idea, if he signs at 6 mil... its only one year tho.

If I'm his agent, I'm looking at Wilson and Moserts ypc, the fact that they have a lead blocking back, and I'm saying "Okay yall get one year at a hometown discount. It WIlson and Mosert put up those stats then we are going to turn the Miami season into a "we're getting paid season" "
I'm thinking Cook can get a multi-year deal from another team, so while a one year contract would be great from our perspective, not sure how realistic that is.

I'm thinking Cook can get a multi-year deal from another team, so while a one year contract would be great from our perspective, not sure how realistic that is.

the only thing im curious about in regards to the one year contract from us or multiyear deal elsewhere.

Does he think the one season in Miami can get his value back up to where it was in 2020/21. just looking at his stat line it was a good season, but it was probably his worst since 2019.

would it be worth it if he took a one year hit of a couple million loss, if it potentially gets him about 6-8 mil guaranteed on his next contract.

Lucky for me I'll never be in his shoes having to debate on whether or not i want to make 6 million in one year

the only thing im curious about in regards to the one year contract from us or multiyear deal elsewhere.

Does he think the one season in Miami can get his value back up to where it was in 2020/21. just looking at his stat line it was a good season, but it was probably his worst since 2019.

would it be worth it if he took a one year hit of a couple million loss, if it potentially gets him about 6-8 mil guaranteed on his next contract.

Lucky for me I'll never be in his shoes having to debate on whether or not i want to make 6 million in one year
It's really tough to project what his/agent's mindset might be, particularly without knowledge of contract specifics.

2 year 18 million about 5 million this year and 13 next year. 12 guaranteed can be cut next year to save 7 million.

It's really tough to project what his/agent's mindset might be, particularly without knowledge of contract specifics.

The only contract of note his agent has worked out is Cooks big one. Other than that just a few rookie scale contracts. Maybe Grier can make him his bitch

The only contract of note his agent has worked out is Cooks big one. Other than that just a few rookie scale contracts. Maybe Grier can make him his bitch
Hmmm....did not know that. Perhaps Cook has gotten some bad advise. I speculated a couple weeks ago that Cook probably would have been better off working with the Vikes in the long run.

He likely could have traded a modest pay cut for more future guaranteed.

why would Dalvin Cook sign something that's essentially a one year deal?

I mentioned earlier. my only thoughts in regards to him signing a one year deal is if he thinks he can get his value back up to where it was a couple years ago. He didnt have a bad season at all last year, but it wasnt great like in 20 and 21.

So he can bet on himself that he will have a stellar season, or does he take the guaranteed money that might be a little less than if he tried to show out.

I wouldnt say his value is low, its just not as high as where it could be. If some team is going to pay him for the 2020 Dalvin Cook then they'd be crazy

There seems to be a view by some that the Cook question is a simple yes or no, and that anyone who is not unconditionally on board is "anti-Cook".

I disagree. I think it is a cost/benefit question, moreso than anything.

I would like to see what my brother Phin fans think is an appropriate contract offer.

We can't possibly account for all variables, but I will attempt a range of possibilities.

I picked 'less than any.' Not because I believe it, but because he's unsigned May 31. It is competition that drives the price up (e.g., DHop). Cook can certainly sit out '23, but I doubt it. It's also possible competition will arise in a few days. we shall see. For now, I'd start with a low bid and see if competition appears.

I mentioned earlier. my only thoughts in regards to him signing a one year deal is if he thinks he can get his value back up to where it was a couple years ago. He didnt have a bad season at all last year, but it wasnt great like in 20 and 21.

So he can bet on himself that he will have a stellar season, or does he take the guaranteed money that might be a little less than if he tried to show out.

I wouldnt say his value is low, its just not as high as where it could be. If some team is going to pay him for the 2020 Dalvin Cook then they'd be crazy
Just an observation, not directly related to Cook, but I read somewhere that RB is the only position where the Franchise Tag # is actually going down.

If that trend continues, or just stays even, an aging back (as opposed to a guy on a rookie contract) could very possibly lose ground in that scenario, and it would have nothing to do with ability, just a changing market value.

fair argument, but to counter that, if he wants to bet on himself he can make 22 million in Minnesota in the next two years

why would Dalvin Cook sign something that's essentially a one year deal?
Why wouldn’t he lol gets to play for his hometown team in an offense in which defenses can’t really focus on him while collecting free guaranteed money from the Vikings this year and us next year and he can either still collect one more solid contract or he stays with us next year if we think he’s worth it.

Why wouldn’t he lol gets to play for his hometown team in an offense in which defenses can’t really focus on him while collecting free guaranteed money from the Vikings this year and us next year and he can either still collect one more solid contract or he stays with us next year if we think he’s worth it.
And if he gets injured, without any future guaranteed $?

Not saying it isn't possible, but it also isn't as black and white as you are making it.

Playing for your "home town" is nice, and certainly a draw, all other things being equal, but most players aren't forgoing millions to do so.

Last edited:

exactly, he isnt gonna be at the mercy of one team for a low gtd number.

Back
Top Bottom