What will happen? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will happen?

All fair answers but for some are coming off like they think we can’t be stopped. Y’all at some point… every great offense has been shut down.

The Oilers air raid back in the day was stopped… air coryell was stopped… the greatest show on turf was stopped… the 07 Pats were stopped… the recent KC teams were stopped and so on and so on.

At some point somebody is going to shut us down even if all the weapons are healthy.

How will we respond when this happens?

All fair answers but for some are coming off like they think we can’t be stopped. Y’all at some point… every great offense has been shut down.

The Oilers air raid back in the day was stopped… air coryell was stopped… the greatest show on turf was stopped… the 07 Pats were stopped… the recent KC teams were stopped and so on and so on.

At some point somebody is going to shut us down even if all the weapons are healthy.

How will we respond when this happens?
Enjoy the win today. Worry about this if it happens.

If some team was able to shut down Hill and Waddle I'd have to assume they have 2 elite CB's.

I don’t assume that at all.

IDC how good the corners are, they’re not stopping elite WR’s if the QB has time to allow plays to develop.

The key to stopping any dynamic offense is winning the battle up front and getting consistent pressure.

Remember the 2007 Cheatriots? That’s how the Giants upset them in the SB. With their front 4.

Same for the 2001 Cheatriots taking down the Rams prolific offense.

That said, if a defense schemes to take away Waddle and Hill and/or the quick passing game, I would tend to think it’ll open up the run game and taking advantage of Gesicki.

I'm not sure there's a team in the league that's going to lock down both Hill and Waddle.... I mean I guess you can double them both all game but then you're 1 on 1 across the field and Tua can pick you apart 6 yards at a time.... so is it death by 1 massive blow or by 1000 papercuts?
I'll take the massive blow... the papercuts sound painful!

Nobody is going to be able to lock them both down for a full quarter much less a whole game. You would have to at least double both which would leave running lanes open everywhere, not to mention Gisecki would feast.

As friggin awesome and insane as todays thrilling victory was… one question has been on my mind since the end of the game…

I’ve posted in 3 other threads that Im here to eat my crow this week about Tua and I believe I’ve done so. Please don’t bring that into this thread bc that’s not what this is about.

Im curious to hear others opinions on this. My question is… what will happen when we face someone who really locks down Hill and Waddle. It may be the next game the last game or somewhere in between but at least once this year we will face an opponent that really holds us down and the questions will begin. They will say “such and such just provided the blueprint for stopping the Dolphins offense”.

So I guess what I’m getting at is… when that happens (and it will happen) will MM be able to adjust and get creative and come up with new twists and wrinkles to beat the defense that gives us the most problems.

Just like how the convo has been about Lamar struggling against our cover 0… when someone really slows us down will MM and the rest of the staff be able to effectively adjust and keep Waddle and Hill free?

If you were the opposing defensive coordinator about to face us… what scheme would you deploy to try and stop our offense?
In order to do that, first off it may not even be possible, but the only way you could would create so much space in the running game that we would gash u that way which would open up play action. But again, not sure it’s even possible to **** them both down to begin with.

As friggin awesome and insane as todays thrilling victory was… one question has been on my mind since the end of the game…

I’ve posted in 3 other threads that Im here to eat my crow this week about Tua and I believe I’ve done so. Please don’t bring that into this thread bc that’s not what this is about.

Im curious to hear others opinions on this. My question is… what will happen when we face someone who really locks down Hill and Waddle. It may be the next game the last game or somewhere in between but at least once this year we will face an opponent that really holds us down and the questions will begin. They will say “such and such just provided the blueprint for stopping the Dolphins offense”.

So I guess what I’m getting at is… when that happens (and it will happen) will MM be able to adjust and get creative and come up with new twists and wrinkles to beat the defense that gives us the most problems.

Just like how the convo has been about Lamar struggling against our cover 0… when someone really slows us down will MM and the rest of the staff be able to effectively adjust and keep Waddle and Hill free?

If you were the opposing defensive coordinator about to face us… what scheme would you deploy to try and stop our offense?
I'll worry about this if and when it happens but something tells me that McD has already thought of a solution for this!

Enjoy the win today. Worry about this if it happens.
I’m not a player on the team… I’m a fan like the rest of us and I’m allowed to ask a question.

If you don’t want to answer that’s fine but others do and have.

It’s more unlikely we run through everybody on the schedule like you’re suggesting rather than just 1 opponent shutting us down.

It will happen at some point.
i'm not saying we run through anybody.

i'm saying the likelihood of anyone shutting down both hill and waddle in the same game, then another team being able to duplicate what they did against us, is quite a stretch.

if we falter it will be because of injury, or because the OLine doesn't protect tua.

not because some miracle scheme to stop both waddle and hill in the same game works, and other teams can duplicate it.

We’ll have to adjust at some point. Bad weather, cold, wind. It’s just a fact of life in the NFL. But we also have a coaching staff that will recognize conditions and adjust (unlike Flores against the Titans, for example).

As the season progresses, we’ll get better running the ball. And we won’t get shredded on D, hopefully.

We’ve already shown we can win a low-scoring defensive battle and a high-scoring shootout. Works for me.

The way to stop the Fins offense is not to focus on the WRs but to pressure the QB

Back
Top Bottom