What will happen? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will happen?

If some team was able to shut down Hill and Waddle I'd have to assume they have 2 elite CB's. So if that's the blueprint I don't think that's something most teams can match. If it's through schemes that means you have 3-4 guys covering/shadowing 2 players so someone else should be open. I would expect McDaniel and Tua to exploit this and throw to the other guys.
Or do what he is known for and run the ball. If there are 3/4 extra guys stopping our two WRs then there should be more room to run.

There is one way to shut them down. Become Mother Nature and drop 10 inches of rain or 3 feet of snow during the game.

As friggin awesome and insane as todays thrilling victory was… one question has been on my mind since the end of the game…

I’ve posted in 3 other threads that Im here to eat my crow this week about Tua and I believe I’ve done so. Please don’t bring that into this thread bc that’s not what this is about.

Im curious to hear others opinions on this. My question is… what will happen when we face someone who really locks down Hill and Waddle. It may be the next game the last game or somewhere in between but at least once this year we will face an opponent that really holds us down and the questions will begin. They will say “such and such just provided the blueprint for stopping the Dolphins offense”.

So I guess what I’m getting at is… when that happens (and it will happen) will MM be able to adjust and get creative and come up with new twists and wrinkles to beat the defense that gives us the most problems.

Just like how the convo has been about Lamar struggling against our cover 0… when someone really slows us down will MM and the rest of the staff be able to effectively adjust and keep Waddle and Hill free?

If you were the opposing defensive coordinator about to face us… what scheme would you deploy to try and stop our offense?
Was basically coming here to say: How exactly does one do that? Most teams look to double cover a threat, so naturally you will have to pull coverage from elsewhere to do it. To lock down both means leaving multiple other targets open or they have dropped back into coverage. Let's say they do manage to cover everyone, so now it's up to the line to handle their line, and that's when you run the ball. Teams who can't run the ball are up a creek, but thankfully I feel comfortable in regards to the fact that we can run the ball decently and passing the ball to Edmonds is like turning the tazmanian devil loose -- I feel like getting him the ball is a good thing.

A good offensive coach knows to make defenses sorry whenever they leave anything exposed. If they take away one thing, you hit them over the head with the other. When they move to block that, you punch them in the gut with the pass down the field. It's what the Patriots always seemed to do so well. They line up, toss the ball 3 yards, and stretch it into a decent gain. Do it over and over. Then send the ball down field and rip off a huge gain.

As friggin awesome and insane as todays thrilling victory was… one question has been on my mind since the end of the game…

I’ve posted in 3 other threads that Im here to eat my crow this week about Tua and I believe I’ve done so. Please don’t bring that into this thread bc that’s not what this is about.

Im curious to hear others opinions on this. My question is… what will happen when we face someone who really locks down Hill and Waddle. It may be the next game the last game or somewhere in between but at least once this year we will face an opponent that really holds us down and the questions will begin. They will say “such and such just provided the blueprint for stopping the Dolphins offense”.

So I guess what I’m getting at is… when that happens (and it will happen) will MM be able to adjust and get creative and come up with new twists and wrinkles to beat the defense that gives us the most problems.

Just like how the convo has been about Lamar struggling against our cover 0… when someone really slows us down will MM and the rest of the staff be able to effectively adjust and keep Waddle and Hill free?

If you were the opposing defensive coordinator about to face us… what scheme would you deploy to try and stop our offense?
Long before any of us had heard of Tua, I came to believe that a QB's primary job was to throw the ball accurately and on time to the right guy. If your QB does that then it's not something you can stop consistently. Sure any QB or offense can have a bad game, but there really is no defense for a perfect pass. A competent offensive coach and system with enough weapons can always figure out a way to get someone the ball. A defense can confuse a QB. They can try to disrupt his timing. But they can't cover every thing. If you focus too much attention on Hill and Waddle then by necessity there will be less attention on Wilson, Gesicki and the backs.

My perspective . . .
Sherfield was targeted twice, Cracraft twice, Ingold twice (no, he's not a WR), Smythe once. Wilson was targeted once. For the #3 WR, I find that disappointing.
Dolphin Brother, sometimes you gotta roll with what's working. Yesterday, that was our two blue chip WRs.

I wonder what will happen when Tom Brady meets a woman prettier and with more money than his wife?

Not many can cover waddle or hill. If they blanket them we have tends and other receivers that can get open.

How is someone going to lock up both Hill and Waddle? I'm genuinely curious, because I don't see a way.
In isolation, you could double both, rush 4. But the way our pass blocking and run game is picking up, seems like a losing strategy....also you could put hill and waddle both in the slot like we saw on one play yesterday...they can always find a way to attack the leverage of a dbl team that way

Back
Top Bottom