What will we do at #55? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will we do at #55?

At this point I expect them to go linebacker or corner. I want them to go offensive line, and if there is literally none that have appropriate value, and we can't trade back, maybe WR.

WR

Ladd McConkey
Johnny Wilson
Javon Baker
Troy Franklin

TE

Ben Sinnott

IOL

Jackson Powers-Johnson
Christian Haynes
Cooper Bebee
Christian Mahogany
Zach Zinter

OT

Kiran Amegadjie
Patrick Paul
Javon Foster
Christian Jones

DT

Johnny Newton
Kris Jenkins
Michael Hall Jr

CB

Max Melton
Cooper DeJean
Kool-Aid McKinstry
Jarrian Jones

With the exception of Jackson Powers-Johnson, who apparently has concussion concerns, I have all the remaining OL rated in the 41-75 range. As expected the league went hard at OL and picked off almost all the top guys - all the top guys if JPJ's concussion concerns are real.

The rest are all Top 40 grades, so if Grier sticks to BPA like he said, unless it's JPJ, Miami won't be going OL at 55.

Hall Jr is kind of like the DT version of Robinson - unbelievable first step, rare speed and quickness, extremely disruptive. He's kind of similar to Madubuike, who played at an All Pro level for Baltimore last year.

I would kind of love that.

My Top 5 best remaining (removing Powers-Johnson, because idk how serious the concussions are and Newton because he has reported injury concerns) would be:

Ladd McConkey
Ben Sinnott
Johnny Wilson
Kris Jenkins
Michael Hall Jr

Last edited:
Would love Christian Hayes or Cooper Dejean.

Apparently we tried to move back up into the first … so maybe we move up in the second for a particular player.

Was happy with Edge in the first. Premium position and a need given injuries.

If first two rounds play out like this I’d be very happy
Where did you hear they tried to move back into the 1st?

My biggest fear is we would go defense at 21. The run on offensive players in the 1st was wild. The best OT and WR are gone. I wouldn’t be shocked if we went defense again if we stay at 55. This draft was always going to be deep day 2 for defense and day 1 played out even more offense heavy than expected.

I legit think they could move up using 55 + 2025 3 if someone they covet falls into the 45’ish range. We have a plethora of early picks next year — 1, 2, 3, 3, 3.

If we stay put at 55…..

Troy Franklin
Christian Haynes
Cooper Beebe
JT Sanders (McDaniel apparently LOVES him)
Polk/McMillan
Zach Frazier
Roger Rosengarten

Don’t see JPJ, McConkey, Newton, Koolaid, etc. dropping that low and those are guys I think they’d be onto.

Would not be surprised if they take a safety like Bullard. We only have two safeties who can play, Poyer is 32 and a rental, and Holland is going to be looking for a massive pay day at a depreciated position. Barry alluded to potentially signing a vet guard after the draft, and OBJ is obviously on the way.

Last edited:
I would look to trade down if we can. There is going to be some good talent available in rounds 3 and 4.

I have a feeling though that its going to be a head scratching pick that wont make sense.

My nightmare pick would be Sanders.

They should have traded down last night given the project they reached for.

This team never learns.

I expect them to take another project at 55.

They should have traded down last night given the project they reached for.

This team never learns.

I expect them to take another project at 55.
How do you know they didn't try?

55 is a long way to go so it’s hard to say who will still be there.

The OT from Yale, Kiran A. may be underrated. He needs some development but he may be able to plug in at RG for a year while he cleans up technique. Kid seems to have a quiet determination about him.

DT. I may be the only one here, but Sweat from Texas can be a force at NT. Baltimore likes running those dominant, immovable run stuffers. Michael Hall could be a steal and the kid from LSU, Maason might be interesting. If you added Sweat and Robinson to the front 7, that’s huge.

Other than Dejean, and I assume he doesn’t get to 55, I don’t love any of the safeties. They are all significantly flawed one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom