What will we do at #55? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will we do at #55?

Would love Christian Hayes or Cooper Dejean.

Apparently we tried to move back up into the first … so maybe we move up in the second for a particular player.

Was happy with Edge in the first. Premium position and a need given injuries.

If first two rounds play out like this I’d be very happy
It was the right decision, who the h would be our rushers in the first 1/4 of the season without him and our DC loves to rotate. You may not like the pick but he would be negligent to not go there imo. Curious about where we go next? I wonder if we were trying to moe up for Worthy or Oline

Or it has to be lightning fast due to lack of blocking. Endless debate. The unknown is has the perceived lack of time caused Tua to occasionally miss the obvious or make a mistake? Unfortunately it's all hypothetical.
My only argument here is we had an injured and patch work line for the majority of the season yet our QB had a 100 rating and a 69% completion percentage.

We almost had two 1,000 yard rushers and avg 5.1 yards per rush as a team.

The argument for the line is fine is a lot stronger than the one for its a problem. The stats don't lie.

My only argument here is we had an injured and patch work line for the majority of the season yet our QB had a 100 rating and a 69% completion percentage.

We almost had two 1,000 yard rushers and avg 5.1 yards per rush as a team.

The argument for the line is fine is a lot stronger than the one for its a problem. The stats don't lie.
I know stats don't lie, but it's often tough to dig through appropriately. If you pull the Denver game from our yearly stats a lot of things change. That game was a true outlier. I wish someone would pull best and worst games from stats to get a bit of a different view. I'd do it, but I'm retired and drinking wine in Europe. Lol. I'll stick with that.

I really do like McD. Looking forward to a long tenure (hopefully) with an exciting coach/scheme. Tua seems to match it.

I don’t expect any of the top interior linemen to make it to 55 so if we want one we will need to move up.

55 is a critical pick because our next pick isn’t until 158. I could even see a trade back to try and pick something up in the 90-100 range.

If we stay put there are a few players I’m interested in;

WR - Malachi Corley, seems like a great YAC toy for McDaniel.

S - Cole Bishop, I doubt Dejean makes it to 55. Bishop is nearly as athletic and is a bit bigger.

OT - Kiran Amegadjie, small school and injury probably caused him to fly under the radar.

DT - Maason Smith, freak who will be two years removed from ACL. Sweat is also tempting.

I know stats don't lie, but it's often tough to dig through appropriately. If you pull the Denver game from our yearly stats a lot of things change. That game was a true outlier. I wish someone would pull best and worst games from stats to get a bit of a different view. I'd do it, but I'm retired and drinking wine in Europe. Lol. I'll stick with that.

I really do like McD. Looking forward to a long tenure (hopefully) with an exciting coach/scheme. Tua seems to match it.

Wasn’t an outliner, was just the only game all 5 starters they intended played. I trust they’ll put together a similar unit. Whether they stay healthy or not is a different story.

So many good players I’m drooling.

1. Jer’Zhan Newton
2. Jackson Powers-Johnson
3. Cooper Dejean
4. Patrick Paul
5. Zac Frazier
6. Kool-aid Mckinstry
7. Edgerrin Cooper
8. Payton Willis
9. Ennis Rakestraw
10. Michael Hall
11. Cooper Beebe
12. Ben Sinnott
13. T’Vondre Sweat
14. Duke Orhorhoro
15. A lot of WRs

I’m hoping to see a run on WRs early today.

Last edited:
Another FA band-aid who's coming off a major injury who won't be cheap? Yeah, no.
Grier was never going to draft an interior OL with a premium pick no matter how much we wanted it imho. The fact that nearly all the interior OL are still on the board but there isn't an edge anywhere near the talent of Robinson left kinda proves his point.

So many good players I’m drooling.

1. Jer’Zhan Newton
2. Jackson Powers-Johnson
3. Cooper Dejean
4. Patrick Paul
5. Zac Frazier
6. Kool-aid Mckinstry
7. Edgerrin Cooper
8. Payton Willis
9. Ennis Rakestraw
10. Michael Hall
11. Cooper Beebe
12. Ben Sinnott
13. T’Vondre Sweat
14. Duke Orhorhoro
15. A lot of WRs

I’m hoping to see a run on WRs early today.
You've only listed 14 players though and the Dolphins don't pick for another 23 picks (unless there are 9 WR's you like?)

So, I guess I'm saying be prepared to be disappointed. :lol:

What will WE do? You mean some on Finheaven?
Some will complain if Miami moves up or down.
Some will complain if Miami doesn't move up or down.
Some will complain if there's a commercial before Miami picks.
Some will complain because Miami did not choose the right guy, according to them.
Some will complain because another team chose the one player we had to have.
Some will complain...whatever Miami does.

I trust CG, MM, and the rest of the Fins brass.

Some will complain about that.

Jackson Power-Johnson
Patrick Paul
Cooper DeJean
Michael Hall Jr.
Jer’Zhan Newton
Braden Fiske

All players I would be thrilled to draft.

Back
Top Bottom