What Would Plan B Be? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Would Plan B Be?

Hurt is very much hated on this board. The most used arguement is tua beat him out. The next is the ridiculous big 12 sucks arguement.
But an honest eval. He is run first, but so was Lamar. Nobody thought Lamar could throw. If you openly watch hurt, he has a cannon. Now can he make the jump like Lamar is the real question...I think he does.
Now get this, there are many posters that thinks Fromm is a 4th rd pick...which is just f in absurd.
I'm also a fan of Fromm. The more I watch around the league, though, the more I want that multidimensional quarterback. Maybe that's Hurts.

Loved Lamar Jackson as well.

Ive watched every hurt and Lamar college game. I knew Lamar was a 1st rd pick but wasn't sure how it would translate to the NFL. Right now hurt is better than Lamar on the college level. Nobody thought Lamar could throw. Hurt does better in college right now.
Allen and wentz can't touch Herbert in college. I'm gonna get hammered but Herbert has always been and still is my #1 choice for Miami. Fromm is #2. Flo will have either of those guys in the post season.
Herbert looks pretty awesome on tape. He could have been Miami's number one target all along. We'll never know.

To some degree, I think I hold his school against him a little bit. Also I have no idea about his intangibles.

I'm also a fan of Fromm. The more I watch around the league, though, the more I want that multidimensional quarterback. Maybe that's Hurts.

Loved Lamar Jackson as well.
I so want that prototypical qb...and to me that's Herbert. 6'6...240 I mean damn!! But if you want a processor, that's Fromm all the way. One of the smartest qbs I've seen on the field.

I so want that prototypical qb...and to me that's Herbert. 6'6...240 I mean damn!! But if you want a processor, that's Fromm all the way. One of the smartest qbs I've seen on the field.
Fromm reminds me of Kirk Cousins. Smart and accurate. I do like the fit for Miami.

Wasn’t Fromm 13-28 for 110 yards on Saturday...behind one of the best Olines in College. He rarely is pressured. On his first TD Saturday it, he stood flat footed for what seemed like 10 seconds until his WR came open. We would be better off with Fitz.

In some ways, Hurts is a better college passer than Lamar Jackson, but he seems slow to read defenses. Love his athletic ability. Do you see the same things?

I think Herbert is a better prospect than Josh Allen, maybe more in-line with Carson Wenz? My comparison is an old school one...Drew Bledsoe. Thoughts?

One of my problems with Hurts is he’s not elusive and he’s going to take some major hits so he won’t be a runner for long. Then what?

Plan B

Well....

There are the 3 I look at with our first-round pick

Tua will depend on the injury information that comes out over the next 6 months...

Burrow would be the ideal choice as of right now...I really try to put the season he has had into perspective, but after the Florida game, I can't deny he is deserving of a top 3 pick.

Herbert Your physical freak, better than Allen, but you really need a plan to minimize how much of the offense is on his shoulders his first few years.

Later in round 1...

Eason
Fromm

Round 2
Tyler Huntley

One of my problems with Hurts is he’s not elusive and he’s going to take some major hits so he won’t be a runner for long. Then what?
That's a big question. At this point, I think Miami will move up a spot or two and take Herbert.

So we’re on pace for the 2nd overall pick, I don’t see the Bengals winning 2 games - even if they beat us. So they take Burrow or whatever QB and that leaves Chase Young? Take him!

So we’re on pace for the 2nd overall pick, I don’t see the Bengals winning 2 games - even if they beat us. So they take Burrow or whatever QB and that leaves Chase Young? Take him!
You have Skins beating Bengals and...? Staffordless Lions this week, maybe? If we have same record, Im not sure what the SoS tiebreaker will look like. I think we pick 3 behind Cincy and Skins...

lets say we pick 3rd......Cincy will take Burrow and the skins will take Thomas. They're losing their LT to free agency and they need to protect their QB who the owner picked.

That leaves two choices for us. Take Herbert if that's out guy or draft Young and go QB later. A name you guys will see coming up a lot in the next few months is Huntley who could be there with our 3rd pick of the first round. I totally want a QB drafted but not reach for one. Our priority on defense is a pass rusher and Young is the best one in this draft so now I'd be ok with him there as long as we still draft a QB.

One thing is for sure, we have 5 picks in the first two rounds and I'd like us to draft 5 players. In other words, I don't want to use picks to move up as we have a lot of needs.

Free agency should be all about the offensive line.

IF they have a young QB next year it would really help his development to protect him and give him a running game.

O Line. O Line.O Line.O Line
I agree. O-line and overall depth.

I've never been on the Tank for Tua train. I'm not sure the Miami front office is either, although I'm sure they love him as a prospect. Playing devils advocate, what happens if the Dolphins suddenly find their way out of the top three quarterbacks --- Tua, Burrow or Herbert?

I know everyone says, look at all those draft picks. Trade up if necessarily. But finding a trade partner could be difficult. As of now, Cincinnati owns the #1 overall pick. The Bengals need a quarterback and if they feel its only Tua and Burrow, I don't see them trading down. The New York Jets, Washington Redskins, Miami Dolphins, New York Giants and Atlanta Falcons are all in the mix for that top five range. Perhaps there's a trade possibility, but what would plan B be?

Do you draft the BPA with that first #1 (Young, Thomas) and then take a stab at Eason, Love or Fromm with the Pittsburgh pick, which keeps getting lower the more the Steelers win? Do you delve into free agency for a quarterback like maybe Teddy Bridgewater? Bridgewater could be a fit. Do you scour the market for trade possibilities. Cam Newton with a deal that is contingent on performance, or do you simply look toward 2021 for quarterback and build up the roster with Rosen and Fitz in the mix for 2020?

I believe Burrow is QB1 and a Bengal....I think we can get Herbert or Love.

I would entertain picking one of the top 3 remaining QB’s.... and grabbing Tua as well if he makes it to round 2.

I would love too see (Burrow, Herbert or Love)....Rosen and Tua as a trio competing for the starting gig.

I believe Rosen is learning how to read defenses by watching Fitzpatrick and is still in this equation.

Back
Top Bottom