What would YOU have done with the #19 pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would YOU have done with the #19 pick?

If you were Hickey, who would YOU have drafted at #19?

• Total voters

dagodfather

~GOD in the flesh~
Reaction score
Judging by the posts flooding the site, it seems everyone hates our pick of Ja'Wuan James. So if you were Dennis Hickey and YOU had the final say, who would you have drafted??? I didn't make an option for trading out of the pick because it is impossible to know if another team was interested in being a trade partner and if they were, what they were offering.

Trade down with NO or Cle for another 3rd and still get James

I would have taken one of the playmakers (Dix, Lee, etc.) left and grabbed a RT in the 2nd round, which apparently the guy we picked had a 2nd round grade.

I would have traded down with New Orleans. Said that from day one. If Zach Martin and the other tackles are gone and nobody higher rated slides trade down.. The trades were there. You still have Moses and James on board as well as the top rated guard
Also the Alabama Tackle was there. Stupid not to trade down but maybe they liked James that much.

Which you have no way of proving would happen

No way to know anybody would be there. They had trade options and didn't take them. James most likely would've still been there. If not I go with Moses

multiple teams traded up after us, there is no logic to say they would have rejected trading up with us over the team right behind us .
What actual sense does that make?

A good GM should be more than willing to take that risk considering the very low chance of James being taken. That's a free third round pick.

All you people complaining now, how many more of you would there be if we did happen to pull off a trade and ended up with moses and what... an extra 3rd? And when that 3rd ended up being a usual wasted mid-round pick? YEA... couldn't see a single person b*tching about that. Get real

Back
Top Bottom