What would YOU have done with the #19 pick? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would YOU have done with the #19 pick?

If you were Hickey, who would YOU have drafted at #19?

• Total voters
It's a decent pick. I would have selected XSF or Marqise Lee - so I would have reached.
I'm disappointed to see so many disappointed by the James pick. People seem to get real emotional about Draft picks but he could be good. Not a sexy pick but neither was Pouncey 3 years ago and he has turned out to be a Pro Bowler.

The people that hate the should blame past blown picks and signings instead of killing Hickey and James.

I don't hate the pick,I just thought we could have taken cooks and traded up for james in the 2nd....who knows?.....right tackle is filled.

I went with Brandin Cooks. Not hating the JaWuan James pick, but I would have added a dramatic playmaker in Cooks. I don't think you can find that type of talent later in the draft and you can probably get someone close to James in R2. I totally get and understand going with James. A bit of a reach, yes, but a player who fits the system at a position of need.

I have Dennard rated the #1 Corner. However, Miami runs strictly off coverage in both man and zone. Dennard is strictly a press corner. He would not have been a good player for Miami. He fits press schemes like Seattle and Jacksonville, or Cover 2 schemes like Cincy, Dallas, and Tampa.

Brandin Cooks is a fantastic slot receiver. But he is exactly that. A slot receiver, who would play less than 2/3 of the snaps on offense, actually closer to 1/2.

Alabama has a terrible track record of Defensive Backs in the NFL. At best, Ha Ha still is not an upgrade over Delmas, and I don't think he will ever be as good as him.

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

I went with Brandin Cooks. Not hating the JaWuan James pick, but I would have added a dramatic playmaker in Cooks. I don't think you can find that type of talent later in the draft and you can probably get someone close to James in R2. I totally get and understand going with James. A bit of a reach, yes, but a player who fits the system at a position of need.

Randall Cobb was taken #64 overall. TY Hilton was taken #92 overall.

I have Dennard rated the #1 Corner. However, Miami runs strictly off coverage in both man and zone. Dennard is strictly a press corner. He would not have been a good player for Miami. He fits press schemes like Seattle and Jacksonville, or Cover 2 schemes like Cincy, Dallas, and Tampa.

Brandin Cooks is a fantastic slot receiver. But he is exactly that. A slot receiver, who would play less than 2/3 of the snaps on offense, actually closer to 1/2.

Alabama has a terrible track record of Defensive Backs in the NFL. At best, Ha Ha still is not an upgrade over Delmas, and I don't think he will ever be as good as him.

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Randall Cobb was taken #64 overall. TY Hilton was taken #92 overall.

I don't care if Cooks plays 3 snaps if he scores 3 touchdowns...hes more than just a slot guy..but whatever?...he will be playmaking for the Saints now...hope we don't regret it.

I would've tried like hell to trade up and get Ebron or another explosive skill player. I'd like to have a WR who doesn't body catch the ball or fall down all the time.

I would have debated between Manziel and Bridgewater. That would have been a tough call. I'll say Manziel because during the telecast I was rooting for us to take Manziel, partially because it would signify that Hickey is bold and has a chance to be great.

If we exclude quarterback I would have taken Marqise Lee.

Maybe we can partially offset by finding Kyle Van Noy tomorrow. I guess it's dreaming that Hageman falls to us. Hageman and Easley are special talents at defensive tackle. I knew Easley would be picked higher than estimation. I mentioned that in one thread. I can't believe posters are laughing at the Patriots for that pick. Ray Lewis had the correct reference point, the season opener last year against the Canes. Easley was easily the best player on the field.

If I couldn't have traded down or if the trade down offers were poor, I'd have taken my top tackle on the board. It's a shame we didn't snag another mid round pick but we absolutely needed to come away with a starting calibre tackle and I'm confident we've done just that.

I understand people's disappointment but this pick is not a disaster. It may not be perfect but it ain't Pat White either!

I'm licking my chops at those wide outs available with our second or third. Can't get enough of Cody Latimer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I would have debated between Manziel and Bridgewater. That would have been a tough call. I'll say Manziel because during the telecast I was rooting for us to take Manziel, partially because it would signify that Hickey is bold and has a chance to be great.

lost_in_space1.gif

Cooks and Manziel would've been my two choices in that order.

It doesn't matter. He was the pick and he's a dolphin so root for the guy to be a top RT. We can't change what's done so get over it. I did already and I'm ready for tonight

Johnny Manziel. Tannehill has proven nothing in this league and performed awful last year with the playoffs on the line. We had a chance for a proven winner instead we kept our wagon hitched to a converted wr whose never risen above mediocrity.

Back
Top Bottom