What would YOU have done with the #19 pick? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would YOU have done with the #19 pick?

If you were Hickey, who would YOU have drafted at #19?

• Total voters
I'm okay with the pick, I would've been torn between CB Bradley Roby and TE Sefarian-Jenkins. Not sure which I wouldve gone with the finger on the button at the last second, but I'd lean Roby. If last years rooks and Roby came through, you could move Jamar Taylor to FS after this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sefarian in two years is a poor mans Gronk.

I am ok with the pick...
I would have had a hard time not taking Manziell there if I am Hickey.
You have an average qb qith zero instincs, and not half of the fight johnny has in him...

Probably made the right move, but man I would have struggled to not take Johnny falling in my lap..

At the time, anyone but James. Now that the dust has settled it, I can live with it. I still wouldn't have taken James, but I can live with it. From the beginning of the offseason, I said we should not go into the draft with glaring needs. Fill them, even if short term, in FA, so you can take the best players in the draft and not have to reach to fill a need. That was a past regime thing; I expected better with Hickey. At the time, I thought it must have been Earl Hickey making the pick. I would have taken Ha-Ha or Denard or Cooks or maybe even Manziel or Carr or Bridgewater. I was looking for a pick that showed some balls. All we have been doing since Parcells arrived is play it safe.

multiple teams traded up after us, there is no logic to say they would have rejected trading up with us over the team right behind us .
What actual sense does that make?

That doesn't mean that Miami could've pulled off the same trade. It didn't happen so it's impossible to say what could have been.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

I would've tried like hell to trade up and get Ebron or another explosive skill player. I'd like to have a WR who doesn't body catch the ball or fall down all the time.

So trade up to 10. Give up at least a 2nd or 3rd this year and probably another pick. If Miami gave him their #2 this year, who plays RG and RT when they only have 5 picks left?

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

A good GM should be more than willing to take that risk considering the very low chance of James being taken. That's a free third round pick.

Again you don't know that. Kiper had James going to Miami at #19. Walter Football did the same. It isn't like everyone in the world saw James as being 3rd round talent.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

I'd take my chances he'd still be there at 21 (Philly) or 27 (New Orleans) or 26(?) from the Browns.

At least that's reasonable. The only way to have found out if he'd be there or not is to not draft him at 19 and trade back. If he's gone, what then? Miami felt he wouldn't be around when they were up and since they said they liked him from the start, they chose him.

Clinton-Dix. BPA. Delmas has a 1 year deal and is hardly a game-changer even if he can stay fit

Hard to take anyone serious who wanted Manziel HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:crazy::crazy::crazy:

I'm trying to imagine the results of this poll if it had been taken at about noon yesterday. For some reason I think it would have been jusssst a bit different. :lol:

I voted other. Trade back with NO or Clev (which Hickey confirmed he had offers to trade back) and get at least a 3rd round pick and still get JJ. I like the player, just not at #19. People say he might not have been there, but NOBODY else picked an OT after Martin came off the boards. Why? Because the JJ and Moses are next teir OT and slotted to go late 1st or 2nd round. Hickey just didn't want to risk JJ not being there and reached at 19 and played it safe. Playing it safe is what gets us around a .500 record every year. Yeah, I know, who's to say the 3rd round pick turns out to be anything? But if they are such well informed draft experts, then they should get someone who should be a potential starter in that round, right? 2 picks are better than one, right?

I'm trying to imagine the results of this poll if it had been taken at about noon yesterday. For some reason I think it would have been jusssst a bit different. :lol:

Since we wouldn't already know who was taken in the first 18 picks, I would imagine so. :)

I voted other. Trade back with NO or Clev (which Hickey confirmed he had offers to trade back) and get at least a 3rd round pick and still get JJ. I like the player, just not at #19. People say he might not have been there, but NOBODY else picked an OT after Martin came off the boards. Why? Because the JJ and Moses are next teir OT and slotted to go late 1st or 2nd round. Hickey just didn't want to risk JJ not being there and reached at 19 and played it safe. Playing it safe is what gets us around a .500 record every year. Yeah, I know, who's to say the 3rd round pick turns out to be anything? But if they are such well informed draft experts, then they should get someone who should be a potential starter in that round, right? 2 picks are better than one, right?

Arizona could have very well taken James the next pick. Maybe they were so quick to trade out is because James was gone? We will never know.

People complain about James at #19 but how big of an ass would Hickey have looked like if he moved back and Arizona took James at #20. People are bitching now but Moses and Kouandjio are far inferior to James

Clinton-Dix. BPA. Delmas has a 1 year deal and is hardly a game-changer even if he can stay fit

The only "game changers" at free safety are Byrd and Earl. Weddle and McCourty are very good, but not exactly game changers. Of any position, it's better to be "solid" at safety more so than any other position.

I don't see Ha Ha being any better than Harrison Smith.

Arizona could have very well taken James the next pick. Maybe they were so quick to trade out is because James was gone? We will never know.

People complain about James at #19 but how big of an ass would Hickey have looked like if he moved back and Arizona took James at #20. People are bitching now but Moses and Kouandjio are far inferior to James

The cards would've looked like an ass imo. But even in that unlikely scenario if the phins still wanted to stick to o-line they could've then taken XSF and then used that third to move up in the second to take another o-lineman. If we're going to just plug gaps with average players I'd rather plug two gaps than one.

I would have traded down with New Orleans. Said that from day one. If Zach Martin and the other tackles are gone and nobody higher rated slides trade down.. The trades were there. You still have Moses and James on board as well as the top rated guard
Also the Alabama Tackle was there. Stupid not to trade down but maybe they liked James that much.

What if you trade down and someone picks him ahead of you... then what?

Back
Top Bottom