What Would You Rather: Tannehill w/ Cap-Friendly Deal OR Wilson w/ Cap-Busting Deal? | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Would You Rather: Tannehill w/ Cap-Friendly Deal OR Wilson w/ Cap-Busting Deal?

Which would you rather have?

• Tannehill w/ Cap-Friendly Deal

Votes: 156 89.7%
  • Wilson w/ Cap-Busting Deal

Votes: 18 10.3%

• Total voters
Well , there goes the Seahawks .... Too much invested on a guy who isn't the reason they're such a great team . They better be able to keep those defenders and those safeties

Well , there goes the Seahawks .... Too much invested on a guy who isn't the reason they're such a great team . They better be able to keep those defenders and those safeties

to that point I heard Chancellor will hold out

The deal includes a $31 million signing bonus and roughly $60 million in guaranteed money.

qb$.JPG

Here are the cap numbers for each year for QB's that have signed deals recently from over the cap. You can see when the cap charge rises which is when the player has to do well or its curtains. Interested to see how they structure Wilson's contract. With the short term there isn't a ton of options. Tannehill's contract numbers are looking pretty good when you look at others.
Interesting that in his 3rd year he gets paid more than most. Some of these QB signed deals last year or in 2013 so their year 1 starts when the contract was signed or extended.

going rate for a top QB, for a guy who is one of the reasons Seattle has been great. Can't keep everyone but you need to keep Wilson.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

he was threatening that before the Wilson deal. Wagner is the guy they need to worry about though they can now use the franchise tag on him.

Yeap , hes looking for money and he deserves it . When you spend that kind of money on a QB you better good he's the reason they're winning , a guy like Luck , Rodgers , Brees .... Guys who have the team riding on their shoulder.... Not on handoffs like Wilson.

Since Wilson has been there ... Sure they've won ... But they also have thrown the least amount of passes in the NFL .
Coincidence ? I think not

Yeap , hes looking for money and he deserves it . When you spend that kind of money on a QB you better good he's the reason they're winning , a guy like Luck , Rodgers , Brees .... Guys who have the team riding on their shoulder.... Not on handoffs like Wilson.

Since Wilson has been there ... Sure they've won ... But they also have thrown the least amount of passes in the NFL .
Coincidence ? I think not
he's a great player but he just signed a new deal 2 years ago and has 3 years left on the deal. he's not getting a new deal.

going rate for a top QB, for a guy who is one of the reasons Seattle has been great. Can't keep everyone but you need to keep Wilson.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

he was threatening that before the Wilson deal. Wagner is the guy they need to worry about though they can now use the franchise tag on him.

I agree , damned if you do damned if you don't .

They had to sign him , he could've gotten that money from most teams in need of a QB if not more . So I agree with you there Junc .

I just feel like with this , seattles time as a great all around team is coming closer to an end . They'll lose some essential pieces now . They gotta hope they can replace that high level of talent they lose which isn't easy in this league

Seahawks draft well and develop players. They will be fine if they lose a stud here and there. They will sign Wagner next. Chancellor will be in camp soon, he's not going to give up checks. He just signed a deal in 2013.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I agree , damned if you do damned if you don't .

They had to sign him , he could've gotten that money from most teams in need of a QB if not more . So I agree with you there Junc .

I just feel like with this , seattles time as a great all around team is coming closer to an end . They'll lose some essential pieces now . They gotta hope they can replace that high level of talent they lose which isn't easy in this league

Seattle was lucky, all their key guys were young and "cheap" especially at QB. Those days are over.

I don't like the fact that he said he doesn't care for hometown discounts. When you look at Tanny's deal, it makes you feel good about your play caller. Wilson is very good, no doubt, but I take Tannehill on a cap friendly deal 8 days a week.
Wilson gave them that discount his first 3 seasons. He was worth 15 times more than he was paid.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Seattle was lucky, all their key guys were young and "cheap" especially at QB. Those days are over.

if they keep drafting well then those days are endless, but i agree eventually they're going to have to make concessions on the defensive side of the ball....chancellor holding out to me is a piss poor way to handle it. he's got a pretty good contract as it is at 4 years 28 million...

Yea pretty soon that defense will be picked apart in free agency they better keep drafting well

if they keep drafting well then those days are endless, but i agree eventually they're going to have to make concessions on the defensive side of the ball....chancellor holding out to me is a piss poor way to handle it. he's got a pretty good contract as it is at 4 years 28 million...

It’s hard to hit at the rate they have but if they do then yeah it will go on for many years.

NE didn’t hit but they had Brady and the way many on here talk about Wilson is the way many talked about Brady through the first few years.

Actually that deal Wilson signed is a very good deal for both....Give me Wilson

Only QB in history with a 95 or better passing rate in his first 3 seasons
Only QB in history with 24 games with over a 100 passer rating in first 3 yrs
Leads all QB with 10 4th qrt comebacks and 15 game winning drives in first 3 yrs
One of only 5 QB with at least 20 passing TD in first 3 seasons

Here is a link for more impressive numbers for this guy.....

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/4/8/8370581/are-wilsons-first-3-years-the-best-in-nfl-history

I'll take him over RT any day of the week...

Back
Top Bottom