What Would You Rather: Tannehill w/ Cap-Friendly Deal OR Wilson w/ Cap-Busting Deal? | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Would You Rather: Tannehill w/ Cap-Friendly Deal OR Wilson w/ Cap-Busting Deal?

Which would you rather have?

• Tannehill w/ Cap-Friendly Deal

Votes: 156 89.7%
  • Wilson w/ Cap-Busting Deal

Votes: 18 10.3%

• Total voters
Actually that deal Wilson signed is a very good deal for both....Give me Wilson

Only QB in history with a 95 or better passing rate in his first 3 seasons
Only QB in history with 24 games with over a 100 passer rating in first 3 yrs
Leads all QB with 10 4th qrt comebacks and 15 game winning drives in first 3 yrs
One of only 5 QB with at least 20 passing TD in first 3 seasons

Here is a link for more impressive numbers for this guy.....

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/4/8/8370581/are-wilsons-first-3-years-the-best-in-nfl-history

I'll take him over RT any day of the week...

http://sportswire.usatoday.com/2015/01/30/nfl-super-bowl-xlix-new-england-patriots-seattle-seahawks-tom-brady-russell-wilson-and-the-myth-of-the-clutch-quarterback/

When trailing by one possession (a one- to eight-point deficit) in the fourth quarter, Wilson has a career passer rating of 74.1. He also has the most game-ending interceptions (5) in the NFL since 2012.

One of those "game ending INTs" was a heave late against SF after SF scored w/ about 20 secs left but it looks nice in a quote w/o context.

You were saying?

But what defines a game-winning drive? For Pro-Football-Reference, it’s “an offensive scoring drive in the 4th quarter or overtime that puts the winning team ahead for the last time.” And these drives are credited to the quarterback no matter how the offense scores or even the situation in the game as long as it ends in a way that makes it the decisive drive.

This season alone, Wilson was credited with a game-winning drive in the Seahawks 38-17 win over the Giants and a 20-7 win against St. Louis. Against the Jets in Week 16, Tom Brady picked up one on a drive during which he did not attempt a pass and the Patriots did not gain a first down — New England started the drive from the Jets’ 13 yard-line after a turnover and kicked what proved to be the game-winning field goal.

And should we really be touting a statistical category in which Geno Smith tied for the lead during his rookie season?

miami will be reworking tannys contract within 3 or 4 years anyways...but at $16 mil per he's a absolute steal

That's not how you should look at it.

Tannehill is entering the fourth year of his rookie contract and next year is his fifth year team-option which the Dolphins picked up, an option the Seahawks do not have with Wilson as he was a third rounder. The extension is the last four years of the deal, in which he will be averaging 20,168,000 million dollars. Russell Wilson will average 21.9 million over the life of his own four year extension. The average annual difference in cap hit between Wilson and Tannehill is 1.7 million dollars.

That's not how you should look at it.

Tannehill is entering the fourth year of his rookie contract and next year is his fifth year team-option which the Dolphins picked up, an option the Seahawks do not have with Wilson as he was a third rounder. The extension is the last four years of the deal, in which he will be averaging 20,168,000 million dollars. Russell Wilson will average 21.9 million over the life of his own four year extension. The average annual difference in cap hit between Wilson and Tannehill is 1.7 million dollars.

Yeah nick1 set me straight...although the difference is miami has tannehill under contract for an extra year or two

My personal opinion is when its all said and done miami feels more fortunate about its qb contract than seattle does

Yeah nick1 set me straight...although the difference is miami has tannehill under contract for an extra year or two

My personal opinion is when its all said and done miami feels more fortunate about its qb contract than seattle does

Yeah because its cheaper and if things go sour we can kick him to the curb after next season.

2 million per win....fantastic...

That's a better rate than Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Brees, Kaepernick, Cutler, etc. and right on par with Roethlisberger, Flacco, etc.

Of course, acknowledging that would be a lot less dickish.

That's a better rate than Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Brees, Kaepernick, Cutler, etc. and right on par with Roethlisberger, Flacco, etc.

Of course, acknowledging that would be a lot less dickish.

Or not getting your panties all in a bunch and recognizing a joke...

Or not getting your panties all in a bunch and recognizing a joke...
yeah, somehow I imagine you have the type of humor that you'd tell a fat woman she looks fat in a dress, then telling her you were just kidding, it's the fat that makes her look fat. Your joke was rather dickish.

Back
Top Bottom