What's cooking? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's cooking?

Ribs. Straight ribs yo, prepped with rub (Meat Church Gospel) overnight for smoking at 6am tomorrow. EH Taylor Small batch old fashioned for prep work.

View attachment 151803
Just finished some ribs. I'm guessing meat church gospel is a brand name for a rub? I always make my own rubs and marinades. I only make my own bbq sauce when I don't have any on hand though.

Just finished some ribs. I'm guessing meat church gospel is a brand name for a rub? I always make my own rubs and marinades. I only make my own bbq sauce when I don't have any on hand though.
It is. I'm the opposite of that spectrum. I've always felt rubs are just combinations of spices I can do it if I so choose, but if I find a good combination I just use it. The sauces however, require nuance. Sauces require the right ingredients, cooking, cooking time and finish. When it comes to ribs, I always use a prepackaged rub, 3 hours on smoke, homemade wrap blend for 2 hours, then slather with homemade BBQ sauce of the day for 1 hour and serve.

Oh, I also cook homemade baked beans in that last hour of smoke underneath the ribs drenched in BBQ sauce.

It is. I'm the opposite of that spectrum. I've always felt rubs are just combinations of spices I can do it if I so choose, but if I find a good combination I just use it. The sauces however, require nuance. Sauces require the right ingredients, cooking, cooking time and finish. When it comes to ribs, I always use a prepackaged rub, 3 hours on smoke, homemade wrap blend for 2 hours, then slather with homemade BBQ sauce of the day for 1 hour and serve.

Oh, I also cook homemade baked beans in that last hour of smoke underneath the ribs drenched in BBQ sauce.
I cook from the hip, without recipes. I may reference some recipes to get an idea as to what I need, but then I just wing it.

To me, a rub or marinade is easy. BBQ sauce seems more nuanced, and I never include catsup/ketchup in anything I make. If I could get a base that doesn't include catsup, then I'd start making/experimenting with BBQ sauce.

I made an epic bowl of chili AKA red. Slow simmered 2 pounds ground chuck and 6 hot Italian sausages added that to 2 monster sauteed onions, homemade chili seasoning, a bottle of modelo negro, stout coffee, two cans of san marzano tomatoes, and a few other things. Slow-cooked for 8 hours and will fire up for another 5 this morning. Will be served with chopped green onion and sour cream.

Also made stuffing for stuffed mushrooms. Sauteed 6 hot Italian sausages, onions, garlic puree, and fine chopped mushroom stems. While still hot, add that to a pack of cream cheese and freshly grated pecorino romano with a little homemade rosemary salt, black pepper, and thyme. Will toss those in the oven for 20 minutes at the end of the first quarter.

I am far too hung over to cook. 5pm here will order some pizzas.

Just opened a beer and whoever said the best way to get over a hangover is have a drink....

Lied.

Will crash at 7pm for a few hours and wake up at midnight for the game. 💤

Sadly, BBQ happens less often these days. Its too much of a hassle .

We have a halftime tradition of ordering delivery either pizza or Chinese food come halftime.

The true story, though, is I get to be an alcoholic on Sundays and I don't disappoint. When I drink, I don't get hungry until much later on.

When we do bbq we go buffet style; steak, chicken, wings, sausage, burger, hot dog, corn, veggie skewers. That's the way I roll. Im a big fan of variety which is why Doordash is reaping havoc on my credit card (CAUTION: never smoke a doobie & get on Doordash). There's always a surplus of food so the neighbors love it when they smell that smoke from my yard cuz they know they're getting a tray,

But this is all tradition crap. I get so anxious during games, I can barely eat. I'll have a taste here & there to sample the fare while its piping hot but the real eating doesn't start until the late night munchies attack.
Watching a game together with you would be a Hoot, I am always anxious as **** watching Dolphins games, especially BIG games like today. I guess it’s 420 somewhere 😉

Back
Top Bottom