What’s The Difference Between Gase And Mcvay? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What’s The Difference Between Gase And Mcvay?

I'm not that impressed with the Rams Defense.

The Offense, on the other hand, is in another league.

Todd Gurley used properly is a huge factor. McVay deserves credit for that.

With that said, Gase and company have had 3 offseasons to build this team. The excuse McVay has better talent all around than Gase is some prime cut cognitive dissonance.

I'm not that impressed with the Rams Defense.

The Offense, on the other hand, is in another league.

Considering the big names they signed in the offseason and outside of Donald, it's surprising how "nothing special" they are.
Reminds me of the Giants a few years ago when they made all those splash FA signings including our own OV

I don't get the running back talk, Gore is a downhill Runner and rarely goes down on first touch and Drake is a home run hitter. Our problems lie deeper than the running back position.

McVay is an innovator and Gase is a fraud. You might think, how can you call McVay an innovator and Gase a fraud when Gase's teams have scored 54 more points than McVay's. I would then point out that Gase has been a head coach for 16 more games than Mcvay, so only having 54 more points scored is pretty awful.

McVay definitely doesn’t play it safe and Gase, well he plays to not lose. Seriously, that’s his philosophy

Rams when healthy have a HOF talent at RB and three fantastic WRs on top of having WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY better line play.

Fischer was horrible and refused to adapt his offense to the modern era. Boxes were stacked, Gurley couldn't get going and they hamstrung their QB. Mcvay is a great play caller. Last year he would get a little cute like **** stain gase tries to do every opportunity but this year he's been way better.

Gase is garbage. They refuse to infuse the right kind of talent that isn't 1000 years old on the line, they refuse to have any WR's that can win one on one. They refuse to Drake as the potential elite talent that he is...Gase is garbage. I'm completely off the Gase train. The third and 10 run last week was the final straw. Fire him yesterday.

Who is the "etc."

Parker is often hurt, but I think he's a stud when he's on the field.

Harris is now hurt, but flashed (to me) this year before the calf injury.

Minkah is a great talent and seems to be improving game by game.

Tunsil becoming a stud.

Howard becoming a stud.

McCain becoming a very good slot corner.

Godchaux becoming very good.

Vincent Taylor becoming very good.

Undrafted (I think) Jesse Davis starting and holding his own.

Jakeem Grant massive improvement.

I could go on.

You could go on, and that's the type of thing that has gone on here since I joined this site in 2005, and no doubt earlier -- severely overrating our own players.

Initially I thought it was a joke when I saw rank mediocrities touted in sigs.

Anyway, Gase has 5-10 plays per game that resemble McVay plays. That's the way I would summarize. McVay always features motion and variety and aggressiveness that creates cavernous gaps and mismatches in space. Gase is incredibly frustrating because that type of thing can define a possession or two, but otherwise disappear.

IMO what matters is consistency and getting the job done when difficulties strike.

McVay is having a a really good run right now -- with a LOT of positive mojo

working for him. That said, NOT sold on the Rams as a SB winner

just yet.

I hope this is the year of the Chiefs!

And I think the N F L owes Andy Reid one.

2016 Ajayi had 1423 yards on 287 touches. 2016 Gurley had 1212 yards on 321 touches.

Here come the "Ajayi is awesome", football know nothings. He got all of his yard in a couple games when the line was healthy, which didn't even last during the entire win streak in 16. Fat glass albert and Mike help I fell and broke my Hip pouncey were in and out of the line up and I'm pretty sure Tunsil missed game too.

Now we have basically guys off the street playing guard, an average LT and a slightly below average RT.

Back
Top Bottom