What's the difference between Moore and Flynn | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's the difference between Moore and Flynn

Was watching Lombardi on NFL Network last night and he brought up this point. He was stating that if you want to bring another QB to the team that new QB needs to be a big upgrade from Moore. Yet in his opinion Flynn is not that big upgrade. Flynn is only one year younger and their size and skills are similar. The only advantage to Flynn is his experience with Philbin.

Lombardi demonstrated very little knowledge of the Dolphins' personnel, their FA moves to date or these QBs.

Moore is not a bad QB at all. One he had the offense down starting with game 8, Moore had a 90+ QB rating, a 2:1 TD to INT ratio and a very nice 7.6 YPC average. He was the second best QB in the AFC East after Brady.

Flynn would be an upgrade over Moore in Philbin's WCO because he knows and has the skill set for the offense.

The only real question is whether any alternative FA or rookie QB available to Miami has a better skill set for the WCO because none will have as complete a knowledge as Flynn. If a rookie offers a better skill set, then consider drafting him after signing Flynn and we will likely be set for QB.

As Varak pointed out Matt Moore showed a lot of charactor under adverse conditions and i would not hesitate to start him if he out plays Flynn or any rook we bring in. Flynns big value to me is his familiarity with the system. He's like having another QB coach out there and in meeting rooms.
No one think he's the next marino but nothing says we can not keep looking both in this draft (Tann , Weedon ,etc)
and in future opportunities. They should keep drafting QB's till they get it right.
If Flynn turns out to be the guy. GREAT if not keep trying.

I do not want Flynn. He is not any better than Moore. As a matter of fact, Moore is better, because he has experience and Flynn does not. Experience is the best teacher.

No rookie has experience, should they never play? How the hell is Flynn supposed to be a player if in your way to run a team is to never play him b/c he isn't experienced?

One has a super bowl ring and broke the single game passing TD record for one og the greatest francises in the NFL (Starr, Farve, Rodgers).

Was watching Lombardi on NFL Network last night and he brought up this point. He was stating that if you want to bring another QB to the team that new QB needs to be a big upgrade from Moore. Yet in his opinion Flynn is not that big upgrade. Flynn is only one year younger and their size and skills are similar. The only advantage to Flynn is his experience with Philbin.

I'm on the fence with Flynn and would support the move if Miami makes it because, hey what do I know. However, it makes since to bring in a Tannehill or the kid from Arizona State, both who have different skills and size, plus younger to grow. Play Moore and let our draft pick grow a couple of years so he can learn. Especially if we are truly in a rebuilding movement again.

Your thoughts on the differences between Flynn and Moore.

IMO Moore has never had a performance like the one Flynn had against Lions. These guys all have these opinions, just like they did about cam newton . However, we never go back and analyze those opinions after 3 years have passed, when the sample size is so small like it is with Flynn, how can Lombardi have a credible opinion. We just don't know.

Back
Top Bottom