What's the plan at WR with DP out? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's the plan at WR with DP out?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
DP is nursing a torn hymen again. What are we doing at WR to rectify this problem? We signed Callaway but he can't play until after week three as he's still serving a suspension. That kid can play as long as his head is on straight. Ford should have been able to catch that sideline pass.... We're in a bad way at WR. Like dismally bad. If Buffalo D knows we have no one besides PW and MG to pass to, and we didn't look great at running the ball last year this could get really ugly really fast.

Not out yet but he was limited in practice. We all know he has like zero pain threshold.
Ehh, maybe. But sometimes the player wants to play and the staff won't let him. If he has a mild strain, that could turn into a full rupture if you don't take precautions. Medical staff and/or coaches may be limiting him so he's not out for several weeks.

I'm not saying that IS the case here. I'm just saying we can't assume either way.

So, let's pretend he is out for the sake of the discussion. IMO we still have plenty of tools to work with. Williams, Ford, Grant, Gesiki, etc should still be able to hold their own if utilized correctly. There are plenty of teams that successfully move the ball with far less.

Ehh, maybe. But sometimes the player wants to play and the staff won't let him. If he has a mild strain, that could turn into a full rupture if you don't take precautions. Medical staff and/or coaches may be limiting him so he's not out for several weeks.

I'm not saying that IS the case here. I'm just saying we can't assume either way.

So, let's pretend he is out for the sake of the discussion. IMO we still have plenty of tools to work with. Williams, Ford, Grant, Gesiki, etc should still be able to hold their own if utilized correctly. There are plenty of teams that successfully move the ball with far less.
I mean they were all in last week and were largely not factors. DP is a wimp at getting through injuries. Gase had to call him out in the news paper as he was being such a vag.

I also still don't know how the O line can pass block (kudos) but they can't run block?

I also still don't know how the O line can pass block (kudos) but they can't run block?

Think of it like a totally different skill set. In baseball, you may be able to hit base hits all day, but maybe can't bunt worth a damn.

It's totally different skill to prevent someone from getting past you than it is to move them where you want them to go to open a hole.

Easy, we planned for this, just put in Albert Wils........... oh wait, scratch that. I meant put in Alan Hurn..................... wtf ............. so much for dependability. Easy Peasy, we put in Jakeem Grant and give him his shot. Time to see if he can step up. If not, we move on to giving Malcolm Perry his shot. Now we'll find out whether Fitz can hit smaller targets.

I think slim or pachyderm explained it very well. We have to force the Bills into different coverages by overloading sides and showing one look and changing it with motion. It was an interesting read stating it’s not all about winning against man. Also, the slot from the Jets really ate against Buffalo. Not sure we have an advantage there or not.

I mean they were all in last week and were largely not factors. DP is a wimp at getting through injuries. Gase had to call him out in the news paper as he was being such a vag.

lol

Have you ever tried to run with a hamstring injury?

and

Pass blocking and run blocking are two COMPLETELY different techniques.

Back
Top Bottom