What's the plan at WR with DP out? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's the plan at WR with DP out?

Whatever they could do that made sense they did that's Lyn Bowden and Callaway and it doesn't really make sense to bring in a high priced receiver and give up a good pick because this team really isn't ready and is still feeling itself out.

Bowden we got late and will have to work extra hard to get up to speed, Callaway also late and under suspension and while he can sit in meetings hasn't played a snap yet and will need time after the suspension to begin to fit in.

Williams, Grant, Ford, Hollins, Perry will just have to step up.

Gailey's game plan was shut down hard by NE defense, he needs to do better...Flores defensive plan was worse and should of stayed out of nickle and ran base more, trading McMillian for a 4th I believe was a mistake and he should of been starting LB in base, Lawson got faked out all game and lost the edge...what's the point in paying all these CB's and running zone also made it easy for NE.

I thought if Parker, Williams and Gesicki were 100% and Fitz started where he left off we could have make a splash...that didn't happen...3 int's were lucky they didn't score more.

We will see if Flores again can turn these 53 guy's into a decent team.

I’ve been worried about DVP since last year. I worried he’s just riding this cloud of confidence until he got injured again. Well, he’s injured again and didn’t look right last week. Historically he takes a while to put himself back together after an injury, so color me worried.

Didn't look right?

He was the only WR doing anything at all. Was open all the time.

without Parker we have the saddest wr corps in the league even with him its bottom rung

Easy, we planned for this, just put in Albert Wils........... oh wait, scratch that. I meant put in Alan Hurn..................... wtf ............. so much for dependability. Easy Peasy, we put in Jakeem Grant and give him his shot. Time to see if he can step up. If not, we move on to giving Malcolm Perry his shot. Now we'll find out whether Fitz can hit smaller targets.
I actually think Grant works better on the outside than he does from the slot. And if they plan on jamming him you know there’ll be a safety spying on him every play as well. If he can be consistent his presence could create a domino effect of opportunities for other receivers.

I actually think Grant works better on the outside than he does from the slot. And if they plan on jamming him you know there’ll be a safety spying on him every play as well. If he can be consistent his presence could create a domino effect of opportunities for other receivers.
Good point. It did seem that he was more threatening from the outside. He may be jammed, but if he's not then the safety needs to cheat way over to Jakeem's side or play excessively deep, which really opens things up for Williams/Parker on the other side and Gesicki up the seam.

I got laughed at all offseason because I was banging the table for a WR high in the draft... "Dude WR might be the strongest unit on the team gtfo"...

Same guys are now blaming lack of separation and overall lack of talent on offense for Fitzpatrick's 3 picks...

Same guys think Grier's doing a tremendous job...

Go figure...

The answer is simple. It's implementation is not.

1) Use an effective running game.

2) Pass more often to the running backs.

3) Use your existing WR's in plays optimized to their capabilities with plays that are coordinated with our running game to confuse and delay the Bills defense.

4) Use the "Ty Cobb"; i.e. "Hit 'em where they ain't". This is what the QB & RB's need to do.

I got laughed at all offseason because I was banging the table for a WR high in the draft... "Dude WR might be the strongest unit on the team gtfo"...

Same guys are now blaming lack of separation and overall lack of talent on offense for Fitzpatrick's 3 picks...

Same guys think Grier's doing a tremendous job...

Go figure...
Absolutely right, and the fact the Clemson kid went in round 2 is proof of that. But look at the 2021 draft. Between LSU's Chase and Alamaba's Smith and Waddle, there are 3 legitimately dominant WR's going very high in the first round. Just imagine if Tua were allowed to grow with Lamar Chase for 10+ years ... that would become a dynamite passing attack. Despite both Alabama WR's of last year being 1st rounders and showing well, the two next year are probably even better!

IMHO, we'll be prioritizing pass rushers, not WR's, but if we're picking high, I can definitely see us snagging one of those 3 phenomenal WR1's. That's how you build a team around a young QB. First you build an OL that can protect him, then you give him weapons to use. Don't be surprised if we follow the blueprint. I was always shocked that we never did any of that for Tannehill; but fortunately, it seems Grier/Flo understand that it is required.

DVP was the best looking player on offense and it wasn't even close, he injured his hamstring again in the 2nd quarter that's why he left the game.

didn’t say he looked bad. He wasn’t DVP of last year. Hammy clearly was bothering him imo

Stick Gesicki at wideout, bring in Hunt and any other spare beef to load up the line to run the hell out of the ball.

And toss in an end around/reverse early on.

Back
Top Bottom