What's the plan at WR with DP out? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's the plan at WR with DP out?

Not much we can do other than play the guys we have which means Williams and a few gadget players. It will be hard to run the football as they will dare us to go on top and will stack the LOS. We need to be creative but I'm not holding my breath with Gailey's offense. Some screen passes or a reverse could work but if we try doing what we did last Sunday then the result will be even worse.

I mean they were all in last week and were largely not factors. DP is a wimp at getting through injuries. Gase had to call him out in the news paper as he was being such a vag.

I also still don't know how the O line can pass block (kudos) but they can't run block?

I guess you were in some type of mood today after eating your bowl of nails, washing your hair with a bar of soap, and making whoopie to 13 Vietnamese women. I would rather he recover from the strain than push the issue. With regards to your original question, 1) next man up for the boundary 2) call up someone from the practice squad and/or 3) get Gesicki more involved.

DP is nursing a torn hymen again. What are we doing at WR to rectify this problem? We signed Callaway but he can't play until after week three as he's still serving a suspension. That kid can play as long as his head is on straight. Ford should have been able to catch that sideline pass.... We're in a bad way at WR. Like dismally bad. If Buffalo D knows we have no one besides PW and MG to pass to, and we didn't look great at running the ball last year this could get really ugly really fast.
They need to trade for a young veteran WR. They should look into Odell Beckham. WR was a good group going into June. All that changed when Hurns and Wilson opted out. Now Parker is out. Grant is vastly overrated. Unless they can run the ball very well they WILL lose to Buffalo and that could send yet another season off the rails.

Not out yet but he was limited in practice. We all know he has like zero pain threshold.
That's not really true. In fact the first few years he was on the team the knock on him was he was always injured which slowed him down while playing. Now is he injury prone? It seems like it, but to say he has no pain tolerance or doesnt want to play through injuries is pretty far fetched.

I’ve been worried about DVP since last year. I worried he’s just riding this cloud of confidence until he got injured again. Well, he’s injured again and didn’t look right last week. Historically he takes a while to put himself back together after an injury, so color me worried.

Parker is day to day. It's probably about 50/50 that he plays against Buffalo. We sure could use him but we need the guy at 100% otherwise his play is just average. If he's a full go on Friday he'll likely suit up and give it a shot pre game. If he can't cut without pain then he'll sit this ine out.

Can guys that opted out opt back in?

We could switch our offense to a read option if that makes you feel better ;)

We could use 2 new WRs next draft, preferably one in the first round. Parker is a beast when healthy. Williams is a beast when healthy. Neither are healthy right now. Williams isn't back to 100% and his 80% was not great last week at least. Maybe against lesser defenses (like Jets, Bengals, Jags etc) he'll be more effective. I don't expect Bill's secondary to be softer than New England's.

They need to trade for a young veteran WR. They should look into Odell Beckham. WR was a good group going into June. All that changed when Hurns and Wilson opted out. Now Parker is out. Grant is vastly overrated. Unless they can run the ball very well they WILL lose to Buffalo and that could send yet another season off the rails.
Good news is the top two LBs for Buff are injured so that could help our run attempt this week.

I mean they were all in last week and were largely not factors. DP is a wimp at getting through injuries. Gase had to call him out in the news paper as he was being such a vag.

I also still don't know how the O line can pass block (kudos) but they can't run block?
Pass blocking you’re holding your ground And mostly moving backwards. Run blocking you’re advancing forward. Some lineman don’t have good footwork for pass blocking others not strong enough to advance upfield for run blocking.

Back
Top Bottom